Missouri Southern State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Missouri Southern State University

Josh

It seems to me to be a pretty average school, however I don't have much experience with other schools, so it's hard to say. I wasn't very invested in my own education when I was younger, so I didn't participate in much on campus, and I didn't have a great attendance record. Only later in life did I realize what a mistake that was.

At Missouri Southern State University, there is a ton of different opportunities for each student. All the teachers I have had in my three years have all been available for assistance and have wanted to see their students succeed. With a small class size, classes become easier to have a better one on one experience with the professors to get the best education possible.

Nyla

Missouri Southern State is a very nice school to attend. The student-teacher ratio is small which is good for me because I like direct attention and one on one help. Also the faculty is awesome, always responsive and willing to help and love to see their students succeed. The on campus housing is also very nice and convenient, it almost makes me feel like I'm at home. Southern is also very diverse many different clubs and activities and sport, its almost impossible to not find something that you're interested in or what to know more about. Being at Southern has help me come out of my shell and expose me to different things I didn't know about. I love being here and continue to stay here until I graduate and receive my degree.

Autumn

Dry campus Lots of activities offered free movies, comedy shows, etc Great tutoring offered Safe secure campus

I really enjoy being a student at Missouri Southern State University. It's a small campus compared to some universities, but since I come from a small town so for me it's perfect. The class sizes are complimentary to the course. If it is a hands-on class, such as a lab, the class size is either smaller or there is an extra professor to accommodate. The professors that I have had, have all been more than willing to help and guide you on the path of success. Not only have a recommended my program to others, but the school itself because of it's success rate in all their programs.

Briana

I love my school. Everything is so close and quick to get to. I usually have a lengthy break after classes to study,do homework, or eat in the lions den. The dorms are amazing I live In the new dorms and they are so cool.

Brennan

Its a great place to attend college. Not a huge school but still a decent sized campus and a nice football stadium. The student life is nice and there are plenty of places to eat off campus. The classes are great and only a few are lecture style with sizes like 100-200 people.

Melissa

MSSU has a very nice campus and very nice students and teachers! I really love it there and I will most likely go to college there next fall!

Maider

Some classrooms are huge but doesn't have enough seats for everyone. The buildings are close by, but for me, its still feel like a long walk. The parking space lines are fading and would be great if someone could repaint them. Overall, the staff there are friendly and it's a great place.

Di'Avion

I feel like if we had black sororities and fraternities it would be better I feel like they should give black people a chance to do other things and let us take over to make this school a more exciting school. The food is good on certain days but not all the time

Maya

Missouri Southern State University is an extremely accessible school to those in Joplin, Missouri. That can be a great thing; however, I sometimes feel as if I am not reaching my full learning potential. I'm often bored in class. The professors are personable, but the content is a little too easy. I am a freshman in mainly junior classes, but it is still somewhat useless.

Julie

This school is just the right size to where you can meet someone new every day, however small enough to feel like a close knit community. The professors' are very helpful and the school is located in a great place, too. The mall is less than a mile from campus. There is always something to do.

Monique

MSSU is a great, friendly school, with a comfortable environment. I have visited a couple times and enjoyed each visit every time. I know a couple people who attend or at least has attended Missouri Southern State University, and all has had a positive outlook on the school.

Bailey

It seems to be a very lively place that is focused on preparing the students for life after college. Some of the programs while interesting are difficult to get into but there are a variety of programs to go into. I was dreading going to the cafeteria but it turned out to be great, they had tons of options to choose from and it tasted fantastic. Most of my class sizes are good, but a few are around the thirty mark. We have so many clubs to join and the upperclassmen are super nice. The dorms were better than I expected and my roomates are great!

Khadijah

I love it, but I'm not as involved as I want to be. The food is okay but is super bland. I don't feel that I can personally go up to my teachers and ask questions. I feel that it is best to just ask them in class. I am super happy with my decision to attend Missouri Southern State University.

Missouri Southern is a medium sized university with an inviting atmosphere and great professors. The health science simulation lab is very up to date and functions as a real ICU unit in a hospital. Parking at Missouri Southern can be tough if you don't know some of the "secret" spots to park on campus. Over all I highly recommend Missouri Southern.

It's expensive but they do take care of their students education

kayanne

Missouri Southern State University has a beautiful campus filled with lots of caring professors and peers. Everyone is there for the same reason to pursue their degree. The housing is not the best but the food and extracurricular activities over shines that! This campus is loving and caring everyone supports each other whether ts academically or at sports game.

Nakota

Missouri Southern State University is good school. I am happy with my choice to attend here. It is the perfect balance between a small school like a community college and a huge university. I think sometimes this school is discredited but it shouldn't be. It is quickly gaining ground academically. It also has the added bonus of having a new medical school!

ethan

I love it, the atmosphere was very positive and welcoming. All the advisers and staff I've talked to have been extremely helpful. The dorms looked spacious compared to other schools I've looked at. I am super excited to attend this coming next year.

Kamiya

I love the class sizes of Missouri Southern State. The professors are always willing to help out their students and there is always opportunities for them to push you further. One thing that I wish they would change is the sorority and fraternity life on campus. They only show up during some football games and they park on the other side of the field.we never hear about the frats and sororities until it is "Greek week".

Evan

Missouri Southern State University is a smaller public university in the bustling city of Joplin, Missouri. The campus is not very large and the majority of the buildings are located in a compressed area. Traveling to and from class is an easy walk, supplemented by convenient and spacious parking on all sides of the campus. In regards to the learning environment, MSSU is an exceptional place to pursue a secondary education. The class sizes are small enough for the Professors to know you by name! Additionally, many of the classrooms and buildings are either new or undergoing renovations/updates in order to accommodate a better learning environment for students. For those looking to commute or for off campus-housing, there are plenty of apartment complexes, duplexes, and houses in the surrounding area. Many are quite affordable and located in areas close to food, shopping, and other amenities.

