Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

My classmates are on-the-whole a very intelligent group of people. Engineering schools have a predominantly male make-up of the student body, and my shcool is no different. But I think there is enough racial and gender diversity to make this a great learning environment. It is really nice being surrounded by intellectual peers.

They are mostly male and engineering majors. Most are between the ages of 18 and 30, mostly white. There has been a recent increase in women and students of diverse ethnicity. Most of the students on campus are relatively serious about their studies. Alcohol use exists among students, but not generally excessive.

Believe it or not, there's a group for everyone. Students that come to MST are the students that felt out of place in high school for the most part. But all of the nerds come together here. I think there's some student interaction, but most of the social life is in the Greek life.

-liberal arts students would feel out of place somewhat -clothing differs on background of each student four tables-1. athletes, 2. freshman, 3. African Americans, 4. quad nerds -middle class income mostly, with some well off -everyone always talks about future income

Your classmates here are more often than not going to be very helpful people of which understand and sympathize with your struggles, as well as help you get past them. The people I've come to know here are a great bunch, and one never goes around forgotten here.

Everyone at Missouri S&T is driven to succeed, as is necessary for those pursuing a career in science and engineering, and the difficulty of the university creates a unity among students as everyone helps each other to learn and apply their studies.

We are fairly well mixed and the same age. There are a lot of Indian-cultured people there as well as Asians. It seems like there are a lot of students from St. Louis and Kansas City, but I also know people from as far away as Oregon and Georgia.

Most students are politcally retarded. Most people just care about finishing school so they can get a job that doesn't suck. Campus is predominately white. Lots of international students though, primarily from India and the Middle East.

Many of my classes are composed of classmates of many different ethnicities and heritage; socially speaking, you can find anything from the nerdiest, introverted freak-of-nature to the "coolest" kid in town.

My classmates are intelligent, helpful, friendly, and scientifically minded; they all have similar interests in science, engineering, and math, which makes it very easy to find things in common with them.