MiraCosta College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for MiraCosta College

Narumi

People there are very supportive and kind friendly so I always get helped by them. As an international student, there are some problems and misunderstandings at school and living in the US. But they tell us what we must do as non-resident such as paperwork, Visa work, and how we can comfortable stay at this school. I do not know if other college do this but they teach us important things and I am really glad I chose here.

Alexis

I think MiraCosta is a good starter school for those who don't know what their major is going to be, as well as a great school for those going back into the school system. The people who attend MCC are really friendly. Also, the teachers are extremely helpful, in and out of the classroom.

Jaqueline

Miracosta College is a very nice school, small but very friendly. The staff are very kind maybe with the exception of 1 or 2 who I've interacted with. You can ask anyone for help and they'll be happy to help you. The school is in a very beautiful location in Oceanside, CA, it overlooks the ocean as well as a nice view of the mountains.

Israel

When I graduated from Rancho Buena Vista High School in 2010, I was extremely unsure of what I was going to experience during my next steps in education. After trying to decide between several California State Universities , I eventually decided I would attend Mira Costa Community College first, and work toward transferring into a CSU or UC. As I began my first classes in the fall of 2010, I found myself pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to adapt to Mira Costa's own brand of college life. The class sizes were small, the teachers were constantly engaging students throughout the class, and my classmates were extremely down to earth and goal oriented. After becoming friends with many of my classmates, I realized how truly diverse the students were at Mira Costa. There were single mothers working full time toward nursing certificates, Veterans pursuing pre-requisites for business degrees, and even established professionals simply taking classes to continue learning. I was highly motivated by the students around me, and I spent many hours working with counselors at Mira Costa. Of the three colleges I have attended, Mira Costa's counseling center stands out as one of the best and most effective I have worked with. The counselors don't "simply talk to you", they "work with you". This means that they actively help you determine your long term goals by engaging in the research with you, and providing you with the roadmap and tools to accomplish your goals. The counselors at Mira Costa also go above and beyond by treating you like as a life learner, not just a young college freshman. There are often misconceptions that community colleges don't provide the same level of inspiration and academic vigor as 4 Year Universities. After attending Mira Costa, I couldn't disagree more. I loved my time at Mira Costa, and I can honestly say that it helped me realize my ability to set goals, pursue them, and accomplish them.

Raymond

MiraCosta is an overall decent junior college. The teachers that I have worked with cared enough to help students learn and grow outside of class but not too much to the point of coddling making it easier to transition to a University or Cal state school compared to going in fresh out of high school. The are a lot of different clubs and communities to join which it nice and they are always looking for others to join. Also the library services are amazing with there writing center to help you with your essays and other writing needs to their stem center that will help you with any stem class that you may need help with. I would defiantly recommend this college to someone especially if they don't know their major since there are lot of classes to adventure with people willing to help you to learn without costing an arm and a leg.

joey Galileo

MiraCosta College is a great college if you need time to prepare for the 4 year university experience and/or have financial troubles at a 4 year university. Either way, MiraCosta caters to a very diverse population, even those who aren't freshman out of high school (ESPECIALLY veterans). Although social life is lacking and it is quite difficult for introverts to make friends, MCC will provide you a great education at a very affordable price. I have grown a lot my first year here, even with having learning disabilities and anxiety disorder.

I love Mira costa. It's a very nice school, people are great and the teachers aren't bad. Honestly you just have to rate your professor in order to have a good class. The students are nice and the food is good! In all this campus supports everyone and has many group things where people are able to come together. It's a safe campus and it's huge. Love it here.

MCC is a very good school overall. Many of my professors have PhDs and are excellent at what they teach. They are always available to help you, especially when it comes to essays and tests. The class sizes are small (usually no more that 40 people per class) and the discussions are great. The campus food is tasty and reasonably priced. The library is a great place to work. However, the counseling services are a bit lacking. I don't have an assigned counselor and it is so difficult to get an appointment in, especially during the next semester enrollment period. Other than that, the school is great!

Anne

I love MiraCosta College. The campus is gorgeous! They do an excellent job of maintaining the grounds. I love to sit under the shade of the trees and read. The cafeteria has a great selection of healthy options. The library has a lot of computers for student use. The staff is extremely helpful and I am enjoying my classes. I'm really enjoying my time on campus.

Whitley

It's a great community college! As long as you stay on the right track, they are very much interested in getting you to the next level. I've heard they've created even more opportunities for those wanting to get a bachelor's degree there! The financial aid office could use some work, but as long as you are on top of it, they shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Sydney

Miracosta college is an amazing college that provides excellent opportunities for every type of student. I love the environment, small class size, amazing teachers, and great curriculum. I have loved every single class I have been in. I am a 15 year old high school sophomore who would not be able to take college classes and therefore graduate high school early if it was not for Miracosta.

cassidy

This school is a very clean, safe and beautiful place. I enjoy getting up to go to class in the morning. The teachers are more than just teachers and its very obvious they are always there to help you whenever needed. Every employee that works at miracosta is very caring, nice and welcoming.

