Mississippi Valley State University Top Questions

The lack of businesses in the immediate area.

Valerie

I did a lot of researh about this school. I wish I would have learned all the areas of the buildings before I transfered becaused its a really big school and it can get confusing finding your classes.

Marcella

I wish that I knew that Fin. Aid gives you the run around all the time. Seems like all year around.

Lashell

Before coming to school, I wish I had known the following: have the mindset of never stopping, be prompt for classes, and maintain at least a C grade point average (GPA). Why? Firstly, if you stop college prematurely, it will be harder to regain the mindset to return and fully complete your program. Secondly, being prompt for classes is necessary and an indicator of your commitment and maturity. Thirdly, by maintaining at least a C GPA you will be allowed to continue in school. In conclusion, before coming to this school, I wish I had known what is discussed previously.

Valerie

I did my research about the school a year before I graduated from my old school so I know I made the right choice. I wish I would have taken more world lit and history classes .

Kenric

I wish I had of known about the department I am in before going to another college before here because I would have had my degree before now. I wish I had of known the faculty was so great, understanding, and reliable. This is a great if not the best math and science department I have ever been in and would like to continue my education with.

morris

I wish I would have known about the location of this school, being from Ohio I could not afford to just come for a visit.

I wish I had know that having a car is an advantage. My university is in a very rural area and unless you have a car you must definitely ask for a ride to get the the grocery store, walmart, or out of town. There is no public transportation and this can at times be an inconvenience but because of the friendly people on campus, it is quite simple to find a ride.

Passion

One of the things that I wish i would have known from this uiversity is how the credit hours of each course would benefit me in the long run because I my advisor only gave me a total of 14 hrs. That really hurted me in the long-run . That is one of the many things I wish I would had known

Marcus

I wish that i had knew the surroundings better because the school sits in the middle of no where.