Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

It seems that when I got to MS&T the campus was very conservative, but it seems to be getting more and more liberal, which in my opinion sucks because people are getting offended easy, and rules are being strictly enforced. Most kids wear jeans, t-shirt and a hat to class - usually you'll only see people dressed up if they have an interview, presentation, or they are in a fraternity. Most kids are either from Missouri or from out of the country. Usually the only interaction between people are forced for studying, or working together.

A lot of the African American students gather together in the lunch area, while the rest of the students are more evenly dispersed. Most Missouri S&T students are from Missouri or neighboring states, but we have students from almost all 50 states. We also have lots of foreign students, namely Petroleum Engineering majors (Middle-Eastern). We also keep in mind our annual income that we'll be making, once we graduate. Job placement is exceptionally high.

Most students are stereotypical "dormies". Guys people that spend all of their time watching japanese cartoons, playing online video games, and wearing their keys on carabiners attached to the belt loops of their jorts. There is a signifcant segregation between racial groups, but never anything hostile, violent or otherwise tense. Since the campus is mostly missouri and illinois residents, no great cultural differences separate groups.

At MS&T the students are very tolerant of each other. You rarely hear of a fight breaking out between races. The homosexuals mingle with the bisexuals and the straights. The blacks mingle with the Asians mingle with the whites. Religiously.... I don't know, don't really care. There are a lot more guys than girls. If you are not an engineer you might feel out of place, like a culinary major would definitely be out of place.

Majrotiy of the students are from Missouri but I have met students from all over the country and all over the world. There is a strong gathering of Indiam students and they have their own organizations and events that cater towards their lifestyle and culture (very interesting).

There is a wide variety of eithnicity at Missouri S&T. In order of the largest majority of population: Caucasians, African Americans, Indians, Asians.

THe school is white male, and white female. It's redicilous how much so. The school population of males is 99% white male, actual figure.

Has a mixture of all races, but only about 15% of student body are females.

mostly white, but there are a lot of foreign echanges

No girls. That about sums it up.