Saint Louis, MO
Missouri Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri Baptist University

James

I would tell myself to explore more options and apply for more scholarships. Also, I would have told my self to attended Community College in the summer and knock out my general education classes, in order to graduate earlier and lessen the amount of student loans that I took out. On a similar note I would tell myself to save money and pay for school outright.

I brag most about the community in the residence life department.

The most frustrating thing about Missouri Baptist University is the lack of integrity towards students who are not college by offering scholarships that look bigger than what they really are.

Claire

I honestly dont know what Missouri Baptist University is known for. I live off campus so it's really hard for me to get involved but I think Mobap is known for their scholarships because i have heard that one hundread percent of the students get some kind of scholarship. We have a lot of athletes at Mobap and the volleyball team is really good.

Dear self please apply to more colleges. I hope you will look for more options because you are not going to be happy with the option you have chosen. I hope you understand that even though Mobap has Human Services as their major, it is not what you are looking for. Please don’t settle for anything less than what you are passionate about. I hope you gain more courage in yourself. Don’t be afraid to make decisions and mistakes. College is the time to learn more about who you are and what you want to be in life. Trust me I think it would be better for you to learn earlier than two years later. I really hope you will think about yourself more and be confident in the decisions you make for yourself. I know you care about your family and their struggles with money, but please don’t let that stop you from pursuing what you love. I hope you will step out of your comfort zone and try new things. Something I learned from firsthand experience is if you want to help others, you have to know how to help yourself first.

What I wished I had known about Mobap before going there is how hard it was and still is to find a good community when I am communiting. I also wish I knew more about the diversity at this school. I don't feel like there is enough diversity at this school that applies to my ethnicity.

Shasta

I feel that my school is well know for its athletic programs. Along with this the religious affiliation used in all the class...

I feel that my school is well know for its athletic programs. Along with this the religious affiliation used in all the classes.

if i could go back in time to talk to my high school senior self i would definately warn myself of the major change coming my way. i had the assumption that it was going to be the same as high school, but it is obvious that it is no where close. that is the main thing that i would definately stress to my old self. High school is not as important as college is because this determines if you can go on to a career.

i think the intergration of the christian faith in the classsroom is awesome. i want to be able to have a career and know how to integrate this into it. i feel that they make this possible.

Shaleeah

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definetly have applied for more scholarships and would have focused more on having higher standards for my grades in high school. I never took my grades seriously, I just scored high enough to pass a class. I wish I would have studied a lot harder for sure.

Todd

If I could go back and talk to my self as a high school senior, I would have great advice. First I would tell me that school is very important, no slacking and thinking I don't need to be there. Second thing would be apply my self more, joining clubs and going to school events. Final thing I would tell my self is if you work hard now it pays off in the end. I

Chase

I would advise myself to work more in the summer to have some spending money when I got to campus. I would also tell myself to start pressing good study habits, because I can't just go in to a class with basic knowledge and pass big tests.

The friendships made through athletics. I came to MBU not knowing anyone on campus and soon became an accepted member of the lacrosse team I was recruited to play for.

Classes are sometimes too easy in comparison to other colleges/ universities. Many students therefore do not attend class because they are bored and because students do not attend class they fail.

Sophron

If I was to go back in time and speak to myself as to what I know now from the experience I have had in college, the advice I would give myself would definitely make a dramatic difference to how I'm experiencing it now. As a high school senior I would tell myself to manage your time and self wisely. I always say “business before pleasure” because pleasure will always be come around but business is an opportunity that doesn’t. You have to work for it to keeping up to it to managing it. Another thing to consider is managing your finances. You might want to consider the money that you have and make now should be put into a savings account. You want to be able to save as much money as you can once you attend college. Anybody from and whom graduated college will tell you that “college is not cheap” and you should understand that. Leading back to the business before pleasure quote; the money that you have should be used for what you need it for and not mostly for the time for pleasure when pleasure will always be around.

Dornisha

If i could go back in time and give myself it would be to practice good time mangament. I think being in college you reallly nedd to know how to manage your time wisely and not get behind in any of your classes. You need to know how to have fun but still take care of the important things first.

I think the best thing about my school is the faith-base background. I chooose that becuase I come from a christain background and I like that I can go to school and still stay in tune with God and be able to learn about him even when i cant make it to church. I also like how we got capel ever week so I get to get the word in during the week.

There is nothin negative I can say about my school.

Darvell

College so far has changed me into an overall better person. My personality is more outgoing and i have been through a lot of helpful experiences with teachers and students. I believe that college is something everyone should experience at least once in their life because i believe they will obtain a great deal of assistance and confidence in what ever field they chose to take part in. I myself have gained several career aiding skills from several instructors that i had no idea i would even be capable of. Before i attended school, i was an acceptable designer but i had no confidence. I felt as if i were a failure and that noone would bother hiring me. Now that i have attended community college for two years, i have an overall new look at myself. I have confidence in my work, and my teachers helped me in bringing out all new talents that layed dormant within me. I believe college is one of the best experiences in my life and i plan to take my studies much further.

Alyssa

Deciding to return to higher education and pursue a degree in the field of Web Design & Development has changed my life. I am more confident with myself, I have higher self-esteem and feel proud to be doing something productive with myself while earning a creditable education. I dropped out of high school when I was 17 years old thinking I was set and would work at the grocery store forever. Things ended up not working out there and I didn't know what I would do. After years of endless, meaningless jobs my sister came to me and said "We're getting you enrolled this semester." It started 2 weeks later and I couldn't be happier with my decision to pursue a better, richer life. I am very happy to have began attending college and can safely say that, "I love school." I love learning and it's the perfect place to do that.

Missouri Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.