The professors at MiraCosta College are very welcoming and take the time to get to know their students. The class sizes are generally small, which gives more opportunity to understand the material and have all questions answers. I have enjoyed my time at MiraCosta College, because the students are friendly and are always willing to help each other. I would recommend MiraCosta College for anyone who wants to further their academic, while being in a comfortable environment.

Rebecca

I really appreciate how much effort Miracosta puts towards their students. The counselors are very empathetic towards your needs and there are many programs offered to help students with transferring and careers. I also appreciate the attitude that many of the students hold in comparison to other community colleges. While some colleges are full of people who aren't taking college that seriously, Miracosta is filled with students who are future oriented and doing everything they can to succeed in life.

isabel

What I like about the campus is that it is very calm and the staff are really nice to the students.

Chloe

My overall opinion of this school is that it is a great community college that offers a diverse and abundant range of fields and opportunities. There are so many options that are open to students with so many different goals that there is very little they don't offer.

Jerel

MiraCosta College student support team has exceeded my expectation. The counselors are always available for meetings to discuss your progress to ensuring courses are open for the students to enroll to meet their goal to transfer or graduate on time. It was an enjoyable and rewarding experience here. I would recommend this college for anyone beginning their college journey as they will have you prepared to excel at the next level.

scarlett

Miracosta college I see great place to study, it offeres a wide variety of opportunities to learn. With the help of students and faculty which are always and will alwaus willing to give you time and explain things through. I love this colllege and hope other get the same amazingly experience that I have had

Breana

Mira Costa is a great school for young students trying to begin their college experience. There is an equal balance of adult students and recent high school graduates.Mira Costa is like any other junior college and has the struggle with trying to receive the classes you want, but they are very good at accommodating all their students. If you want to major in Nursing, their program is very competitive to get into but you won't regret doing the hard work to get in. The professors are great and you will be very impressed with the amenities. Mira Costa's Nursing Program has the highest rate of nursing graduates in San Diego and also highest NCLEX passing rate.

shawnee

Mira Costa is a smaller campus. It is very nice because the classes are also smaller and more intimate. The professors are always available inside and outside the class to help when necessary. Parking however is not the greatest especially during the first month of the new semester. So get there early!

Emilee

MiraCosta is a great college! Some of the teachers aren't great, along with some counselors... watch out for them! Definitely get onto RateMyProfessor.com before choosing a Professor if you have a certain learning style. If you meet with a counselor and they tell you things to discourage you out of your educational goal, drop them as a leader immediately. Overall, the campus is GREAT, they have an amazing cafeteria, clean facilities, and plenty of space for you to do homework outside or go into the Library and be tutored.

Ryan

Overall,

Anne

I love MiraCosta College! The campus is beautiful and well maintained. If you need help with anything, there's tons of help to be found. MCC has free tutoring and drop-in meetings with academic counselors. Professors keep regular office hours and are generally quick to reply to emails.

Brianna

The professors are great and actually show that they really care about their students. Class sizes are relatively small so you can still get the one on one instruction feeling with your instructor. They're super willing to help you out if you have any questions and just really want to see their students succeed. Overall great campus!

Summer

This is a terrific school with excellent advisors. The professors are extremely knowledgable and very approachable. The campus has a great atmosphere, and the students and staff are very friendly. I am very satisfied with my educational experience here.

There are a lot of diversity here. Many people from other countries, help is always available whether it's with other students or with tutors. Professors encourage the students to take part of the schools activities and it's encouraged to participate during college hour, where there is offered money to students or free food as long as you have a Student ID. There could be an expansion of clubs though or possible housing nearby.

Jade

Overall, I genuinely enjoy attending this school, but I do wish some things could be changed. I appreciate that the counselors are easily accessible, but I have gone to two different counselors who told me different classes to take for my major. I understand that there are many majors as well as many students, but I wish they give us a counselor who has knowledge in our major instead of one that is available at the moment. It would be more beneficial for the student as well as the counselor so they get to understand the student and gear them towards the right path.

Alyssa

I loved MiraCosta for many reasons, but the main one is because it helped me get of the gap of not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. There is so much determination and need for high school students to go directly to a four year University and I wasn't ready out of High school. Because I went to MiraCosta I am ready now. The school was such a great choice financially and educationally. The classrooms are small so they are great for one on one connection with your professors. They campus is all outside and so safe. Overall MiraCosta was a great choice for me because it let me take two years to really figure out what i want to do and not waste a ton of money trying to figure it out.

