Mississippi State University Top Questions

Noel

The most popular student activities would have to be sports of coarse. To me the most important to everyone seems to be football, baseball, and somewhat basketball. Other popular groups would have to be the sororities and fraternities so far.

The most popular student groups seem to be the fraternities/sororities. Other than that I'm not sure what groups are around.

Sororities and fraternities are very popular as well as intramural teams and religious and community service organizations. There's an opportunity for everyone to get involved.

maegan

The most popular activities are the committees for State's student government which is called Student Association. It is not hard to get into. A lot of students are in sororities or fraternities. Students who made good grades get into different honor societies. There are a lot of fun traditions and events that happen each year such as Super Bulldog weekend, Bulldog Bash, and Holiday in the Junction. There are alot of different concerts throughout the year and there is always something going on on the weekends. People do go out and party alot. Football games are one of the highlights of the year for most students.

Malcolm

Sports- At the time our basketball team is doing well. They are on the hot seat and getting much attention around the campus. Greek - Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. is a well know organization on the campus of MSU The fraternity has members pursuing eng., bis, and law degrees in which we work with many of the students throughout the campus. Entertainment- Throughout the past year the campus has seen a spike in students with musical talents in genres such as hip hop and r&b.

Hollie

Probably the most popular groups are the Greek organizations. There are definitely a lot of people in the Greek system, but that does not mean you have to be Greek to fit in here. I never was Greek and don't plan on being Greek and wouldn't have changed anything about my college experience. And of course athletics! Football is a must! and the basketball and baseball games are always a blast.

There are so many that are offered that there is not a popular vote to be given to just one. I'm involved in NSCS, NOMAS, AIAS, Club Volleyball Team and have participated in intramural sports which I guess is quite popular and very fun. State Theater is a club that is ALWAYS fun to go to with friends. Don't have to drink just dance. I love going to the movie theater as well.

Intramural sports are very popular, especially things like flag football. Some people take this more seriously than inter-collegiate football. Athletic events are quite popular. The student association, the student government of MSU, is popular as well. Greek life is a fairly big deal, as at any state university, but it is not everything. I have enjoyed some of the campus ministries, especially the Reformed University Fellowship, or RUF. It has been very beneficial for me while I've been in the sometimes-trying college environment .