Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Students are book smart but lack almost all common sense applications. Language and communication skills are almost completely lacking. Everyone is either a complete nerd and tool or they go get drunk all the time. Oh and there are these people called swampies that smell like ass. If you have seen the World of War Craft episode of South Park it nails them to a T.

It is perceived as an all guys school. This is mostly true. The campus is around 75% guys. Most students are considered nerds or nerdy, because their lives revolve around school. The students that do branch out from their studies are the most normal students at the university. These students participate in athletics and student government.

MS&T prides itself as an elite engineering school that offers some of the most challenging coursework in the Midwest. The school consists of a student body that is among the best and brightest in Missouri. The girl to guy ratio is really low. There is nothing to do in Rolla.

We are a bunch of nerds that were the typical outcasts at high school, and now we're getting the best education available here in the midwest, and after that we're out to conquer the world and take revenge on those who persecuted us. (that is a little overdone)

Well, it used to be called UMR, which was a well-reknowned engineering school, but the chancellor got a wild hair up his ass, and decided to change it. The students are typically anti-social nerds. We typically drink quite a bit per capita.

1.There are "no girls" at the school and the girls that are at the school aren't good looking 2.Everyone is an engineering/science/math major 3.People are unsociable

We don't have any girls. We are all nerds/geeks that don't have social lives and love LAN parties, and we drink a lot (but that's all colleges).

MST students are generally geeky, and computer savvy. They are stereotyped as being shy, introverted, awkward, and male.

There are no girls, everyone is really nerdy, there is nothing to do besides homework or drink beer

That all students here are engineers. That men out number women in the student body.