Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

MST students ARE geeky, and most are quite computer savvy. Everyone and their brother plays WoW, M:tG, D&D, and various other video and computer games. While many students spend a lot of time locked in their rooms, the vast majority of the students are actually quite social and friendly. Most of the students are male, which does influence the social attitude and culture.

The stereotypes are mostly true. The majority of students are nerdy. A smaller percentage would be considered nerds. Many students' lives revolve completely around their school work. The other groups are the athletes and the St. Pats group. They are the most normal.

Many students that attend MS&T don't aim for engineering degrees. This university is full of opportunities that suit many different degree requirements. This is true; more guys attend MS&T than girls, currently. Slowly, more women are joining the campus though!

to an extent. there are only 25% women, but going greek will insure that you always have something to do with tons of really awesome people. Missouri S&T has it's share of nerdy people, but it's not like there is no social scene. Boredom is rarely an issue.

There are some people who fit each of these categories, and a disporportionate number of them are members of frats. Everyone is nerdy in someway but this isn't a bad thing as it lets nearly anyone fit in, regardless of interests.

Most of these allegations are accurate. The coursework is truly challenging. Many of the students are bright but not all. Outside of campus the town is completely dead and filled with ignorant savages.

1.The girl is only 25% girls at this point, but the second half is pure opinion 2.There are plenty of business and humanities majors 3.Not unless you completely separate yourself from people

No way! There are some kids who do that, but not everyone. There is a great deal of very unique people here, and so long as you set out to explore the crowd, you will find something awesome.

some of us are nerds, we do have a very good engineering/computer science program, and we will conquer the world, but we probably won't take revenge on the jerks from high school

Yes on girls. About 33% of the guys are 100% nerds/geeks, and of course we drink.