Mississippi State University Top Questions

Riley

Nothing at this time because my first day of class is August 17, 2015.

Bessie

n/a

Kristina

To me, the worst thing about my school is the Greek Life. While sororities and fraternities are fun for some, I think that sometimes others feel that they are less than the people in Greek participation.

I think the worst part for me is the Greek life. Some people love it! I personally do not like the way greek affilliated people act.

Thomas

The worst thing about Mississippi State University is the lack of scholarship for non-community college transfer students. I played baseball at Birmingham-Southern College my freshman year and the athletic workload interfered with my dream to attend Medical School. I am currently paying full tuition at Mississippi State University and it is difficult for my family to cover all the expenses. There are many community college transfer scholarships but not nearly as many liberal arts college transfer scholarship opportunities. I received a good academic scholarship at BSC and I lost my scholarship offer at MSU by declining it initially.

Matthew

The hours for the cafeteria and student union. Those two places that serve the best food always closes too early for me. Most students don't want to have to settle for Burger King every night.

I really can't think of anything bad about MSU. Some of our dorms are kind of dated and sketchy, and most days Perry Cafeteria isn't really that good. But I wouldn't say either of those are really a major negative about MSU.

Dominique

The traffic. Some people do not pay attention to cross-walks.

Wilburn

Drinking and partying and all the bars

Its in Mississippi. I did not want to attend a school that was located in Mississippi.

Sasha

The worst thing I would have to say is the fact that there are no black fraternity or sorority houses on the campus. I also hate that there is always some kind of construction going on and it can sometimes be a problem. I hate the fact that no matter how many parking lots they build there wil never be enough parking for students.

The worst part about attending Mississippi State is the location. Starkville is an extremely small town. There is hardly ever anything to do besides go to parties and hang out at the dorm. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a bowling alley and a few clubs that students frequently go to hang out. It is nice when the university sponsors something. However, this only happens once or twice a month.

Andrew

I consider parking the worst thing about my school As it grows, parking becomes a bigger problem, but the bright side about it is that they are working to fix that problem.

Martin

The worst thing about my University is the food. The university offers many diferent options for food that one can use his or her personal money to eat. Most of these places are fair in price and amount of food. However, at the University cafeteria, where students can use his or her meal plan, that he or she is required to purchase, the buffet style food is below average. They do tend to offer a different variety usually, but no matter what type of food it is, it is typically below normal expectations.

Lakendric

The worst thing about this university by far is finding places to park. It has been bad for years. The reason is because the enrollment has been steadily increasing over the past few years.

Chance

The worst thing about my school would be nothing. I love my school the way it is. If something is damaged such as a building, it is fixed right away. This school is safe to the max, and i don't have any regrets.

Laura

The Chemistry and Biology departments here could definitely use some work. A lot of the teachers in those departments have unclear and poor English or they don't care about the students. This discourages students from these programs, and therefore discourages students wanting to go into those fields from coming to Mississippi State.

Kari

The worse thing about Mississippi State is the parking. Every student would probably say the same thing. There is only limited parking for different commuters. The school keeps building dorms and other things and takes us our parking lots.

Caitlin

The little town that the college is located in does not have a great deal for the students to do.

Palara

The worst thing about our school really isn't directly related to the school itself, but MSU is located in a place with very limited shopping. Yet, we are placed about three hours from Memphis, TN and Alabama and we are only an hour away from Tupelo. We are not a dead campus on weekends but some weekends you do have to create your own fun, but that's never a problem.

Andrew

Dealing with the housing department is by far the most annoying thing at Mississippi State. The people behind the desk in the Department of Housing rarely know what's going on, and if they do, they're reluctant to say anything unless you're assertive. Students who apply for housing normally get it, it's just astoundingly frustrating trying to get the Department to cooperate.

Brian

How far apart the classrooms are.

Benjamin

Honestly, MSU is a welcoming, upbeat atmosphere that reaches out for the students, pulling them into a world of academic and social learning for the students. Like all universities, MSU has its flaws, but with a responsive adminstration, faculty, and staff, the school moves forward, improving with every stumble.

Amber

The worst thing would probably be the drive for me. Its the furthest school that I was considering but I think its definitely worth the drive.

Shaleasha

It is a huge campus and you have to walk a lot.

Katrina

One of the many problems I have experianced on campus is all the consturction projects that go on every semester. Although the educational experiance was good, parking and other conveniences were not so good. The school seems to think that they need to constantly improve the structures and sometimes to a point where it does not consider the ideas of students. At one point the president didn't like the flowers that were spread out all over campus so he ordered them removed, dispite the opinion of the students who protested it.

Rebekah

I was homeschooled so the worst thing was not having social interaction with peers on a daily basis.

Alkennia

I believe the worst thing about Mississippi State University is the parking situation that has been going on since I have been attending the university. The parking on-campus is a big issue for students who live on-campus and students that live off-campus. For students off-campus, if they wanted to just drive their car to the health center for example, they will have a hard time finding a park and maintaining one for a long time; the person would end up getting a ticket. Parking on-campus has improved but the university has a ways to go.

Lee

The advising in my previous major.

Carlye

Parking Services if you don't have a decal or parked in the right zone they will get you inless than an hour.

Ella

They screw over all upper classmen with on campus housing. Freshmen get priority.

Rebecca

The worst thing would be the food in the Perry Cafeteria. The union and other on-campus food is great, but the cafeteria is terrible.

Brian

Student housing is a group that seems to screw everything up.

Aloysius

I consider having a lot racial tensions with certain organizations because there is always a stereotype in any organization.

Corie

Parking

Andrea

I cannot find anything wrong with this university.