Mississippi State University Top Questions

The academics at Mississippi State have grown to be the best in the nation. Every year State is investing their time and effort into making sure every student is getting the most out of every class. They are growing the students to be everything that they are capable of being in the class room and out. Mississippi State is preparing us students for the bigger picture in the real world. They are teaching us skills that we will hold on to for the rest of our life.

The courses, or academics are challenging at Mississippi State University but as long as the person taking courses either on campus or online from there stays on top of the course work and gets things completed on time or in advance, then it is relatively easy to get through every course with a very good score or grade.

Noel

It is very tough but not impossible. They can be very challenging, just have to stay focused and not miss any classes.

Academics are rather focused. The instructors and professors are very helpful, and the material is manageable.

Class size here depends on your major. Classes can range from sizes of fifteen to 200 students. No matter how big the class is, though, professors are always willing to help. Classes can be demanding, but MSU is the best "bang for your buck" as far as education goes within the state.

maegan

My favorite class I have taken would be Apparel Design 2 because I'm learning how to make my own clothes, and my least favorite would be Drawing because it takes so long! My professors are all very nice, smart, available, flexible, and helpful and they know all of their students' names. Class participation is common. Students do have to study a good amount because the classes are challenging but the knowledge is retained after the semester is over. I think the academic requirements are fair and that the education is definitely geared toward being successful and getting a job after college.

Malcolm

The learning experience is phenomenal. It is almost hard to fail considering the fact that free tutoring is always offered! Did i mention FREE! Each department has tutoring committees that are willing to take learning to another level. Tutoring sessions are also available through other campus organizations. It has natural competitive atmosphere and provides many opportunities through the Career Center. The Career Center helps students edit resumes and prepare for interviews in which we compete for co-op positions with major corporations. Through the co-op experience, many students begin working with the company they co-op with!

Priyanka

At Mississippi State University, the faculty is fantastic. The faculty are always willing to help and give advice whenever need be. The faculty is also very friendly outside of class. Class participation is very common within the classes at MSU. I study on a day-to-day basis, because the faculty set high expectations for MSU students. Mississippi State University excels in academics always.

A lot of the class lectures are presented by PowerPoint because the classes are usually large, especially electives. The teachers and students are friendly. Once you start getting into your specific major classes the professors will learn your name. Also, having the same teachers for different classes is nice because you know what to expect. As a medical technology major I really enjoy science classes with labs because you grow organisms on agar plates, bacterial stains, and dilutions. All professor's have office hours and you are free to drop in if you have any questions or concerns. Outside of class there are free tutor's and some teacher's even have help sessions. the academics are good and some challenging but there are more than enough resources to help you along the way.

Hollie

I think the academics are great. I was in the Adkerson School of Accountancy and it is one of the best accounting schools I have heard of. I have really made some great connections and learned a great deal to prepare me for my future career.

Dreka

I think that some classes are huge at MSU. However, once you start getting involved in your major professors start to learn you by name. Class participation is graded heavily as well once you get into your major which is why the professors learn your name.

Depends on your major to be precise. Some classes are super easy and some are very challenging. When a teacher is up for having open discussions during class things can get really interesting. Open debate is an experience that I hope everyone has a chance to be a part of in college. You learn a lot. I am in a class called contemporary social problems and by golly you never know what is going to happen when you take a seat. I'm an Architecture student that is very passionate about my future endeavors so I work really hard. We spend a lot of time in studio and have to be fully dedicated. The hard work pays off, well so far it has but there's no telling what the future has in store.

Academics are good at Mississippi State. Classes are important, and professors encourage students to do their best. Most of my professors know my name, and they are generally very responsive to any questions you might ask them. You can focus on preparing for a specific job, or you can learn for learning's sake.