Missouri State University-Springfield

« See more reviews of Missouri State University-Springfield

My answer to this question would be that anyone who hungers for higher education would benefit from attending Missouri State University. The campus conveys a very welcoming environment to all who step foot on it. Staff, faculty advisors, and professors are engaged, friendly, and take an active role in each student's success. Diversity is embraced and there is a real sense of community and camaraderie. So, I would say the only student who shouldn't attend Missouri State is one who is not willing to strive towards his/her own collegiate success.

It's hard to say that nobody should come here to Missouri State University. They offer so many majors and programs, which is the reason I decided to apply. I suppose those students looking for a very specific major, who can spend a lot of money on any school they wanted shouldn't attend, because Missouri State looks to allow anyone looking for an education. Not just the incredibly intelligent and sophisticated, but anyone who can meet their requirements and have a strong desire for a brighter future.

Someone who doesn't like sports is left out of most of the large events and groups. Someone who is not hard core academic is left out of the rest of the events. Basically, if you aren't popular or very very smart there is no social place for you. Average people with average commitments fall through the cracks because they are determined to be boring with nothing new to offer.

I think anyone who is willing to make an effort to get involved on campus would be successful at MSU. There's plenty of things to get involved in, for people with any types of interests. If you don't really want to get involved on campus, it might not be a good school for you. There are a lot of people at MSU, and it takes effort to get to know people.

Any person who does not really care about their education should not come to this school. The teachers make you work hard and give you great advice for getting into the work and field. If you put the effort into your classes you'll come out of them so much better off than you were at the beginning of the semester with life lessons under your belt.

I'd advise anyone to go to this school. It is really a great school, and the staff is amazing. It just happens that MSU is not the place for me , so other than that, it is a great school. I would reccomend MSU to anyone, especially if you are really involved in agriculture (has the best ag department in the state-- not too big and not too small).

Students who are overwhelmed very easily by large student bodies should not go here. This is the second largest college in Missouri and has over 20,000 people. Secondly, if one like to drink then they should not go here. This is a dry campus and has been for a very long time. Beside those things I can not think of any reason not to come here.

Everyone belongs here at Missouri State. There is not one person that doesn't belong here. There are so many organizations to get involved in that each student can find their place. Involvement is important because that's where students really come out of their shell and get to lead and be themselves.

If you want a school that has all classed with only about 30 people, this isn't the school for you. Missouri State offers some small classes, but many are large. If you don't like being away from home and you live over 3 hours away, I would recommend that you go to a school that is closer to home.

Those who get homesick very easy since most students are from Kansas City or St. Louis which is a good 3 1/2 hour drive and for those who 100% do not like the city life. Springfield is the largest city south of St. Louis so it is just street after street and can get a little overwhelming.