West Plains, MO
Missouri State University-West Plains

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri State University-West Plains

Blake

It was a great stepping stone for me during the start of my college career. I enjoyed my time there. The class sizes are small but you get more one on one time with professors, which is really nice when taking your more advanced classes. Overall I was very glad to attend this college.

Lana

There are some teachers who show hatred to certain students, but they are few generally far between. My two advisers were amazing at helping me out when I needed the help. Several teachers really made you step out of your comfort zone to explore your self and your surroundings. This is how I came to find out what I wanted to do for a career, so I am glad they did this.

Kailie

Missouri state University - West Plains is an alright college for the price. The education, facilities, and staff are decent. The chancellor and people who work here are corrupt and most don't do their jobs at all. All this college cares about are sports, and if you're on the sports team, you're royalty and can get away with murder. Dorms are gross and not worth the 4500 a semester. Choose somewhere else if you have the chance.

Katarina

This college does a great job at getting freshman comfortable and involved! The students leading the younger ones do a great job at being welcoming and helpful, and do a great job keeping people informed. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful and are available almost all of the time via email. I have gotten a lot out of the classes I've taken, and I enjoy the accessibility through online, seated, and blended classes.

Billie

For a two-year college, it's pretty great. It's one of the only two-year A+ colleges in Missouri, and it has a great Outreach program if you want to get your Bachelor's here. The highlight of this campus is, without a doubt, the Honors program. The demographic is mostly country, with a few geeks and preppies. There's also a small black population, mostly out of St. Louis.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Volleyball is a huge sport on campus. The team draws people from all over Europe to play. Basketball is also pretty big.

I wish someone had told me to stay on campus instead of commuting. I miss all the student life.

Braxton

Missouri State University-West Plains was a perfect select for a learning institution. The class sizes are small and gives students much learning opportunities than others. Academics are #1 at MSU-WP, there are many programs and tutoring labs to help you succeed in your classes, failure is most definitely not an option. The student races are predominately Caucasian and African American, the teachers are all white also. Everyone in the school communicates, and hangs out regardless of race and gender. The teachers and students are awesome to communicate with on daily bases. The Shoe Factory Housing are lofts for students on campus, the meal plans, cable, rent and wifi is very reasonable and I recommend MSU-WP to many students wishing to fulfill an education.

Chris

College is not all fun and games. Its not about just hanging out with your friends all the time and sitting around doing nothing. College is hard work but it is very rewarding when you accomplish your goals. It is within your power to be successful in college and accomplish your goals as long as you work hard at it.

All of the instructors and staff are very kind and helpful. They actually care about the students.

The most frusturating thing about my school is that we don't have a whole lot of scholarships and financial aid avaliable.

Patricia

I have yet to start school in Missouri. However, the classmates I had in California were rather less college-oriented than I was.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school senior self that I needed to get more involved in applying for scholarships online and locally. I think it would also have helped had I known to talk to advisors about financial aid. I would have been better prepared had I known to visit an array of colleges rather than settling for the local community college. I would tell the high school version of me that I am very proud of the work that I have achieved so far and that, as long as I am prepared, college will be a fun experiences.

I am currently starting out at a new college, and I think that there is a lot of confusion of what is expected from me. The advisor I have talked to was very helpful and she answered all of my questions, but I think my time would have been better spent reading literature that gives me a direct list of what needs to be done and how before the first day of class.

Missouri State University-West Plains administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.