Springfield, MO
Missouri State University-Springfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri State University-Springfield

Damon

MSU is diverse in student body and faculty allowing many different ideas and values to be accepted.

I would tell myself to be determined and optimistic, to be willing to go outside my comfort zone and try something new. I would let myself know it's ok to fail as long as you learn from it, no one hits a homerun everytime. Mostly I would tell myself that there is nothing I can't do or learn so be confident and enjoy the experience.

A person that lacks direction, self-confidence and organizational skills would not do well at this university.

Lisa

Hi there, you scarred little thing! Remember to eat, sleep and breathe! Ask for help, and keep asking until you get it. Join a group. Make friends and get involved. Slow and steady wins this race. This should be fun and a little hard but not miserable. If it is, then you are doing it WRONG!! What do YOU wish to do with your life? Aim towards that goal and take baby steps towards it. Get rid of some of your stuff, and find a cheap apartment so you don't have to work so much! Apply for scholarships!

Keep asking the same question to many different people. You will get all the answers you seek.

I think that anyone wishing for a quality education for a comperable price should consider MSU.

Lisa

I woud tell myself that I am worth the time , effort. Getting good grades is for me and no one else. The counselors and teachers that tried to push me didn't matter, the other kids didn't matter. Stop worrying about everybody else and dig into your own life. You have talent, you are going to be a very sought after artist some day. It all gets better from here but only if you believe it will get better. Focus on goals, big and little. Step by step you will climb out of your depression and self loathing. Make yourself better and the world will smile back when you choose to smile at it. Good luck and go get 'em!!

Erica

I would tell myself to rush for a sorority sooner than I did, joining a sorority was one of the best decisions since coming to Missouri State. Make sure you are involved on campus and don't be stressed if you don't know what you want to do for the rest or your life, you'll figure it out. Also don't worry about what others think about you, they will constantly judge no matter what you do. And finally, cherish the friends you make and don't be sad if you lose friends from the past because friends come and go and make sure to value your family, they will there for thick and thin.

Those who get homesick very easy since most students are from Kansas City or St. Louis which is a good 3 1/2 hour drive and for those who 100% do not like the city life. Springfield is the largest city south of St. Louis so it is just street after street and can get a little overwhelming.

The most frustrating thing about Missouri State is getting help from advisors.

My classmates are supportive and offer me help when I need it.

My classmates are supportive and offer me help when I need it.

I would tell myself to be prepared to have homework. I need to pay attention in class closely to complete the homework. I would also tell myself to meet with my advisor at least once each semester so I don't accidentally take any classes that I don't need. Taking classes you don't need can be a waste of time and money. I would tell myself to get in a habit of doing homework the day it was assigned. I wish someone would have told me that because when I started going to college I found I was a huge procrastinator. I would find myself staying up until three am completing homework because I had put it off. Procrastinating causes a huge stress that makes school hard to enjoy. I would also tell myself to make friends in my classes because then you can study together and become good friends. Lastly I would tell myself to always allow an alloted time to go out with friends and have fun. At the end of the week you deserve to go out and reward yourself for all the hard work you put into school.

I wish I would have known that a university has more homework than a community college. I came from a community college where it was common to only have homework once or twice a week. When I started at the university I was shocked to find that I have homework everynight after class. Once I got used to it I was fine, it just caught me off guard at first and stressed me out.

sabrina

Missouri State University is a place were you have to be present at to truly understand its capabilties.

Dear High school senior, These last ten months of your secondary education is here, the moment you have been waiting on. This is no time to become lazy, but to work harder and relax because it’s almost over. You may feel clueless on decisions you will have to make soon but make those decisions with what you want and not what anyone else wants. Homecoming, turning eighteen and prom are all the fun things but Graduation, 8am ACT test days, and acceptance letters in the mail, are all the days that will mean more in your future. You are a beautiful, intelligent, hardworking, and a loving young lady to say the least and most definitely on the right track to prosperity. So remember once you graduate on May 21, 2011 to not stop there, but to go out and uphold yourself on a pedestal of academic achievement. Show those Scholarship donors how proud you are and unbelievably grateful for their gift towards your academic career. You are a black girl that rocks and whichever choice of University you will go to that that will be the best choice for you to grow wiser while embarking on a new life.

