Missouri State University-Springfield Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Missouri State University-Springfield

I think Missouri State is a place for everybody to find something they like. No matter where you are from, what you like to do, or what your background is, there is something for everybody at Missouri State. I also feel it is not too much of a social scene which is good in regards to students actually doing what they are there for. There is a big focus on academics, but the balance of academics and the social scene are just right.

I am fortunate to secure a place in the Honors College. If you are not accepted into HC, I would not recommend going to this school. I have had great experiences in the classroom, but my classes are usually 20 people and are taught by the head of the department. My non-Honors courses are huge, but the majority of the professors have been extremely devoted to ensuring your learning is top notch. GO to their OFFICE HOURS!

I love it there and I think it is a great school. It is safe and very home-like. I am glad I decided to choose it. The teachers are great and so are the students. It is easy to make friends and the dorms are very nice. The dinning halls are always well managed. So, overall I think Missouri State is a great school.

Kassidy

I love Missouri State. I initially was going to attend a different college but changed my mind last minute. I am so glad I did, its the best decision I've ever made. I have met so many people, students and faculty who have been more than willing to help me with whatever I need. I love being a Bear and living in the Springfield community.

Olivia

Academics are not a priority and the average student is not at all impressive. Overall I LOVE the professors. There are many new projects being developed but often they seem misdirected. For example- they spend millions of dollars on construction yet we have extremely limited access to printers and basic academic necessities. There are WAY too many administrators and things are horribly inefficient.

Shania

MSU is a campus that depends on how willing you are to put yourself out there. Introverts will struggle to make friends but the university is amazing when it comes to academics. It is known for its nursing and buiseness colleges so if you plan on those majors this is the place to be.

Jesse

It is fantastic and will continue my program here. The teachers, school, and all academics are defiantly the best In the school, but it depends on the friends you have and the way you even want to do college because it's tough sometimes, but it is still overall wonderful.

Joanna

Missouri State University (MSU) is a very good school. The academics are challenging, especially once you have gone into classes for your degree. Parties do happen, but it is easy to avoid them if you do not wish to participate. I am more of a quiet book lover, and MSU provides this atmosphere as well. Missouri State University has an excellent environment for a diverse group of people to grow academically and socially.

Missouri State University-Springfield is often seen as a safe school, a back up school, or even a cheap school when compared to the University of Missouri. However, the atmosphere of the campus and surrounding town makes up for what it might lack in other academic or prestigious qualities. The entire campus community is very involved and inclusive. There is also a club for almost everyone and almost everything. The classes are fairly easy and most of the faculty are helpful. For fun, Springfield has many options to go do and clubs on campus always have something planned that anyone can attend. Missouri State University is a great school for Missouri students looking to stay in state or to attend a school where community is one of the most important aspects.

Mo State or no state, am I right? Missouri State University is a great university. It has a welcoming atmosphere and although there are over 20,000 students enrolled, it still has a small campus feel. I see friendly faces every where I go. It's not Harvard by any means, but you can tell that the teachers really do care about the success of their students and are passionate about the material they're teaching. There's a group for every different kind of person, you just have to apply yourself and get involved. Everyone lives off Chick-fil-a, Subway, and Starbucks. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to further their education at a reasonable price and make some good memories and great friends along the way. Oh and the cute shirts that are always on sale in the bookstore are a bonus.

Avery

I love it. They are very welcome to all kinds of students and accepting to everyone. It's a big university with a feeling of home. Everything is so compact and all of my classes are within a 10 minute walk of either each other or my dorm. They have so many different ways to get involved on campus that you can never run out of ways to meet people.

Morgan

I love MSU, the campus always has something going on and professors aren't afraid to stop and chat if they see you in the student union! The shuttles are confusing if you're a new student or a campus visitor, but the shuttle drivers are always willing to point you in the right direction. Campus always feels safe and inclusive!

Riley

I love MSU. There are plenty of things to do both on and off campus. Professors are always encouraging students to get involved in extracurricular activities and there are plenty of them to choose from. The facilities are all very nice and many of them are being renovated right now to be even nicer. Downtown has a very vintage feel and looks unique. Professors are always easy to contact outside of classroom hours and they will usually take the time out of their schedules to make sure that you understand the content that is being covered in class. I have loved all three years that I have spent here at MSU.

Lydia

Missouri State University is a university like no other! Every department has a wide range of respected staff and they are all wanting to help students succeed. There constantly are improvements going on around campus to ensure that students are being given the best opportunity to succeed.

Danielle

This is my first time at a four year college and I have been having a good time since starting in the Fall of 2017. The Professors are all there to help, and they do what they can to make sure the students are caught up in class. The grounds are safe, and there is always security to be found in case something does happen. It feels like a good learning environment no matter where you are on campus.

Mary

I am so happy I chose to attend Missouri State. It isn't too small, and not too big. The professors are always willing to help their students, and many wonderful teacher-student relationships are formed through that. I would always recommend Missouri State to incoming freshmen or people wanting to go back to school.

William

Overall it's a good school, and it's great if you are a business or liberal arts major. For STEM majors the quality is a bit lower due to lack of funding. The fact the business school has better computers than the computer science students makes me sad. The constant construction is annoying, but after I graduate I'm sure it will be great.

Kelli

Missouri State offers students many opportunities in many different aspects, including intramural sports, clubs and getting involved on campus. All the people are very friendly and the professors care a lot about student success and will go out of their way to ensure each student is getting the help they need. MSU is a fantastic university with great people and a beautiful campus.

