Rolla, MO
Missouri University of Science and Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri University of Science and Technology

Adam

Large number of engineering degrees available.

Large number of engineering degrees available.

It is very important to implement good study habits in high school. Learn to manage your time wisely and don't slack. Once you get behind, it is hard to catch up. Treat college like a job.Do your best and you will succeed. Go to class, pay attention and study when you have available time.

THe number of degrees available and the percentage of students who obtain a great job upon graduation.

Phillip

At Rolla, some classes give you the opportunity to skip the final by having good grades throughout the semester, unlike most schools. The only bad unique thing about the school is the low girl to guy ratio, but that's just like at most technological schools.

During your transition from high school and college of the summer months, give away your game systems. This will allow more time for studying and homework, which you will get a lot of. Before you start moving in get a list of everything you might possibility need during college. Note not to take too much, this will make it difficult to move in and out. Lastly before you go, learn how to do your own laundry. You can even wear some of the same clothes at school to cut down on laundry, this is especially helpful if you have to pay to use the washer and dryer. Once you get at school, make sure to make friends. Especially important is that these friends are to relieve stress and most importantly study groups! Don't spend your time procrastinating.

The best thing about Rolla is definitely the education. Its been ranked several times as having one of the top starting salaries in the Midwest.

Blair

There is no such thing as "the college experience." Those three words are thrown out by college admission representatives, advisors, parents, teachers, friends and they honestly are not definable. Everyone is different and the most important part of choosing a college and making the tranistion from high school to college is to find the place that will help you move forward in your life. There are three things that are crucial about your choice. You should feel comfortable at your school, you should have a plan for paying for your degree, and the school should be able to help you move forward with your career goals. These three aspects seem obvious but I've seen my peers make choices based on acheiving "the college experience" and graduate with loans that they are unable to pay off. Go to a school that you can afford to pay for and make sure that you obtain a degree in an area you are interested in and that will secure you a job at the end of four years. College is about having fun but also about setting yourself up for success in your life. Be confident and make your own college experience.

The amount it costs...but every school is expensive.

A person that doesn't like to get bored and likes to try new things should attend this school.

Carol

I get along with pretty much all of my classmates, except for the ones who aren't nice to anyone and I love going to school here.

My advice would be to explore your college options and to not worry about the money right now. College is your time to shine and have a great time and to meet new and long lasting friends. As long as you work hard and can keep up with the homework and tests, then you can have as much fun as you want.

The worse thing I consider about my school would be the fact that they still offer 8am classes, which I have a really hard time waking up for.

Stacy

The school is very accesible for students and offers great oppurtunities such as traveling abroad and internships.There is a minority of females on the campus.

A person who can't stand heavy workloads, hard classes, and math.Effort and hard work is required for the classes.

Heather

All of its unique traditions such as st pats and graduations. it focus on each student and how much everyone loves to learn.

In high school I was not very worried about my future and was not worried about college but if I could go back I would tell myself many things. Start saving money and work hard during the summer. Dont worry about friends so much and worry more about working because you will make lots of friends in college that are on the same path as you. Pick a college where you can focus on schooling and not the activities around it. Apply for lots of scholarships because working while in college is very distracting and can make you focus on other stuff that is not good for you. While in college soak it all in, all the crazy traditions and classes. Moving to Missouri from Arizona away from family is very scary but Missouri Science and Technology is the school of your dreams.

How hard some of the classes are. you learn a lot but you have to know how to study and how to retain it,

Andrew

I didn't have the greatest study habbit in highschool, though I still did very well. My first few weeks in college kicked my butt. I would go back in time to tell myself to practice good study habits so I can excell to my fullest potential in college.

That my school is one of the top rated schools in the nation for engineering and science degrees. Our professors have written countless books and are grade-A professors. The community is small, but you feel at home. We have many study abroad programs that enable students to experience different environments and cultures.

TImothy

My college experience has been over halfway across the country from everything I have previously known and my family. Because of this, I have learned important life skills within my academic and social life that I otherwise would have not recieved if I had not been pushed out of my comfort zone and met a new "family" at college that could help me. They help me to understand the true meaning of family life, before them, all I knew was the stereotypical "mom, dad, kids" family life, but they taught me the struggles of being raised in a family that was not exactly experiencing the "American Dream". Not every domestic environment is what pop culture makes it out to be and through hearing of others struggles, I have been more prepared to face the future issues that may arise and have a more driven goal of helping families in those sorts of situations. I have learned that my "family" needs me as much as I need them and I wouldnt trade that experience for anything else. That "family" need is what drives me to do all that I can for myself and others.

The surrounding area is full of rivers and hiking trails that make great weekend getaways.

The course work is very demanding, both mentally and time, but in the end it is worth every minute based on the job offers and the recognition a degree from this institution recieves.

Forrest

Attending MS&T has been an eye-opening experience for me so far! I grew up in a rural area and attended a small school. My teachers and fellow students were great, but I was never exposed to a diverse cultural and ethnical population or given opportunities to learn a variety of different life views and perspectives. The faculty and students at MS&T have allowed me to experience all of that. The school is small enough that students and faculty can get to know each other much better than at a large college. By being involved in student government and study groups, I have been able to meet and learn from a diverse population, and that has been an awesome experience in itself. MS&T has also opened my eyes to the huge variety of opportunities out there for me as an engineering major. The school has exposed me to so many different occupations that I had no idea existed in that field. My advisors and professors have gotten to know my interests and dreams and have guided me tremendously towards my educational career so far. The value of my college experience at MS&Thas been unmeasurable!

I did well in high school. However, my high school math teachers allowed students to use calculators. At MS&T, calculators are seldom used. I wish that I had known that so I could have applied what I learned in high school math (without the use of a calculator) to the way the math professors teach and expect from students at MS&T.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be one who is very serious about his education and be willing to sacrifice most of his free time to dedicate it to studying. The emphasis at this school is highly academic! There is no room for goofing off, putting off studying or not completing assignments. At the same time, this school is located in a small town. So, a person who enjoys the big city or large campus life would probably not enjoy this MS&T's setting.

Steven

I have learned to be on my own. There's no one there to do your laundry or take care of things. This has been valuable to me because it has helped me grow up. I've gone from z dependent child to an independent man is less than a year. Being on my own has made me realize what it is like to live on my own and know how to budget money.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want to work. This school is very demanding of your time. This is not a party school.

The best thing about the school is how they seem to embrace you when you enter as a freshman. There is a student on each floor called an RA who is there to help you get familiar with the school and answers any questions you may have about freshman life.

Missouri University of Science and Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.