Rolla, MO
Missouri University of Science and Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri University of Science and Technology

Caleb

Our school is best known for producing quality engineers, but also for having a huge St. Pat's celebration as St. Pat is the patron saint of engineers.

The Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, MO is the best engineering school in the state, and it rivals such school as Texas A&M and MIT in intelligence. It is also relatively cheap compared to some larger school for the valu of the degree you get.

Don't get so caught up in friends and others that you forget about yourself. You will have a lot of fun in college, and you will meet a lot of people and make many friends. Some of these friends will become your best friends, others will stay friends, some will forget you, you will forget others, and some will even decide to not like you anymore. Cherish all of them and appreciate them for who they truly are, but make sure to stay focused on you and your studies. You will have to make some sacrifices to get your school work done, and some friends will abandon you for this, but there will be some there who know you are trying to get an education for a better life, and these friends will be there for you. Study hard, Love everyone, and everyone who loves you will help you succeed and be who you are. Don;t be afraid to let go of friends who let you go, and show your appreciation for those that stick by you. And of course, have fun and be safe. Love, Yourself

Brian

Rolla is a top-notch school with friendly students and faculty, and is great for people who are used to small school sizes.

My biggest problem throughout all of high school was that I was always told how smart, creative, etc. I was in middle school, and this led to complacency in high school. High school was a very easy time for me, and I put less than 50% into everything I did, and always ended up passing without any issues. That's fine and dandy for when you're sending your information to colleges and you can say you had a 3.5+ cumulative GPA. Well, as soon as you get to college you literally have to re-wire your brain and learn how to study, on top of getting used to an entire new environment. If I could go back, I would tell myself to do my homework, put some effort and pride into what you do, and fill out more scholarships because college is expensive!

When I would tell my friends about my school, I made sure to let them know how devoted all of the students there were. There were many nights I stayed up with approximately 10-15 other students, working on homework for 5+ hours at a time, and everyone was willing to help. That was my favorite part about Missouri S&T.

William

Now past senior me i know you are going to slack off a bit and drink a lot when you first get to college. This is A-okay. However, don't drink so much on your birthday cause that will really cause some problems at your school. Also, do ALL of your homework and turn it in. I know your excited to be meeting new friends and living in the same building as them, but you need to keep your grades about the minimum for your scholarships. You don't wanna lose them they really help out a lot. Not saying you have to kill yourself with the work load, just don't do just the minimum. I know your smart and can get decent grades without trying much, but actually try the expirience and the knowledge you will gain will be much better than not missing the first 30 minutes of a movie in your friend's room. You might even be able to get a 4.0 if you really try your best! Just do a bit more than the minimum this time, high school is over you've had your slacking days, now grow up.

That it is 75% guys in a small town. This really makes it harder to get out and meet women, and they are all going to be engineering women which usually are not as attractive as other women. It's really not too terrible of a thing, but it definitely can get a bit frustrating at times when you wanna meet some chicks or at parties.

Someone who wants to be a very successful engineer and can stick through the heavy coursework and tough classes. They should probably also have some experience with alcohol because all engineers do in the country in their free time is drink and play video games.

Andrea

Missour S&T is one of the highest ranked engineering colleges in the United States. Unlike some of my other options, it is ranked within the top 5 highest ranked engineering colleges in the nation. Due to its large engineering community, Missouri S&T is widely known for it St. Patricks day celebration. Since St. Patrick is the Patron saint of engineers, St. Patricks day is largely celebrated in this community. S&T is also know for it's on campus nuclear reactor and experimental mine.

If I could go back and give myself any piece of advice, it would be don't worry about what you want to do with the rest of your life right now. The majority of college is about self-discovery and finding out what truly makes you happy. Research fields that interest you and don't write off your passion just because you don't think it will serve you monetarily. Take more time out for your hobbies, because they will have a great impact in discovering your path to happiness. Try new things everyday, because, as it turns out, you may discover that you love doing a task you would of never considered previously. I would also tell myself to join more teams of any kind, because teambuilding is important for being a futrue innovator and leader. Plus having excellent people skills can greatly aid you in making connections with other students and future employers. Finally, the most important thing I would have to say is, no matter what, just do whatever brings you joy and makes you feel passionate. These are the key steps to making the transition to college life and being successful.

