Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

Missouri S&T offers many opportunities to its students that might not be found elsewhere. It truly focuses on preparing students for the professional world and helps them place realistic expectations on themselves and their futures. There are countless ways to get involved on campus and gain experience that is both valuable and applicable in the professional world such as student design teams and other campus organizations. The career fair hosted once each semester allows students to approach companies that are interested in hiring graduates and can obtain both internship and co-ops through this process.

Well, one of the best parts about this school is that everything is super close together. To walk from one side of campus to another, it takes roughly 8 minutes. At some of my friends' schools, it takes them roughly 15 minutes taking a shuttle. Another awesome part about our school is that there is always some activity happening on campus. Every week, there can be up to 10 different events happening. That's very cool, but it makes figuring out what you want to do slightly difficult because there is so much to choose from.

The average income that a student makes in his first job after graduating here is very high. The percentage of students who have a job right after graduating is very high. The curriculum is a lot more dificult than at the average state university since the school is focused on engineering. You cannot just float along easily at this school, you really have to work hard. And we have a lot of school spirit because of our annual St. Pat's celebration that brings thousands to Rolla.

That you will feel at home. There's lots of opportunities for a school of its size; seize them and succeed. The relaxed atmosphere encourages learning and the faculty is always around to help. The diversity of engineering degrees is top notch. As for extra-curriculars, there's everything you can imagine, from ultimate frisbee, to a literary magazine, to a strong Greek life, as well as an independent govenment organisation. Rolla is a tiny gem that has it all.

I consider Missouri S@T (Formerly UMR) to be a very challenging school. I take pride when I receive an A and the majority of the class receives an F. That may sound arrogant, but that's how the real world works. That is why I feel a sense of security and pride when I mention my school to employers. I know that I've learned and accomplished a great deal by attending Missouri S@T.

That this is the place where all the nerdy and dorky kids come, everyone is used to being "the smart kid in school" and our courses here are harder than they are anywhere else. We're a bunch of students who learn, who are very smart, and who love to game and aren't afraid to dissect movies and tv shows about how terribly they're defying laws of physics.

The Career Opportunities and Employer Relations Office is what I would brag about the most. This part of my University is a great organization, its co-op and internship program. It allows students to get great experience in the engineering field. Our Career fair has 200 plus employers at it ever semester there just for engineers!

That my school is one of the top rated schools in the nation for engineering and science degrees. Our professors have written countless books and are grade-A professors. The community is small, but you feel at home. We have many study abroad programs that enable students to experience different environments and cultures.

When I would tell my friends about my school, I made sure to let them know how devoted all of the students there were. There were many nights I stayed up with approximately 10-15 other students, working on homework for 5+ hours at a time, and everyone was willing to help. That was my favorite part about Missouri S&T.

The thing I brag about most when I talk about Missouri University of Science and Technology is their standard for success. The graduates that come out of this school really have a huge life ahead of them, and are prepared with everything they need to face the real world.