Misericordia University Top Questions

Sharon

I wish I had known about the extra expenses beyond books and fees. I had to spend a lot of money to buy supplies to complete projects.

Andrew

Don't be afraid to look into private colleges. Many are easier to adjust to socially and offer much needed assistance with course work, studay habits and writing. I thought all colleges would be the same academically and was afraid to spend extra tuition on a private school just because they have smaller class sizes but truly have found Misericordia to be true to their word, they do care about me as an individual and make the effort to make sure I am getting the education I am paying for.

Heather

I wish I had know that being an athlete would take over so much of my life. Coach owned me and limited what I could do. It wasn't just not being able to drink during season, I was fine with that, but she went so far as to tell us that we couldn't do other physical things, like go skiing or hiking. And heaven forbid if you were strong academically, she'd tell your teammates not to be like you because it would damage you socially, like being an athlete here wouldn't, ha.

I wish that I would have known about life on the weekends and how many people go home on weekends.

Kristina

I wish I had known that college was not something to be scared of, but that it is a time of growth and self-discovery.

I wish I would have known more about the area.

Chelsea

That everyone says hello to everyone even if they do not know you personally.

Jonathan

I am happy with my choice

Heather

Bring a lot of quarters for laundry in you're going to live on campus. Also if you're living on campus get a smaller meal plan because the food is not the greatest.

Alysa

that my class would be so competeitive

Kristin

That there were so many state clearances required for students not even from the state. Just the personal obstacles I've come across have made it hard.