Missouri University of Science and Technology Top Questions

for the most part, but the company is all good, so it works out

Tate

There are some people who fit each of these categories, and a disporportionate number of them are members of frats. Everyone is nerdy in someway but this isn't a bad thing as it lets nearly anyone fit in, regardless of interests.

There are a lot of nerdy guys and very few girls, but you choose your own friends, and if thats not who you are, then you don't have to hang out with them

MST students ARE geeky, and most are quite computer savvy. Everyone and their brother plays WoW, M:tG, D&D, and various other video and computer games. While many students spend a lot of time locked in their rooms, the vast majority of the students are actually quite social and friendly. Most of the students are male, which does influence the social attitude and culture.

Yes.

Yes.

Jody

yes

Torry

pretty much

Missouri S&T is definately challenging, but not impossible. It also can be dull sometimes, but that's when nobody knows what to do on the weekends. If you have any imagination at all you won't be bored though. The students are sometimes introverted nerds there are also plenty of outgoing ones. Everyone I have met on this campus is extremely intelligent. As for the drunken times, it's no worse than any other campus; there are plenty of lively frats, but there are also plenty of places to go where there is no drinking.

Yasser

very much true

Most of these allegations are accurate. The coursework is truly challenging. Many of the students are bright but not all. Outside of campus the town is completely dead and filled with ignorant savages.

some of us are nerds, we do have a very good engineering/computer science program, and we will conquer the world, but we probably won't take revenge on the jerks from high school

Dustin

Very

Ash

Pretty accurate.

For the most pasrt, yes

for the most part.

Steve

Some

Toby

The stereotypes are mostly true. The majority of students are nerdy. A smaller percentage would be considered nerds. Many students' lives revolve completely around their school work. The other groups are the athletes and the St. Pats group. They are the most normal.

No way! There are some kids who do that, but not everyone. There is a great deal of very unique people here, and so long as you set out to explore the crowd, you will find something awesome.

Tim

Very true

For most of the Freshment class at least.

All of these are completely true.

Brad

Some are nerds and yes we need more girls.

Yes on girls. About 33{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the guys are 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} nerds/geeks, and of course we drink.

Social sterotypes are only true if you made it true. I was very social, and did not fall into nerd catagory, but I saw a few who did. There are not many women, but there are some good lookers, and not many lesbiens. Drinking is true, suicide is true.

about 70{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} accurate

to an extent. there are only 25{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} women, but going greek will insure that you always have something to do with tons of really awesome people. Missouri S&T has it's share of nerdy people, but it's not like there is no social scene. Boredom is rarely an issue.

The girl to guy ratio is accurate. People that live in dorms do play a lot of video games, but I think that SUB, RHA, and TJHA are giving people more reasons to come out and be social.

nick

mostly/to a certain point

mostly

Torry

no its just full of fags, so the ratio is dwindled. if you are cool you can hang out with girls

Ash

mostly

1.The girl is only 25{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} girls at this point, but the second half is pure opinion 2.There are plenty of business and humanities majors 3.Not unless you completely separate yourself from people

NO!

Many students that attend MS&T don't aim for engineering degrees. This university is full of opportunities that suit many different degree requirements. This is true; more guys attend MS&T than girls, currently. Slowly, more women are joining the campus though!