Missouri State University-West Plains Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Missouri State University-West Plains

Kailie

Missouri state University - West Plains is an alright college for the price. The education, facilities, and staff are decent. The chancellor and people who work here are corrupt and most don't do their jobs at all. All this college cares about are sports, and if you're on the sports team, you're royalty and can get away with murder. Dorms are gross and not worth the 4500 a semester. Choose somewhere else if you have the chance.

Lana

There are some teachers who show hatred to certain students, but they are few generally far between. My two advisers were amazing at helping me out when I needed the help. Several teachers really made you step out of your comfort zone to explore your self and your surroundings. This is how I came to find out what I wanted to do for a career, so I am glad they did this.

Billie

For a two-year college, it's pretty great. It's one of the only two-year A+ colleges in Missouri, and it has a great Outreach program if you want to get your Bachelor's here. The highlight of this campus is, without a doubt, the Honors program. The demographic is mostly country, with a few geeks and preppies. There's also a small black population, mostly out of St. Louis.

Blake

It was a great stepping stone for me during the start of my college career. I enjoyed my time there. The class sizes are small but you get more one on one time with professors, which is really nice when taking your more advanced classes. Overall I was very glad to attend this college.

Braxton

Missouri State University-West Plains was a perfect select for a learning institution. The class sizes are small and gives students much learning opportunities than others. Academics are #1 at MSU-WP, there are many programs and tutoring labs to help you succeed in your classes, failure is most definitely not an option. The student races are predominately Caucasian and African American, the teachers are all white also. Everyone in the school communicates, and hangs out regardless of race and gender. The teachers and students are awesome to communicate with on daily bases. The Shoe Factory Housing are lofts for students on campus, the meal plans, cable, rent and wifi is very reasonable and I recommend MSU-WP to many students wishing to fulfill an education.

Katarina

This college does a great job at getting freshman comfortable and involved! The students leading the younger ones do a great job at being welcoming and helpful, and do a great job keeping people informed. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful and are available almost all of the time via email. I have gotten a lot out of the classes I've taken, and I enjoy the accessibility through online, seated, and blended classes.

Sophia

Eh, it was okay, but I only went because I was dual enrolled through the local high school. It was amazing for having that experience and every course was fairly easy. I would not have gone if I were a graduated senior and was looking for the "true college experience." I do love many of the professors at this school. Most are always willing to work with you and give extra help and feedback.

Gabriella

My opinion of the school is that it's a pretty good school. I have not met any openly crazy people or many creepy people. Professors are good and helpful, there are plenty of opportunities of getting help or tutoring with homework and opportunities for counseling if needed.

Vanessa

I have earned my Associates in General Studies through MSU and currently pursuing my nursing degree. I feel like the teachers care and are invested in the students and the courses they teach. It is affordable which is important to me as well. I feel like it is a good option for a smaller town setting.