Missouri University of Science and technology has a high male population and low female one. The problem with this is, sometimes female opionion and needs on campus are overlooked. For example, the lack of a great multitude of women, means that women's restrooms are hard to come by. The University is definitely a male dominated campus.

Clarice

Missouri S&T is a well known and respected engineering school. However, it is also very well known for it's very large St. Patrick's Day celebration, which stretches about the length of a week, and features a variety of different activities, including a parade, a free concert, and a series of competitions known as "Follies" at a campus landmark, the Puck.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be as stressed about college, and enjoy my senior year a little more. I spent a large portion of my senior year wringing my hands about how difficult college was going to be, about how I was going to pay for college, and whether or not I would somehow ruin it all. Everything worked out well, and I am currently in good academic standing. It wasn't nearly as hard as I made it out to be. I would tell myself to enjoy the smaller things in life that are gone now, like spending time with my family and friends every day, and not having quite as many adult responisbilities. I would also tell myself not to worry about making friends, which was a large stressor for me. In the beginning, most people don't have well-established friendships, but you make them after a short time. Even though the first week of college was hard, the second made me feel at home. Ultimately, I would tell myself to look at college as a vast opportunity for growth, not an obstacle.

The school itself is great, but there is a definite lack of women, which has resulted in a shortage of women's restrooms.

Adam

Large number of engineering degrees available.

Large number of engineering degrees available.

It is very important to implement good study habits in high school. Learn to manage your time wisely and don't slack. Once you get behind, it is hard to catch up. Treat college like a job.Do your best and you will succeed. Go to class, pay attention and study when you have available time.

THe number of degrees available and the percentage of students who obtain a great job upon graduation.

Phillip

At Rolla, some classes give you the opportunity to skip the final by having good grades throughout the semester, unlike most schools. The only bad unique thing about the school is the low girl to guy ratio, but that's just like at most technological schools.

During your transition from high school and college of the summer months, give away your game systems. This will allow more time for studying and homework, which you will get a lot of. Before you start moving in get a list of everything you might possibility need during college. Note not to take too much, this will make it difficult to move in and out. Lastly before you go, learn how to do your own laundry. You can even wear some of the same clothes at school to cut down on laundry, this is especially helpful if you have to pay to use the washer and dryer. Once you get at school, make sure to make friends. Especially important is that these friends are to relieve stress and most importantly study groups! Don't spend your time procrastinating.

The best thing about Rolla is definitely the education. Its been ranked several times as having one of the top starting salaries in the Midwest.

Blair

There is no such thing as "the college experience." Those three words are thrown out by college admission representatives, advisors, parents, teachers, friends and they honestly are not definable. Everyone is different and the most important part of choosing a college and making the tranistion from high school to college is to find the place that will help you move forward in your life. There are three things that are crucial about your choice. You should feel comfortable at your school, you should have a plan for paying for your degree, and the school should be able to help you move forward with your career goals. These three aspects seem obvious but I've seen my peers make choices based on acheiving "the college experience" and graduate with loans that they are unable to pay off. Go to a school that you can afford to pay for and make sure that you obtain a degree in an area you are interested in and that will secure you a job at the end of four years. College is about having fun but also about setting yourself up for success in your life. Be confident and make your own college experience.

The amount it costs...but every school is expensive.

A person that doesn't like to get bored and likes to try new things should attend this school.

Carol

I get along with pretty much all of my classmates, except for the ones who aren't nice to anyone and I love going to school here.

My advice would be to explore your college options and to not worry about the money right now. College is your time to shine and have a great time and to meet new and long lasting friends. As long as you work hard and can keep up with the homework and tests, then you can have as much fun as you want.

The worse thing I consider about my school would be the fact that they still offer 8am classes, which I have a really hard time waking up for.

Stacy

The school is very accesible for students and offers great oppurtunities such as traveling abroad and internships.There is a minority of females on the campus.

A person who can't stand heavy workloads, hard classes, and math.Effort and hard work is required for the classes.

Missouri University of Science and Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.