Whitney

Missouri Southern is a great place to further your education and maybe even your fine arts, and athletic careers. I️ am greatly appreciative that I️ chose this college to further my academic and cheerleading career. The professors are easy to get in touch with and they are always willing to help. They really do care about each individual student and they don't want anyone to fail. My coach is outstanding even though she is a nursing student. The facilities are always in great shape for us athletes and the campus is always a joy to walk around. The college is perfect for me.

Allison

Missouri Southern State University was not my first, or even second, choice. I grew up around Joplin, and somehow, that made the university less special. However, I chose to go here because it was affordable and I was given scholarships from the Honors Program and the Theatre Department. MSSU has turned out to be much nicer than I expected, but it still fails in many areas. It lacks the funding to keep art programs as nice as they should be. The entire reason I'm applying for scholarships again is because my theatre scholarship was cut drastically after the Governor of Missouri made budget cuts to higher education. I, and many others, rely on those scholarships in order to attend this institution. Something must be done to help MSSU stay affordable, since that is it's best quality.

Kylie

Missouri Southern State University is a great school and I would recommend to anyone! The classes are very intellectual and the teachers are extremely helpful. I have went to advisers and instructors many times whenever I have needed help on an assignment, my classes, or anything wrong with my schedule and they are great about helping out!

Bobbi

I am a new student to this school but so far the staff and the student are professional and intellectual. The Campus is nice and everyone is helpful if you don't know where to go. My College prior to this one was much smaller but the transition has been smooth thanks to everyone being so helpful. My opinion overall is that this is a fantastic school to attend and I recommend it if anyone is considering it as a possible option.

Mikaylin

I loved going to school here and I am even getting my masters from here. I am so glad this is the school that I chose. I feel like I received an amazing education and I am prepared to get a job and be successful in my future. Another plus to this school is that there is always something to do and you will meet amazing people in the process.

Casey

Have not fully attended yet but I am excited, I have heard great things about the campus and life itself there. I am excited to meet new people and learn my teachers new teaching standards. Missouri Southern will be a step out of my comfort zone but from what I have heard I cannot wait.

elizabeth

MISSOURI SOUTHERN IS THE DEFINITION OF YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IT ISNT BAD FOR THE CHEAP PRICE THAT EDUCATION IS OFFERED AT BUT IT IS ALSO SMALL. IF YOU WANT TO GO TO A SMALL SCHOOL IT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO ABLE TO MAKE CLOSE FRIENDS THAT YOU SEE AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY. THE CAMPUS IS FILLED WITH NUMEROUS ACTIVITES AND FACITILITES THAT YOU CAN USE TO PASS YOUR TIME BETWEEN CLASSES. LAST BUT NOT LEAST PARKING IS FREE, IF THAT DOESNT MAKE YOU WANNA APPLY RIGHT NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL.

Kylee

This school is very affordable and students receive the education they pay for. The teachers are very interactive and with small class sizes, there is a lot of room left for class discussion. As for athletics, our volleyball and basketball teams are outstanding and the facilities that our athletes play in are nice. Extracurricular activities provide students with opportunities to learn and gain experience beyond the classroom and the Joplin area itself is very welcoming.

Janna

Missouri Southern is a nice campus with kind students and staff/facility. The professors are available to talk with before or after the class, and also are easily to be contacted with outside the classroom as well. One thing that is especially nice is, that the professors want to make sure the international students learn and understand everything in class! The campus is not too wide, which means no car is needed; the students can walk to class from the dorms, which is a good thing for the students. The atmosphere on campus is good and people always happy and able to help if anything is needed. Various different type of activities are provided for on-campus students for free several times a week, which makes the student life even better!

Jason

It is a good school for the price. The staff and teachers are friendly and constantly try to engage students to make sure that we succeed in life. There are plenty of things to do on campus as well from different clubs to Greek life to serving on the Campus activities board.

Mary

I feel that Missouri Southern State University has a lot to offer students. Teachers are great and knowledgeable. The education is excellent. I pursued an undergraduate education degree and I am now pursuing a graduate degree in education. The online degree is working out great! I am planning on working on my doctorate in the near future!!!

I am currently I senior in high school planning to attend Missouri Southern State University starting this upcoming fall. I had a visit this last weekend and it was an amazing experience. I love the campus and everyone there is amazing. I took summer courses through them and never got meet my advisor in person. When I went on my visit just about every other person knew me by my name, even if I had never talked to them, which made me feel at home.

Brendan

Missouri Southern State University is great place for high quality academics; opportunities to participate in a variety of award winning athletics, like football, basketball, and track and field, and you can’t forget the memorable associations you will forge for a lifetime.

Kelie

I believe that Missouri Southern State University is a place that inspires learning and growth for every individual. The professors and advisers will guide you, but also challenge you all the way. With hard work and dedication, the degree and the experience gained from Missouri Southern State University is well earned. Whether you are on the field, or in the classroom, you are fully supported by the faculty and staff here at Missouri Southern State University.

Caleb

Missouri Southern State University is a fantastic school if you don't want to go to a huge school. It only takes fifteen minutes to walk from one side of campus to the other. The average class size is around 20-30 students, so it is not difficult to meet up with a professor if you need to. The student life is great, and the teachers are easy to get a hold of.