Edwin

Miracosta isn't too dazzling, but community college is. I have only visited the campus and to tell the truth would be it being one of the smallest colleges out there. This is just me, but I don't know if they have remodeled Miracosta. As for the food goes, I would say it is very similar to other community colleges smack in the normal side

Baylee

As I am mentally preparing myself to transfer from MiraCosta to UCSD in the fall, I am reminiscing on all of my memorable moments are MiraCosta. While going in as a fresh high school graduate I was timid and nervous about my new college, I soon got into the swing of things due to the friendly people, comforting staff, and welcoming atmosphere. The campus at San Elijo is stunning covered in trees, adobes, and green rolling grass hills. While this school has a very small feel, students get involved in many clubs and extra curricular activities. Students are often seen hanging out together in the common areas, which is not normal for a community college. If you are lucky enough to go here, please do as it is a great experience and prepares you for the rest of your life.

Adriana

MiraCosta is an excellent place to learn. Although it is a community college and is very small, it is easier to connect with teachers and classmates to find the help necessary to achieve academic success. They have all types of programs and are always looking for ways to get students to participate in events contributing to the better of the community.

Lindsay

MiraCosta is a great place to start your academic career! If you have just graduated high school or haven't been to school in over 10 years, you will be successful here. This school gave me some powerful knowledge and has fantastic instructors who want you to do well and reach your goals. The campus is beautiful but the parking isn't great. There is an assault on campus at least twice a year so I wish there were more campus police. The library is my favorite place to go and is a great study environment, especially upstairs. I have met some good friends and learned a lot about myself. I highly recommend this school to anyone wanting to transfer to a 4 year or obtain a child development certificate. I do not recommend MiraCosta to anyone wanting a trade program, as I would argue the courses are few and lacking. Overall MCC is a great school!

Liliana

I feel that MiraCosta is very mellow; I really like the atmosphere of MiraCosta and the friendliness of faculty. It is very diverse and they are very accepting of others. I love the various extracurricular activities and groups that MiraCosta endorses. MeCHA is great and the LGBTQ+ clubs and groups are very friendly and welcoming.

I love MiraCosta college. It has a great atmosphere and people are very kind including professors and students. All are very relaxed. I feel I have learned a lot at this college and would love to continue learning here. Campus culture and activities are great as well.

Jhordon

Overall review, the school isn't so bad. The campus is a beautiful campus, Awesome professors and the dean is always keeping us up to date on what is going on and always insuring us on our safety. It is a great college and I am glad I started there to work on my degree

Gabriella

I have attended Mira Costa now for 3 years and it is a great school! The class sizes are smaller which makes it more one on one with the professors which is a huge plus! There are a lot of extracurricular groups to join and there are multiple events that happen each semester! Overall I think Mira Costa a great community college that has professors that’s sincerely care about you education and a lot of extracurricular activities to par take in!

Jerel

My overall opinion of the Miracosta community college is a pleasant experience. The facilities allow you to be more independent and learn more about yourself. They have workshop to help students become more successful as students and prepare them to transfer to a four-year institute. The interaction between student and faculty is excellent because the first day of class when you read the syllabus, they give you their office hours. The professors want you to come during their office hours so they can help you do better in class. In my communication class, I had a fear of talking in front of people. I told the professor about my anxiety, and he helped me find ways to lower my stress and techniques that would calm me down before I speak. The school also wants you to be interactive and create a social environment, so they send emails of events that are going to occur that week. Giving students a chance to enjoy themselves and make connections. Miracosta has different clubs for everyone to join, and with permission from the council, you can create the club of your choice. The best part of the college is that it's a small campus and everything is close. It's easy to figure out where your classes are and if you have more than one class, you can easily make it to your next class. If I could rate my experience at Miracosta, I would give it a four and a half out of five. I would recommend people to go to this college it would be a great experience.

Maggie

I've grown a lot as a person while I've attended MCC. There's a big variety of people, diversity, and the teachers and staff are constantly evolving with the acceptance culture, safe space, and Umoja, Our compus is very inclusive, We always have access to our professors and even the financial aid attendants are super helpful.

Zoe

I have enjoyed it here! Compared to a four-year university I went to for one year I prefer this much more! I have met some amazing people and all of my professors have been super helpful and understanding! All of the classes I have taken so far have less than 35 students. This has been great because you receive more help and attention from your professors. It is also nice because professors will often do group activities so then you can make friends in your classes. I feel that from the professors I've had so far, their grading techniques and curriculum has been fair and that if you work hard you will receive the grade you want. I recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an enjoyable community college!

Andrew

MiraCosta College has been a great experience for me. I was originally frightened by the idea of moving on from high school to college. I didn't know how the campus culture would be like and how I would do with a higher level of classes. Currently, I'm in my fourth and final semester at MiraCosta, and am transferring to CSUSM in the fall. I wouldn't be at the point I am at today without MiraCosta. The teachers on this campus are very receptive and approachable which immensely helps. Class sizes tend to be smaller which really helps the learning experience. Students on campus are always helpful and kind. My favorite resource that MiraCosta has is their Counseling Center. I've had many appointments with them and they have greatly helped me in making my education plan and helping me succeed with transferring within four semesters. I have had a wonderful two years on this campus and would recommend MiraCosta College to anyone in a heartbeat.