Missouri State University-Springfield

« See more reviews of Missouri State University-Springfield

I wish I would have known that a university has more homework than a community college. I came from a community college where it was common to only have homework once or twice a week. When I started at the university I was shocked to find that I have homework everynight after class. Once I got used to it I was fine, it just caught me off guard at first and stressed me out.

I wish that I had known how to study effectively. In high school, studying doesn't mean the same thing as it does in college. In college, I'm not in the same class every day so I don't get a fresh reminder of what we learned before. It's on me to work outside of the classroom to understand the material so I can do well on the test and other homework assignments.

the main thing i wish i would of known before comming to this school was how very hands on learning they were. if i would have known this right of that bat i wouldnt have wasted my time or money with other colleges and would have came straight here. i feel like they do a great job in working with students but dont get very much appreciation or recognition for it.

This school has an excellent Residence Life and Serviices Department and the residence halls are a great place to live. I wish more people were encouraged to live on campus because you won't find anywhere on campus such a close-knit community of fellow students that are fun to be with, extremely supportive, and just overall great people.

Before I would start any school the first think I want to know if the school has proper accreditation. Then I would concentrate my attention on the programs they offer. And other factors like school reputation and tuition price may also be points of my interest before I start .

I wish I had known how large the campus really was. I also wish I had known parking was going to be so difficult. If I had known that it was going to be so difficult to find a job, on or off campus, I would have come up a little bit earlier to find a possible part time job.

I wish I would have known how things work in college compared to high school better. The fact that all the reliability almost instantly switches from consistent help from your teachers in high school to sole responsibility in college is a bi change.

I felt very informed when I came to Missouri State University. I was told about the costs at my freshman orientation the summer before school started. My housing was exactly what I expected. I have been very involved at Missouri State University.

I wish that I would have know what kind of extracaricular activties the campus offered, the varity of food was served at the campus, what there was to do around the campus and in Springfield in general, and more about resident hall living.

I should have applied to as many scholarships as I could. Even though I got a fair amount of scholarship money every little bit helps especially when if comes to text books and art supplies and meal plans.