Mississippi Valley State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mississippi Valley State University

Keyeria

Mississippi Valley State University is usually the “lit” topic around town. Whether it be good or bad. I know a lot of people who attend this school. When I attend this college, I will try my best to stay focused because people don’t get I know that attends this school come or make me feel comfortable or they can take my focus away.

Ma-Kayl

Many schools (several of the Ivy Leagues, and many liberal arts colleges) have a supplemental essay that asks you to talk about you want to go to their school. They ask this question for a lot of reasons, but there are 2 big reasons, one cynical, one more warm and fuzzy. The cynical reason is, bluntly, they want to accept students who will accept their offers of admissions. The higher the percent of students accepted that go there, the less they have to accept from the wait list, the lower their acceptance rate, and the better they look. The other reason is less self-serving, and it’s more about the students. Schools are not just looking to accept the best, the brightest, and most interesting, but also to find the students who are the best matches. They want students who will thrive on campus, not transfer out (which will hurt their rankings!), and who will contribute to campus life.

Tyonna

I am a current student at Mississippi Valley State University. I'm glad that i chose this school for my secondary education. I chose this school from previous visits, the staff is very welcoming and the students make you feel at home. I' m a freshman all the way from Indianapolis, Indiana and the people here on campus and the surrounding areas will make you feel at home. Academically and socially , this is the campus to be at.

Najee

The people are amazing. Down to earth is an understatement. The teachers and environment in the business building is wonderful. It is rigorous but worth it. The sports are sub par at best (only team really winning is the track or soccer). The cafeteria has some really good days and meh days on weekends sometimes. Other than that, the school's small size makes for a very comfortable and family like atmosphere.

KaNyetria

From my experience of being on campus, I collaborated with current enrolled students and facility members that provided exceedingly intellect on the development of how my schooling would be in prior commendations of becoming a fellow student. The atmosphere brings a further appeal to the mentioning of the school's name, and not to mention the hard work and perseverance seen through and by other students. Mississippi Valley State showed themselves worthy of being a high ranked university.

eric

I have learn how to adapt and over come anything. The professor are great. I have meet friends for life.. It was the best choice I made. If I had to do it again ,I would. I am ready to continue to the highest gradute school in the land.. It has been a wonderful experience.

Jennard

MVSU is a great place to learn away from the citiy. With small classes and devoted faculty, I've seen myself grow in my 3 months being here. I can honestly say that I have love for the valley and how the college not only helps the family environment but you feel apart of the campus life.

Jennard

Rakia

My overall opinion of Mississippi Valley State University is actually quite opposite of what I thought of it at first. Many people talk down on MVSU, but in reality this university is like any other. You overhear a lot of people saying this school is "ghetto" or only "dumb" people go there. MVSU isn't as bad as most people say. We participate in festivities together. When you are an athlete like I am, you have a TEAM, who becomes like a family. There's the really sweet and helpful professors. They respect you, they help you when you are stuck, and all they ask of the students is to do the work and do it right. Grades are not given, they are earned. Overall as a university I came to love Valley. I've made a couple friends. I'm close to most of my teammates and I love them. Valley is great! You have to make the best out of what you have and that is exactly what I do! To me Valley is like the home away from home. Most of us feel at home when we're on this campus. They have decent food, overall the campus is nice. It is not perfect, needs a little work but you work with what you have. I can say that I am proud to be a MVSU student!

Bridget

My overall opinion of Mississippi Valley State University is great I really enjoy being a student at MVSU. I love my classes and enjoy the environment on campus. I have lots of fun with classmate, and on-campus. My class are very exciting and I enjoy them.

Leroy

Mississippi Valley State University is a true and true historical black college or university, that offers all the necessities plus more. At valley you can relax with friends in the union, under the pavilion or at the cafe. Plus there are a full staff of bright and willing to help professors.

Willie

I don’t have any opinions about Mississippi so far because overall being here on campus is great nothing bad happens at all everyone here is completely safe at all times. Professors are always for if I need any help with anything and also make sure that I’m always up to par.