Misericordia University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Misericordia University

Veronica

Misericordia University is a small. private, liberal arts school in a safe PA community. All students on campus are friendly and always available to help. I do not prefer the dining hall on campus, but there are more options for food such as Chick-fil-a, Chopping Block, and Starbucks. I really enjoy the close-knit atmosphere of Misericordia University. GO cougs!!

Marissa

The campus is small (which I enjoy) and safe, the people are always nice, but parking is limited and the amount of debt I'm in is ridiculous.

Kristina

Overall, the academics are great at Misericordia. However, there is little social life as most people go home on weekends and there are only a few small parties to go to. It is a great choice for someone looking to go into the health sciences. This is a school that is chosen for academics, not for sports or the social atmosphere.

Devin

It's a great school, it is small and I pretty much know everyone. Also everyone is nice and wants to help including administration. The classroom sizes are fair and the professors know you by name. Parking can use a little help but other than that the school is overall great and I love it!

Kristen

The overall atmosphere created by faculty and staff is contagious. They are constantly embodying the 4 charisms of Mercy which are emphasized during your career here. On campus, you will never have to lift a finger to open a door for yourself if another Misericordia student or professor is in front of you. The small class sizes, professors availability, and resources offered by the student success center provide opportunities for success and educational growth.

Misericordia University is a small college in northeast Pennsylvania. The campus community is overwhelming friendly and always welcoming. You will rarely find a professor who isn't willing to push you and help you to your full potential. Though it is a bit on the pricey side, the education that you will receive here is definitely worth it.

Ramona

I am enrolled in the Misericordia University Expressway program. All my classes over the last year have been online. I chose this program based on the application of what I have learned rather than testing. Over the years this has changed and more classes are based on testing. This is very difficult for me but I struggle through it. Not being on campus most the questions on this survey are geared toward campus activities. Needs to be a bit broader.

I absolutely love Misericordia University! Everyone is so welcoming to anyone who is either lost or new to campus. The faculty and staff are always willing to help when you are in need of help. There is always an event going on, whether it’s a game or fun activities for all to get involved in.

Danielle

I am an alumna of Misericordia and have chosen to return as a graduate student due to my positive academic experience there. The best part about the academic culture is the small class size. In my undergraduate major there were classes with a ratio of 7:1 student to teacher. We were able to express our thoughts and opinions in a welcoming environment with such a small group. The professors were available to go over coursework before it was due to ensure we understood the material. The campus is small in size being only 100 acres and all the buildings were easily accessible. The facilities were clean and I always felt safe. Misericordia is a learning environment where you are a face and a name, not just a number in a sea of students.

Keana

There is no other university that I would rather be attending. The academics here are outstanding, and the amount of work that the university offers as whole to see each individual succeed is like I have never seen elsewhere. The sports scene here is huge, as well as there are an extreme amount of other groups to get involved in, perfect for filling up resumes! The university promotes getting help in absolutely anything you need, and overall the experience has been overwhelmingly great for me!

Veronika

This university is a tight knite family that makes sure everyone feels included. Whether that’s at a Saturday night football game or the small class sizes. It strives to take care of their students at every angle. However, there should be progress made on networking and extending their selection of majors.

Jake

This school is a scam. Lower than average academics, and the Chistian values they preach to incoming freshman are false. Yes, they’ll hold a door for you, but that’s it. They recruit very good student athletes out of HS with high SAT scores and GPA, make written GUARANTEES of roster spots, then cut you. It leaves you with a choice - stick it out and lose the best 4 years of experience of your life, but keep your scholarship, or transfer and lose your scholarship. There is absolutely NOTHING to do outside of sports at this College. RUN, don’t walk, away from these scamsters. Even when I transferred, the attitudes I got from the administration was hard to fathom. RUN.

Logan

I feel Misericordia University delivers on the number one thing a school should do for students: education. The Health-Science programs are truly amazing and highly accredited, and they also have a great business and arts program as well. I feel I am getting everything out of my money from Misericordia University. They have a Guaranteed Placement Program that states if any student, who fully participates in the program for all four years of their college experience, does not receive a job offer or is not accepted into graduate/professional school within six months of graduation, the University provides that student a paid internship in their chosen field. I think the housing and food is average, the student life is exceptional as it is a small campus, and it is a great place to further your education!

