Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

That it is 75% guys in a small town. This really makes it harder to get out and meet women, and they are all going to be engineering women which usually are not as attractive as other women. It's really not too terrible of a thing, but it definitely can get a bit frustrating at times when you wanna meet some chicks or at parties.

The worst thing about S&T is ratio of boys to girls. There is a 3:1 boy to girl ratio. This makes it difficult for male college students to find girlfriends. This also reflects the unfortunate reality that women are not being encouraged to enter the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields of study in college.

The worst thing about Missouri S&T is that there isn't much to do in the city of Rolla. Research says that students who are more active in the community do better in school. That is made difficult when there is nothing to do. But with a good group of friends you can stay active with game or movie nights or just study groups.

The worst thing about attending MS&T (which also ties in with the local community) would have to be the lack of culturally enhancing activities: ie. jazz clubs, art studios, dance clubs... I have found that a lot of students have a tendency to hit the bars on the weekend, because "there is nothing else to do".

The worst things about Missouri S&T is the lack of other opportunities. If someone decided to change majors, there is a limited amount of degrees offered here that are not STEM related. Also, Missouri S&T enrollment is made up of mostly males and a limited number of females.

I really enjoy Missouri S&T, but one disadvantage about my school is its location. Rolla is not known for having much to do nearby. Being located in a small town does, however, reduce the amount of available distractions and helps individuals concentrate on their studies.

I am very outgoing, so the level of engineering intellectuals who do not talk much can get on your nerves sometimes, but there are enough people like me around as to make it not really a factor...until you end up in their damn lab group.

The social life away from drinking including athletics. There are so few students at this campus that want to hang out without alcohol and few that attend sporting events. There are even fewer who actually play sports for fun.

At our school, there aren't as many women as there needs to be. Since it is an engineering, science, and technological university, it attracts more men than women leaving it with a ratio of 1 woman to every 3 men.

Having worked for the university, I noticed that in some areas of the school, there are very unprofessional members of leading staff that make decisions that might not be on behalf of the students, but the school.