Moorhead, MS
Mississippi Delta Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mississippi Delta Community College

Joycelyn

I think is a good school but it really needs more extracurricular activities. Nonetheless, the hidden fees need to end immediately. This school charges for several things that the student is supposed to get access but never does. I called the business office to clarify the charges but they said that I had to ask the teacher about the charges. My concerns regarding the charges were never addressed and in the end I am responsible for paying those charges.

Heather

I am as close to a "legacy" at MDCC as one can get at a community college. I spent my teenage years dreaming of going off to some university far away from the Mississippi Delta, but I ended up going to MDCC like so many others in my family have. Despite still dreaming of getting far away from this small area, I don't regret coming to MDCC; in fact, I'm so glad I did. I have grown and matured so much since coming to MDCC. I have developed from a timid girl who was too scared to say what was on her mind to someone who is willing to say it like it is, step up, and take charge of things. I was never involved in things in high school and had only three friends; at MDCC, I have become involved in almost everything and have made so many friends that I am grateful for. The academics are great at MDCC, and my teachers have all pushed me to do my best. I feel prepared for my future thanks to MDCC, and I am so grateful for attended there.

Ayanna

My overall opinion of MDCC is positive. The teachers are very helpful and won’t let you fall behind! What is more to ask for academically? This school has a friendly staff and environment all-around! I’m so glad I picked this community college over a university because Mississippi Delta Community College has truly prepared me to further my education to a 4-year university! I love MDCC

Gloria

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior , knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, what advice would you give yourself. My first advice would to stay in school. Do not let anything get in your way, especially a boyfriend. Do not let a boy sweet talk you in thinking that you owe him anything and end up getting pregnant. Do not let anyone tell you that you can't overcome life obstacle. You will make many mistakes along the way, get up and dust the dirt off and hit the ground running. Remember to listen to older adults that they know more about life than what you know. Do not let anyone tell you college life is hard. College is what you make out of it. I think that you put your mind to studing and if you want it bad enough, you can do it. Learn to go to bed early so that you can get plenty of sleep so that you can get up on time. Education is the key to the future, it is up to you what you will do with it.

I think there is no worst thing in my school. I think my school is the top of the line. The teachers there are always willing to help you when you don't understand how to do problems or assignments. The most of unusual thing about my school is that the instructors are ready to work with you one on one. I haven't been in a classroom setting over 20 years, the educators are inclined to stay after school to help me to learn . I am blessed to meet such great people to help me to succeed in life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I feel l like I am the only adult in my school. I feel like a mother or a grandmother to most of my fellow classmates. I know that I would feel more comfortable if there were more adults around their forties or fifties in college too. Some times I feel like all eyes are on me, but I don't mind, I am trying to make enough money so when my children are ready to attend school that I would be able to pay for them to go to school.

If I were able to talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to start applying for scholarships the first day of school! Because as I am now, rushing to do so, it has become very hard to find any available scholarships that will assist me. Also I would tell myself to start saving my money then! Because whether people realize it or not, the little you save can begin to go a long way! And of course to start working on better study habits! College is much different than high school, and if you're not focused you can surely turn to bad habits that will cause your grades to drop, so begin working on better study habits while still in high school, begin saving money while still in high school, and to apply for as many scholarships as possible as soon as school starts to make sure you're going to college with something!

The small classroom settings. Because with this the instructors are focused on you more and are not dealing with a huge classroom where they wouldnt have much time for you at all. At my school, I love how you can tell the instructors really care about your college education and therefore want to see you succeed.

Not being able to have enough money to complete registration for school and to have money for books. It would really be great if I the school would offer more scholarship opportunties for the students.

Mississippi Delta Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.