Perkinston, MS
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

Johnathan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to make the best grades possible while you have the chance. I would also tell myself to get ready to have a very enjoyable education experience, because college is great. College is much more interesting and laid back. There are also many interesting students and professors to meet. I would tell myself that the transition from high school to college is very smooth. I would assure myself not to worry or be nervous because college will be one of the greatest experieces of my life.

People that want a good education, but do not have the money to go straight to a university right out of high school. As well as people that have not been in school for a while that want to get back in.

I brag to my friends that my school is much easier than a university, but that I am getting the same education that they are.

Garrett

I would have to advise myself not to worry. The particular community college I am attending is close enough to home to not greatly change my lifestyle. As far as the work in the different classes is concerned, I would tell myself to continue studying as long as it takes to learn the material, because there are fewer tests to determine the final grades. 'Talk to people,' I would say to myself. It's important to build close relationships with those in the same classes. They'll probably be the ones on whom to depend when classwork and lectures don't seem to make sense. Finally, I would tell myself to have fun. Conservative fun, of course. College isn't a big scary place to be feared, but a place where you learn what you want and participate in school activities that you find enjoyable.

The best thing about the school is the quality of education one can get at the price it's offered. One pays much less than a university fee and gets an equal education. This will be very helpful when it comes time to transfer.

I wish I would've known about the private instrument lesson classes for non-majors that is offered, and it would've been helpful to know more about the work study program. That REALLY helps when it comes to gas money.

Raquel

Perkinston, even for being a college, is a pretty fun and interesting campus with helpful staff.

If I could go back in time, I would definitely tell myself that it's good to be relaxed but not too relaxed. Definitely make sure to be on track and don't slack off because the years in college seem to go faster than the years in high school and every day is one step closer to being out in the real world. Also, another big advice I'd have to press on is to be CAREFUL with spending money. Looking on the outside, spending money doesn't seem to be a bad thing but as a college student, that money goes quick.

Worst thing about my school is that there aren't any vents in the bathrooms so mold can form pretty easily on the ceilings

Brennan

MGCCC is a friendly and affordable school.

MGCCC is a friendly and affordable school.

Well personaly speaking I would tell myself to get tested for the ADD disorder and not attend college till I was on medication. The transition is not difficult when you can focus on what you are trying to study. I would also tell myself that I should stay home and take my basics before trying to go off to school.

Those that do not want to succeed or get an education.

While my school is small, there is rarely anything to do on campus and unless you have a vehicle to go somewhere there is nothing to do walking distance from the campus.

I would tell myself to take more classes relating to my major and also not let myself get frustrated at the little things that would cause me to get distracted from the overall outcome of school.

The thing I consider to be the worst about my school is the amount of money having to be spent on different areas such as the meal plan and the dorms. Last year, there was 2 meal plans to choose from (5-day and 7-day) which was convienent for everyone. This year, there is only the 7-day meal plan which is a waste of money for so many people. Also, all the female dorms (and maybe even the male dorms) are the same price and only the newer dorms have appliances provided.

Kelli

At first I didn't want to attend a community college. I thought it would make me look stupid as opposed to a 4 year university. I was wrong. I came here only to play a sport and I am glad I did! I made so many new friends and I feel like i am really apart of this school. I am only an hour away from my house, so iif I feel like I need to, I can drive home. School is so much cheaper here and with all the scholarships they offer, it is practically free! That is the best part! There are many clubs and activities, so there is always something going on. I love that I can participate especially when I don't feel like doing homework. The teachers here help you more than they would at a 4 year, but it's a good transition so you can experience the college classroom. It does take some dedication though, because they won't baby you and remind you everyday that something is due. I feel, though, that after I graduate, I will be ready for the big 4 year university and what it has to offer.

If you want to attend MGCCC Perk Campus, you should definately be willing to have a good time! There are always campus wide events such as intermural sports, holiday parites, and dorm hall activities! This is an athletic school with sports for everyone. There are also some great teachers that know what they are talking about and are willing to help individuals. Not all teachers are that way, but you learn what classes take.

There is so much school spirit, because most people attending are athletes or part of some sort of club. I love going to watch other sports as well as playing in my own. There is always some sports even going on! Never a dull moment here!