Springfield, MO
Missouri State University-Springfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri State University-Springfield

Barbara

I start online classes in 4 days and HELPFUL is the best way for me to describe MSU as a whole, and Jaime in Adult Student Services in particular, as they've helped me repeatedly, and with excitement, to launch this new phase of my life!

Missouri State University is the only school, after an exhaustive country-wide search of four-year schools, that offer a Bachelor's program in Professional Writing that is 100% online and 100% as valuable as a campus education, that also fits my needs and desires perfectly, so for me MSU is very uniquely qualified to provide what I need for my desired professional goals.

I've borrowed Marty McFly’s DeLorean to go Back to the Past on a mission to 1991 to open the eyes of my high-school-senior-self to better grasp the big picture through the small picture blue-tinted contact lenses she pops in each day. I have one minute to make a difference, so when I catch a glimpse of her hopping into her sweetheart, Steve’s, Buick Regal, I shout! “Barb, this is your 40-year-old self! Things turned out pretty great. You and Steve are married and have two amazing kids. Here’s the thing... you’re kind of blowing off high school. Do you want to have to start college in your forties? Come on! You are a smart girl! Spend more time studying and less time chasing him (trust me, he’s not going anywhere). Join a club, play a sport or pick your violin back up. You know how you want to move out ASAP? The quickest route to that - and a better life - is doing well in high school to get scholarships. You can become the first ever in your family to follow your dreams to college. Focus! Your dreams await!”

Quila

My school is best know for the cheap tuition that it has to offer, and everyone loves my school.

A person who doesnt like big schools shouldnt atend this school. A person who doesnt want to get involved in organizations shouldnt consider this school. I think everyone should go to this school, it is a great school anyone would love it.

Nathaniel

Nathan, if there are two things I wish I could have told you before you started college it’s 1) to manage your time better and 2) to get your psychological issues addressed as early as possible. Yes, they’re closely related, as your mental health problems will just continue to exacerbate your poor time management and studying skills. It will certainly take a stable psychiatric regimen to maintain sanity with your condition, but your lack of ability to manage your time has been present even while you’re sane for various reasons. You need to learn how to use a planner—actually use it, not just keep it in your backpack due to the embarrassment of being one of “those kids” who actually uses one and actually gets things in on time—if you want to be able to pass all your classes with the knowledge you need for college. And Nathan? I’ll add a third one. Get involved in clubs with people you can connect with, and in activities you like doing. It’ll show that you at least took the time to get involved with extracurricular activities in high school. And ... it could save your life.

People should attend Missouri State University if they are willing to accept the diversity that there is on campus and are dedicated to learning in their respective fields.

Brianna

There are many different types of people at Missouri State, but for the most part everyone is very school spirited.

I would tell myself to spend a lot of time with the people that really matter. Forget about those who don't care about you. When you move to college, you will make new friends, amazing friends. You will also be away from the friends you made before college so spend time with them, and your family.

I believe my school puts a lot of emphasis on people who are in sports or greek life. I also think that many people judge others for being in greek life.

Rebecca

Missouri State University is near the center of the nation and has a lot of regional diversity. There are a lot of students from around the United States and the world that come to study here because of the lower tuition and student fees. The education that is taught here meets surpasses all the other colleges and universities in the area. It is top of the line and all the professors are very informed and helpful and make a point to take time to help you if needed. The professors make sure that the students not only learn the material being taught but also learn to take a situation apart, analyze it and solve any problems that might arise, thus preparing the student for success in future working environments. Our competitive sports programs have also become nationally recognized forces that are ready to meet any competition. They teach corporation and competiveness. Both of which are necessary to rise to the top of any job after college. Lastly, this is a growing community with job opportunities that can help the students support themselves. By attending MSU, a student can get a great education that will prepare them for their future at any level.

Kelsey

Try to get involved in some sort of campus activity. Don't focus so much on working, try to have fun and enjoy college while you can; it goes by faster than you think. Be outgoing in class. Try to talk to people around you, this can be good for future tests and you might even make some friends. Don't get bummed out if you don't get all As, this is college afterall. Have good communication with your professors. If there comes a time when you need their help, you want them to know who you are; don't be just another face in the leacture hall. Try new things but also stay true to yourself; don't give in to pressure.

This school is good for any type of person.

Heather

I loved that the MSU campus was smaller and more of a community feel. Other schools in Missouri were too big and didn't feel like they would have the more one-on-one attention from the teachers. I was also involved in the Pride Marching Band so going to college a week early for band camp, I instantly had 400 new friends. These band members and directors helped shape my life as I knew I could go to any of them for any help I needed.

Be sure to experience all paths of college life! Knowing now, that great group of people from the Pride Marching Band, I believe that having a core group of friends makes the transition easier. Yes, some old friends from high school may be attending the same college but they are also trying to find their own path in life. Your two paths may not cross anymore. Opening your world to different aspects of education and social activities will make you a more well-rounded person. You can’t bury your head in the books for 4 years and expect to come out knowing everything. Having friends to experience a new city and new activities with will help you learn to work the social aspect of a group. This will aide you later in life when working in an office space. College is what will help prepare you for life’s roads ahead. Learning how to interact with all groups of people while maintaining your studies in your fields of interest will be important. You’ll work to find that balance in life that works for you. Never forget who you are and don’t change for a group of people.

The Pride Marching Band was a great decision for me. We led the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1996. Knowing that I had 400 people who were there for me simply because of a common interest shared made going to college, 3 hours away from home, easier. I still keep in touch with these men and women today. We will always have that bond and, oh, the stories we can tell! It was great to be immersed into a group of people from day one as I never felt alone.

Damon

MSU is diverse in student body and faculty allowing many different ideas and values to be accepted.

I would tell myself to be determined and optimistic, to be willing to go outside my comfort zone and try something new. I would let myself know it's ok to fail as long as you learn from it, no one hits a homerun everytime. Mostly I would tell myself that there is nothing I can't do or learn so be confident and enjoy the experience.

A person that lacks direction, self-confidence and organizational skills would not do well at this university.

Lisa

Hi there, you scarred little thing! Remember to eat, sleep and breathe! Ask for help, and keep asking until you get it. Join a group. Make friends and get involved. Slow and steady wins this race. This should be fun and a little hard but not miserable. If it is, then you are doing it WRONG!! What do YOU wish to do with your life? Aim towards that goal and take baby steps towards it. Get rid of some of your stuff, and find a cheap apartment so you don't have to work so much! Apply for scholarships!

Keep asking the same question to many different people. You will get all the answers you seek.

I think that anyone wishing for a quality education for a comperable price should consider MSU.

Lisa

I woud tell myself that I am worth the time , effort. Getting good grades is for me and no one else. The counselors and teachers that tried to push me didn't matter, the other kids didn't matter. Stop worrying about everybody else and dig into your own life. You have talent, you are going to be a very sought after artist some day. It all gets better from here but only if you believe it will get better. Focus on goals, big and little. Step by step you will climb out of your depression and self loathing. Make yourself better and the world will smile back when you choose to smile at it. Good luck and go get 'em!!

Missouri State University-Springfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.