Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

not a liberal campus. i'd advise liberals to stay away.

My classmates are nerdy, fun, studious, and friendly.

My classmates are very helpful and kind.

I think we're pretty well balanced.

Too many of them don't care.

Intelligent introverts.

Very friendly people.

Down to earth.

Tools.

I wouldn't say this campus is extremely diverse, but most students are pretty open and accepting of new ideas and cultures. There are a decently large portion of international student enrolled. The type of person that would feel out of place would be anyone who was non-technical, politically loud (about certain issues), liberal arts major who was a pompous wind bag, but they would be so concerned about themself that they wouldn't realize they were out of place. Other people who might feel out of place would be townies that haven't and don't go to college. Most students wear some sort of pants and some type of shirt, usually a t-shirt and jeans, but some wear slacks and button up shirts. Some of the girls put a lot of effort into their appearance where as others don't give a crap. Really, it doesn't matter what you are wearing, if you are a girl in Rolla you can get a date. Now, whether you would agree to that date is another matter entirely. Most students come from the Midwest and small town America. Many students are on the conservative side of the spectrum, but there are many left leaning students. On the whole Missouri S&T students are pretty much politically in the middle. Some students go around bragging about how much they will be making, but a lot of them also talk about the type of difference that they are making. The best way to interact with different types of students is to join a non-academic organization or a design team that needs a lot of different majors.