I think Missouri State University - Springfield is a great school. It always gives opportunities to students who need them, and for those who are feeling lost faculty take it upon themselves to help them. Campus life is great, and there is always something going on if you need something more social to do.

I am in my second year at Missouri State, and I can proudly and confidently say that I love this university. I was nervous to attend a school as large as this one, as I came from a high school of roughly 700 people. MSU welcomes every new student with open arms and makes sure that everyone has the opportunity to get involved. The faculty are amazing and do a great job making sure that students have all of the resources they need to succeed. The students are all very kind and there are plenty of people willing to help with anything you need. I could recommend Missouri State University to anyone looking for a college experience that will bring nothing but success to their life.

Madeline

I think that Missouri State University is a very community engaging school that loves to keep/get people involved. Most professors care to help you succeed and are always open to questions and feedback. There is always something to get involved in and do for fun. Missouri State has a very fun atmosphere to participate in and isn't too big, but not too small therefore, it is a great fit for me!

Danielle

It has been a wonderful transition into college life from high school life. I feel at home when I am around other MSU students. Everyone is very helpful and kind. I think of MSU as my home away from home. It is a wonderful college and the staff and faculty is wonderful.

Devan

Overall, Missouri State University is a great place to get an education when you can't fully afford college. Missouri State is a cheaper public education institution, but they give you a quality education. I would want them to work on the diversity aspect of student and teacher ratio. I would like to see more minorities on campus and more minority teachers. I would also love it, if the career center gets more props than they actually do. They have helped me receive job opportunities and resume editing better than any other school that I have attended.

Kathleen

I think that it's a really great school. Overall, all of my teachers have made themselves available if I need extra help. They were also really understanding about my mental health issues and worked with me to ensure I still got points for assignments. I've always felt safe on campus and have never worried walking alone. It's a great school where you can truly find your place.

Caroline

It’s a good school with plenty to offer. Class sizes are not too big and the professors are all really great. The campus it’s self is really easy to navigate and there are plenty of shuttles to get you around on time. Parking can be a challenge but if you arrive early enough there are always spots to be found.

Nicholas

Missouri State University provides a good overall outlet to a variety of different lifestyles. The people there, form faculty and staff to students, all care about each other. I have met some great people all over campus and there is rarely a dull day.

Jodi

Missouri State University is all about diversity. It might be cliche to say, but you can find anything and everything here. Being in a sorority definitely broadens your horizons, but just being on campus makes you feel involved. Whether it’s fundraisers selling donuts, or political and religious advocates screaming their opinions to every student that walks by, students get involved. Never in my life would I imagine seeing people stand up for what they believe in so much. Missouri State has really taught me how to grow as a person and be the best person.

Jayci

Missouri State has a really great Elementary Education program, and it seems as though the social aspect of attending this school is good. The professors in this particular program typically go above and beyond to help. Overall, it's just another school, but I am happy to be getting my degree there.

Jordan

The Media, Journalism, and Film department is a joke, not prioritized, and needs to be completely overhauled. A lot of equipment doesn't work, but how great of the university to spend millions on a new football complex that will go to waste. To be fair, the professors are great, easily approachable and helpful.

jessica

Missouri State, overall is a great college. The college interacts with the surrounding community and establishes positive connections thru out the city. The staff members I have came in contact with all have been great and the classes are very diverse. The campus is also easily accessible and always feels safe. I really like being a Missouri State student.

Troy

Missouri State University is a wonderful school. The professors genuinely care about their students and do everything in their power to help them succeed. It is a beautiful campus with many prestigious programs that will help you to achieve your dreams. Missouri State receives my highest recommendation, especially for the price.

Tyler

I love what Missouri State does when it comes to academics. Overall all the professors and staff are willing to help you reach your goals. Missouri State can be kinda iffy for me being a black student at an dominant white school because it seems as if I'm always getting dirty looks or someone has a problem with me and I have yet to do anything. Overall I like the school and am ready for whatever obstacles are put in front of me.

Boni

Missouri State University is a place that feels like home for me. With 24,000 students, it seems like it would be rare to ever see your university president, or even less that he would know your name. But Cliff Smart recognizes you, even if you don't think he knows you exist. I didn't even feel my own high school principal would recognize me outside of class.

Lucas

This college was absolutely extraordinary! The campus was big but almost everything is within walking distance. I really appreciated the variety of food available, and all of the friendly staff that work there. I would highly recommend this college to anyone looking for a college or wanting to transfer!!

Logan

A respectable, affordable, well rounded school. There are plenty of student resources available and the faculty are lively and eager to help. A unifying sense of community is undeniable at MSU, even if you are not apart of any extra curricular activities, in some fashion, whether it be bear wear friday, or fountain day, we all feel and bleed maroon.

Devin

I recently transferred here last semester and I can confidently say this is an amazing institution. The campus is beautiful and clean, the professors are top notch, and everyone is so friendly. This campus is unlike many because it has a welcoming atmosphere with staff that will do whatever it takes to help you succeed.

Jeanette

The campus is large without enough parking, but this is being addressed. There are shuttles and plenty of other services for traditional students. There are people from every country you can think of attending the Springfield campus. I have had some very good instructors and always feel safe on campus.

It is a very nice, clean environment. The professors seems nice and helpful. It is a big campus but it is very well organized. They have a nice sitting area for students on break between classes. I do mostly online classes but I would feel right at home if I ever took a class on campus.

Marc

I truly appreciate and love Missouri State University. I would encourage anyone to go here and experience the wonderful facilities, academics, sports and social life in the area. Professors encourage critical thinking and beyond expectations which really push students to excel and better themselves.