Missouri State University-Springfield

« See more reviews of Missouri State University-Springfield

Missouri State University is a medium sized university that is easy to get around. The classes are very interesting and the teachers are always helpful. The other students are friendly and welcoming. Plus there are tons of campus groups and activities to participate in and meet new people. Also, since the campus is in Missouri there is always a variety of weather experiences which makes for an interesting year filled with warm sunny days perfect for some baseball on the commons or rainy days filled with puddle jumping or mud flinging and snow days perfect for snowball fights and snowmen.

The best thing about Missouri State is the faculty, including professors, advisors, and staff employees. They are all engaged, friendly, and caring, even if they are not in your particular area of study, they are still willing to help. This is important because students generally have a laundry list of questions when applying for college, so it's nice to feel welcome and to get those questions answered. My application process consisted of me applying to three colleges, one of which was Mizzou (my first choice at the time), but Missouri State won because of how well they treated me.

I consider the help one of the major but best things. you're not in a class room with 500 people compared to having about twnty to thirty five at a community college. there are lots and lots to do as far as programs of stuydy or activity programs. Having your own tutor is so sweet and just call in for an appointment. the food is even great. Being at Lansing community college is like being in your own home with a bunch of friends over. i reccomend people start off at a community college first then transfer.

Missouri State is homey. The school is large, and there are countless opportunities to meet tons of people. The campus is small enough though, that you can continue seeing all the new people you meet. It is not intimidating to get involved on campus and easy to find organizations that fit any personality or interest. There are tons of opportunities to express leadership and organization skills. The comfort and homey feeling from students and professors make Missouri State stand out from other universities.

The best thing about Missouri State University is that they offer a wide range of majors to all students at a relatively low cost. If the major that you need or desire is not offered, MSU caters to that fact by offering personalized majors which are developed with academic advisors. Other than that, the staff is friendly and the student to teacher ratio is 13 to 1, allowing students the personal learning experience in a large school setting of almost 19,000 enrolled students.

I consider the best thing about Missouri State University to be it's seamless blend of big-school opportunity with small-school atmosphere. MSU has over 15,000 students enrolled but the campus is small for such a large university. It also has a very friendly and community feel to it. I always see familiar faces and feel that I have a great opportunity to assert my individuality in the class room and not be "just a number," as is the stereotype for large universities.

I love most how much the community of Springfield promotes the arts. Springfield was declared the city in Missouri most supportive of the arts. It really is true. As a music major and a former member of the thespian society, I must say that MSU has a great arts program and music program. Springfield is a city that truly loves the arts. And food. It's a big restaurant city. Lots of restaurants.

The best thing about my University is the life long friends and faculty that have came into my life. These people are angels from God that knew exactly what qualities of person I needed in my life to help me grow in ways I never knew I would be able to. As continue work towards the day I graduate these people in my life will always remind me the strength they gave me to make it.

Missouri State provides it's students with many resources for help. That's what I consider the best thing about my school. You're never left in the dark. Help is always provided if needed, and the entire staff here at Missouri State makes sure that you're informed on any extra help that many be available for you. It's comforting knowing you're never on your own.

I love attending college! My school has opened up many doors, and many learning oppurtunity's for me and all of the students that attend. Anytime I need help or assistance I know I can always count on them for my future plans. I believe learning is a lifelong process, and plan on taking classes even after graduating so I am grateful that I love my school.