Overall I am really happy attending Misericordia. I transferred to Mis after my freshman year of college and the past two years have been filled with so much more opportunities and experiences that I could have missed out on if I did not change schools. It is a very pretty campus, I feel safe, and the people there are generally very nice. The staff is overall great, willing to do whatever it takes for you to succeed (if you put in your side of effort), and they are usually very easy to get in contact with. Very happy with my time here and excited to see what the last year and half there will bring me.

Madison

Misericordia university does not have a strong relationship with its commuters. they hand out so many parking placards and they dont have that many available parking spaces. the recent addition of parking next to mercy hall has helped but it is still an issue. the teachers here are sub par in my four semesters here i have only had one or two teachers i would consider "quality" educactors. for the amount in tuition i pay in comparison to other local colleges i should be receiving a good education.

Jenna

Misericordia University excels in providing a tremendous education both in the classroom and outside of it. The campus itself is stunning and is homey due to the secluded and tight knit environment. The faculty and staff at Misericordia help to guide students to whatever leads them to the most happiness. I have attended Misericordia for 4 years and am working toward my Doctorate in Physical Therapy. The PT program is nothing short of challenging, however, graduates many on their skill and determination for success. I was an RA for two years of my college experience as well as involved in various clubs including business professional association, health care management association, and H.O.P.E (Healthy Options Peer Educators). Through being involved at Misericordia, I have learned so much information, made a multitude of friends, and had fun. Misericordia offers a huge variety of ways to get involved from campus ministry, athletics, theater, and various clubs; there is most definitely something that peaks everyone’s interest. The Guaranteed Placement Program (GPP) that Misericordia offers helps students feel the comfort that after loaning so much money, there will be a guaranteed job or internship after 6 months of graduation. I am proud to be a student at Misericordia University. I am proud to call Misericordia my home.

Kristen

From the first time on campus, on my individual tour, I was welcomed with open arms by the students, faculty, and staff at Misericordia. Everyone made me feel welcomed on to the campus and like a part of the family, even during my first visit. The teachers all create an environment that encourages all students to share their ideas and ask any questions that they may have. The school also offers different activities throughout the semester to allow students to participate in something fun, and allowing them to make new friends at the same time. Overall, the biggest thing, besides my degrees, that I will take away from Misericordia when I graduate is the relationships that I have built here since freshmen year

Alexis

The academic aspect of the university was great. I felt I learned and was able to be involved with my learning experience. Although I did feel a bit left out in regards to the campus life due to being a commuter. Overall, it was a nice college to attend.

Camryn

Misericordia University is a very welcoming environment that is a home away from home. It has outstanding academic programs, especially in the medical field with great facilities to be prepared for careers in the real world. Faculty are almost always willing to help on any project, or in life event. They are very understanding.

Ashlynn

Misericordia University has a great atmosphere, and the people genuinely care about your life and education. All the staff are extremely friendly and approachable which is crucial to a proper education. Everyone there wants for you to succeed from the dining hall staff, to the housekeepers, to the professors, and even financial aid advisors. The warm environment starts up too, and trickles down all the way to the students. It has taught me, no matter the circumstances, your attitude and ethic create the environment you choose to be in.

Max

Misericordia is a very prestigious university for education in the Health Sciences field. The thing that I like best about Misericordia is the accelerated Physical Therapy program. Most colleges/universities require 8 years for your DPT, whereas Misericordia has an accelerated track to help you finish in 6.5 years!

Dennis

I believe that Misericordia University attempts to assist academically as much as possible. There is no limit to the availability of tutors for all types of studies. I found that the professors are extremely helpful and easy to reach. The only issue that I have obtained was the difficulty for scholarships as an adult learner.

Jean Marc

A warm and inviting atmosphere. Staff seem willing to help students. Students seem happy. Appears to be a well rounded environment. Arts, sports, chapel, music, theatre. Something for everyone. There is even a career development office for students to obtain internships or seek part time or upon graduation full time jobs.