Rolla, MO
Missouri University of Science and Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Missouri University of Science and Technology

Anthony

MST is a very lively school, with individuals of various backgrounds and goals. The campus in itself is a work of art, and the students roaming the grounds keep it alive with various activities, such as opening week. the amount of opportunity here is astounding, and I can't wait to experience more as I progress through the grade levels.

Malcolm

Really good college not to expensive can be troublesome to recieve aid unless u get higher than a 24 on act and they except 21 but it's really hard if you don't have someone to help you pay this is a hard college academically always go to tutoring. A lot of fun events and groups join something early and make friend so you have someone to cry with and eat ice cream while you cram for midterms.....(not speaking from experience >.<

Shane

Overall, Missouri S&T is a good school if you are looking to major in some kind of engineering. However, the food in the area is subpar, the population of Rolla is so conservative that it's terrifying, and the parking in and around campus is abysmal. All of that being said, this college is small and walkable, and frankly, it's academics are unparalleled for its price range.

Cynthia

Missouri University of Science and Technology is a great college to come and learn with excellent faulty and resources to take advantage of, such as career opportunities and employer relations which help be prepare for anything relating to getting you into the right path to your career, the writing center, LEAD tutoring, etc. Although, it is located in the middle of a farm county and plus, Missouri S&T is not big on parties nor drugs. We are a smoke-free campus also!

Warren

It is a school focused on education and the students reflect that. The professors are accessible and can be easily reached by email. The residence halls are either new and expensive or old . The food is okay. The surrounding area is a small town in the middle of nowhere. The students and teachers are focused on academics and learning, so if that's what you are going to college for it is a perfect fit for you.

Chloe

This is a overall great school. The academics are off the charts and the campus is very practical, and everything is easily accessible. However, there are some things a prospective student should know. 1. If you are a women, it can sometimes be challenging. The ratio at this school is 4:1 guy to girl. This can sometimes pose of problem when is comes to girls making friends. Also, women have to understand that since it is mostly males, males make most of the descions when it comes to clubs and organizations.

S&T is the way to be!

S&T is the way to be!

S&T is a great school for those who are mathematically inclined. However, if you only want to party this school is not for you, although many partake in that extracurricular activity. School is very close knit and it is a friendly environment. Professors are great and will always be there if you need them.

Katlyn

S&T is very acidemically oriented and the small student population makes it easy to make friends within your field of study and makes classrooms comfortable because there are always familiar faces.

If I could give advice to myself as a high school student I would tell myself to be skeptical of people as I venture out on my own. I would also tell myself to be more confident in myself and academic abilities and not let other people make me feel inferior to them because they came from larger high schools than me. I would also tell myself tohave a better attitude about doing track and field as a collegiate athlete and really enjoy the time I have to run and the memories made. The last, and most important thing I would tell myself is not to try and please anyone or worry about being judged by them. Do what you want and what makes you happy, no matter what.

The most frustrating thing about S&T are the tests given by some professors, which do not cover material learned in class or make the test questions much harder than what was taught.

Marissa

I would tell myself to not worry or stress so much in high school because I am going to end up going to a community college, which is so much cheaper especially if I was undecided on what my major was going to be in High school! I would tell myself that what I am learning now in high school is only half of what I am going to be learning in college; therefore, shouldn't stress myself out so much on the hw because I am going to be learning it again as a review for most of my classes. I would also tell myself to maybe think about taking classes at my college as a senior in high school just so I can get a head start on my General Education and maybe even Major classes. Those are some of the pieces of advice I would give myself as a senior in high school, I probably wouldn't listen to them because I am stubborn and like to learn things my own way, but I would consider them.

The best thing about the school is that it is bigger than all other community colleges near me and various courses I can take, such as sciences or math. They have different math courses and science courses that aren't found on a community college near me. Also, there is major diversity at my school, making it easier to make friends and not be so lonely when you have breaks during classes. I also like that they have so many resources for jobs, financial aid or whatever your situation is, they have it!

Parking & the courses available for students. When I first arrived at mt sac, I received a really late registration date & could only get 2 or three classes that I didn't really need to get but as I look back, I am glad I got them. This school should add more availble courses for a lot of classes because there are so many people who want the same of one class and they only have one open class available. The parking is another issue because they have a small parking structure compared to a university or another community college.

Mary

My college is a public university, but feels more like a private institution. We may have numerous students, but it's the perfect amount considering our ideal student-to-faculty ratio. Every teacher I had this semester knew my name and wanted me to succeed in their class. I'm comfortable emailing them or meeting them during their office hours because I can sense that they enjoy the time they use to converse with their students and help them understand difficult material. I also love that because everyone is an engeering major, we're all eager to help one another.

I enter my bedroom to see myself hard at work on the 16th and final scholarship I applied for during my senior year. My face is contorted in an unattractive way, focusing on the blank Word document on my computer screen. I spin myself around in my computer chair and stare straight into my own eyes. "Calm down and breathe a moment," I say, "I know it can be stressful thinking about college, but everything will turn out all right. Your strong work ethic is to be admired, but sometimes perfection cannot be achieved. Always try your hardest, but don't be afraid to relax and do something you love. Get involved in college, but make sure you join at least one club you'll truly enjoy participating in. Be more outgoing and willing to make new friends. If you smile and have a positive attitude, things will surely work out for the best. Also, be eager to help others because one day they will probably return the favor. Hang out with people that have the same goals as you and surround yourself with positive influences. Keep your ultimate goal in mind, but don't be afraid to have fun."

Because a large majority of the students are engineers, many of us are considered introverts. Many lack the social skills that are important for networking, which may prove to be a problem when trying to find a job. It can also make for a boring campus life sometimes, but this can also be an advantage when everyone is focused on studying. Another issue many consider when deciding whether to come to my university is the heavily lopsided male-to-female ratio. It can be tough being a female on a male-dominated campus, but you get used to it.

Missouri University of Science and Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.