Mission College Top Questions

Elyas

Study hard and pay attention in school. Take classes that are important to your major while balancing out general education classes to make the workload of your classes balance out. Also don't take useless courses and take courses you know are useful. Don't procrastinate, finish your work on time.

Maria G

Never give up.

Kirsten

I would have told myself about seeing a counselor right away and to not be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

Denise

The number one thing you should know to acheive what you really want out of your education is to try your best. Have school be one of your highest priorites in your life right now. Don't let anything or anyone get in the way of that. Right now what matters is your education and how you plan on getting to where you want to be. Sure, you have friends and other things you want to do during your life right now, and I'm not saying to completely cut it out of your life, but to just realize how you should prioritize it and to not put off what is really important. In order to have a great and successful life for yourself, education is the key. Without it, you'll be stuck in one spot, with one option. School opens so many doors for you and allows you to go wherever you desire. Just remember that your friends will always be there after school, but right now you need to focus on you.

Annie

If I was looking at my innocent and sweet face two years ago, I would first give myself a giftcard to starbucks for all the late nights and all nighters for studying and ping pong ball then tell myself to have more fun in college. The first year of college categorizes people: the first type of college student party all the time and let their grades drop; the second type of college student study all the time and end up on the fortune 500 list in the future; and the last type of college student has a good balance of the studying and partying. If I could have my first year of college back, I would definately loosen up more, have more fun, and be the third type of college student instead of the second type of college student.