Mississippi State University Top Questions

Kathy

There is a great variety of people, everyone has a different major, different ethnic background, different passions, but everyone is like one big family. Students are extremely nice, loving, and caring for each other.

Every student at Mississippi State University is very nice, welcoming, and helpful. I had completed courses online, so I had never actually came in contact with anybody on campus, but everybody I had communicated with online, such as other students taking courses there, or online classmates had been very nice, helpful, and caring. The students are really like a team who works together to help each other out and get things completed correctly and on time.

Noel

There are many different types of people at this large university. Many races are here as well, and I love it so much. We all get to learn about each other and so far, the different people I've met here have been very kind.

ford

Supportive, receptive and empathetic individuals with whom you want to make your friends - and will remain loyal lifetime friends.

Billy

From what I have noticed about my classmates is that most of them seem to be the kids of alumn or have been raised in the south.

My classmates are focused, friendy, and hard-working when the time calls for it.

My classmates are very outgoing, fun-loving people.

maegan

There is a various array of students at my school--I think any kind of person would be able to make friends and feel accepted here. Different types of students do interact and come together for school-wide events and I think everyone would feel comfortable here. Most students wear t-shirts and shorts or pants to class, so there is no standard a student feels like he or she must live up to.

Priyanka

The students at Mississippi State University are very friendly and always open to diversity. There are a lot of international students at our school who have organizations of their cultural background, which makes the school that much more diverse. Most students wear casual MSU t-shirts, jackets, etc. to class. People are very laid back at MSU.

Tia

My classmates are diversed, intelligent, and friendly.

Hollie

Our students are just different. There are a variety of different types of people and I think pretty much anyone can find a place they feel comfortable.

Sorority girls wear big shirts with chacos. Fraternity boys wear short khaki shorts with a polo. Some girls wear tie dye and others wear just whatever the hell they want. I personally don't like talking about religion just because everyone has there own thoughts and some times you just have to agree to disagree. Focus on other things that make you have common interest with other people in order to find friends. This is a very diverse campus, so meeting people from other religions is common, but don't make finding a friend with the same religion a priority. Branch out and learn what others have to offer.

There are all sorts of people at Mississippi State. I have seen more at State than I have ever seen before in my life. It is a public university, so there are a lot of people there, all representing different backgrounds. That being said, most students at Mississippi State are from Mississippi, and while college kids tend to be liberal, MSU students are probably more conservative than most. The students generally exhibit school spirit and pride in MSU, especially their particular college or major.

Students very polite and respectable.

Brandy

It is a well diverse atmosphere. It boast the greatest of all cultures and thats one thing that cant be beat.

Ashton

My classmates are the diverse: the Indian with the southern accent, the frat boy hungover from last night, the girl in the front row who asks too many questions but everyone secretly envies because they know she has to be a genius, and the 60 year old grandmother who wants to finally get her degree.

Everyone is a two-personality student. When we're in the classroom, everyone is actually excited to learn. In high school, you had those clowns that never paid attention, but they aren't there in college, at least not in my classes. However, as soon as we're out of the doors, most students become their alter-partying ego. It's really funny to watch them change from serious student to party animal.

The students I know are very nice and helpful.

Martin

My classmates at my University are wonderful; everyone is always friendly and available to help or even to relax.

sarah

Awesome, we all work really well together.

My classmates bleed maroon and white and are in love with Mississippi State University.

My classmates are determined, friendly, helpful, focused, and fun.

They are for the most part the deffiniton of "a good ole boy".

They are focused and determined to get the best grade they can in the class.

Very helpful when needing notes.

It's impossible in one sentence, MSU students are extremely diverse people, anyone fits in.

Many are wanting to do well in school and get good jobs. Are farmer-types.

Most of my calssmates are academically driven.

Martin

My classmates are generally friendly, but not all are. If you're friendly and open with them, then they will be to you also.

Lee

A group of similar people who are really interested in their field.

Vincent

They are diverse and friendly.

Alvaro

my classmates are a little shy, but that doesn't mean they are unfriendly

Seth

Driven, bright students that know how to have a good time.

AdeDoyin

Since I am an engineering major most of my classes consist of white males. There are usually a few males and minorities.

In most of my courses my classmates all strive to excell in their studies as exceptional students.

Aloysius

Individuals who want to make a difference in society as well as follow the flow of things.

Rashada

My classmates are very diverse; there are blacks, whites, and hispanics.

For the most part they are studious.