The best thing about my University is the life long friends and faculty that have came into my life. These people are angels from God that knew exactly what qualities of person I needed in my life to help me grow in ways I never knew I would be able to. As continue work towards the day I graduate these people in my life will always remind me the strength they gave me to make it.

Oleksandr

My college is very learning oriented institution. There are all professors who always will help you when you are struggling with your classes or when you just want to stop by the office and ask any questions. Classes are based on discussion and debate which help you to learn more.

You have to learn to communicate in order to be able to establish contacts with people. This would be a very important skill that would help you out in your future. Never forget a simple truth: this is the easiest way to get friends at school beacuse later it would be more difficult. Concentrate your attention on the important things. Set goals for you then achieve them, enjoy your little victories and get pleasure from them. Repeat this process over and over again. Be epic. Work on your character all the time. Improve yourself. Find new information. Read more.

I think, I cannot tell the worst thing in my school. Because there is no the worse thing. Everything are designed are really good and smart. And knowledge is provided sufficiently. The only thing that i can say, the campus is overcrowded. There are more than 23 thousand students in Missouri State University. When you want to have a luch in Student Union you have to wait for a long time in line, and sometimes can be late on your class.

Loan

Past Forward “Ever-growing self-explorer, make this senior year more memorable, having discovered that the power to positively influence isn’t in looks, neither that being street-smart (or misled) in brands, parties, drugs, violence, sex equates to sophistication and knowing how life works – what are my losses, what do I gain that I would resort to desire and feign I belonged?... >>> …But find ME and be content as a humble star amidst the night, and see what thing on earth can dull or move me? All the lessons repeating tears and bloodshed in the chapters of human history, including those pages of my family’s incredible journey to America, consider now truly appreciating their consequential benefits for my present life, especially my education, which should yield this commonly overlooked end. Experience at the college level reveals that many, even the most knowledgeable, who may esteem themselves civilized lead their entire lives unlearned of the foundational discipline of integrity: self-respect. These are never too distant or abstract, and possessing them would see me defy those petty judgments and heavy regards for the external, to devote my educated concerns to greater matters of poverty and injustices in the world.”

*Quality education at very good costs! MSU is for-students in many ways, including keeping the main campus library opened 24-hrs during finals week and carrying out its mission statement in public affairs. Also, beautiful campus within a very community-oriented city that's not too big or small.

Bethany

Save your money. It is important to do things and make friends, but there is so much to do that is free. Research these things and make experience memories rather than just sitting in the dark theatre making memories about movies. Go be adventurous. Try new things. Meet new people. There is more to do on Firday than party, check out the free stuff!!!!!Not kdding, there is so much to do for free, use your money to pay for school, so you are not in debt when it is over.

The worst thing is that when it rains there is very poor drainage, so puddles are like swimming pools. It is suggested that you buy rain boots today, before it is too late.

The art department teachers are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chauneisha

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take more college credit courses, detach yourself from your mother and save some money. Every student gets the speech about how hard the transition is from high school to college so I won’t say all that again. Being in college now, I see some things that I should’ve applied to my life. I am a really family-oriented person so my biggest problem is being far away from my mother and father. Even though I am only three hours away, when I am having a bad day it feels like we are countries away from one another. While I was in high school, I took multiple classes that I could’ve potentially gotten college credit for but since I wasn’t very happy with my grades I chose not to but if I could go back, I would’ve done better and paid for the classes. Savings, Savings, and more savings is the last thing I would yell at myself because it would surely help me right now.

This is a great school for all different types of students. It appeals to all and accepts all.

Missouri State University-Springfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.