Mississippi State University Top Questions

ford

Strong engineering and agriculture departments, highly supportive and approachable administration and a university that sincerely is invested in helping each and every student not only succeed, but excel.

Kristina

My school is best known for the Cowbell. Maroon, White, Fight, Fight, Fight and Hail State could not be well represented by our ringing symbol! It shows our school spirit and because of the cowbell, we have a unique history!

Heather

On a whimsical note, Mississippi State University is best known for the cowbell that rings proudly every Friday. Local legend recalls a time when Mississippi State's football team was losing a very important game and a cow ran onto the field. Once the cow was roped in, the team caught a second wind and went on to win the game. Since then, the phrase "more cowbell" has rung throughout the halls and courts. Despite many NCAA attempts to remove the cowbell, "a distraction to the other team," it lives on as a part of MSU's history and heritage.

Kamri

MSU is best known for it's long time academic achievements, great athletics and a big family environment as well as producing successful students. We are also known for having one of the top veterinary colleges, top architect programs and engineering programs.

Carnecia

As a TRUE BULLDAWG, our school is known for being one of the top fifteen schools to rank in college football. MSU has many different varieties of sports that WE as students, teachers, coaches, and professors take very seriously. We may be located in a small town but, a day in the life of MSU can be very exciting and adventurous - whether it's studying under a tree near the Drill Field,playing flag football on the intramural fields, or trying our different choices of food restaurants.

Megan

My school is best known for it's tight-knit community.

Dana

The tradition of ringing a cowbell at football games evolved years ago while Mississippi State's football team was competing for the Egg Bowl trophy against their arch rivals, Ole Miss. The score was tied when a cow escaped from State's campus livestock farm and walked onto the football field, interrupting the game. After the cow was removed from the field, State immediately began winning and defeated Ole Miss, naming State the Egg Bowl champions. Fans began bringing cowbells into the stadium as good luck charms and eventually the cowbell became a popular tradition throughout its campus.

Alicia

Mississippi State University is well known for many things. This university has one of the most competitive veterinarian programs in the area. Another credible program is the engineering department. The architecture program is also known to be a very respectable field here at MSU. Other than educational aspects Mississippi State has always been known for the school spirit and commitment of it's students.

Cameron

Mississippi State is best known for turning out highly qualified agricultural professionals.

Tyler

My school is best known for the cowbell and once you get into the school you learn that because there is hardly an event, that is school related, that there is not one there.

Azriana

My school is best known for the education and goals the students can accomplish.

Brittney

Its ice cream and cheese! Being an agricultural school we do a lot of research with livestock and have a store on campus that seels meat, cheese, milk, ice cream, and other food items that are produced right here on campus!

sarah

Our engineering program as well as agriculture. A lot of research in many different areas with many different professors from various countries.

Carolyn

Meteorology, Music, Aerospace, Engineering, Medical School, Veterinary Medicine, Library, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Fun, Cow Bells

Caitlin

Tailgating before football games.

Heather

We have a very good veterinarian program. Also if tou are interested in weather we also have a good program for that.

Toni

Engineering and Agricultural based majors

Rebekah

Being home educated.

Tikeshia

I would say that Mississippi State is known to be a good school and a good place to get you a good degree this is a school that you will have to really apply yourself to get your degree.

Christopher

Architecture program

Its Agriculture, Engeneering and Veterinarian Programs.

Rashada

MSU is best know for the football team, other than that it is really not known for much.

Andrew

Our mens' basketball and baseball teams do well every year and normally make it to the playoffs.

Philip

Engineering

Andrey

Education wise MSU is best known for Research and Enginering Education in the Nation and the state. We are also known for our student body, football and mascot and ofcorse the most important, THE COWBELL!!!