Missouri University of Science and Technology

« See more reviews of Missouri University of Science and Technology

I personally consider Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly University of Missouri-Rolla) as one of the top universities in the nation. Through the personal help given by each professor, the myriad opportunities for work study, internships, and co-ops even as a freshman, and the opportunities provided to students to participate in extracurricular activities (fencing club, departmental organizations, the university radio stations, etc.) Missouri S&T has created for me personally an ideal learning environment in which I am able to take responsibility for my life.

The professors care about the students. They always make sure that the student can succeed; however, they will offer aid, but they won't make the class easier. The students care about fellow students. A new student can ask a random student on campus for help and the new student can expect to receive that help. This school allows the students to receive a good technical background. This school's reputation is so good that companies come just to hire students from this school. If you work hard at this school, you'll get many rewards.

I chose Missouri University S&T because it is one of the best engineering schools in the nation. It is ranked in the top 10 in ROI (Return On Investment) in your education; even above Stanford! The other advantage that Missouri S&T offers is one of the top student-teacher ratio. I believe this is extremely important because haaving easy access to your professors will make a difference in your studies. Third on my list, I get to continue to play football in college! What more can I ask for at this point in my life?

When I consider the strengths of Missouri University of Science and Technology, three words come to mind: focus, oppurtunity, and knowledge. Missouri S&T is the most STEM focussed school in the state of Missouri. Oppurtunity is a disease here, and infects everyone who survives the 4 years. Professors and faculty are extremely knowledgable in their fields, and well communicate their knowledge to students. Combine all of these aspects and you get a University that produces intellectual, strong, and focussed citizens.

The best thing about the school is that it is bigger than all other community colleges near me and various courses I can take, such as sciences or math. They have different math courses and science courses that aren't found on a community college near me. Also, there is major diversity at my school, making it easier to make friends and not be so lonely when you have breaks during classes. I also like that they have so many resources for jobs, financial aid or whatever your situation is, they have it!

The best thing about Missouri S&T would be that the campus has over 200 recognized student organizations, 15 of those being design teams. The design teams are more than just for social reasons, it gives team building skills, leadership, communication, organization, hands on experience, budgeting, planning, and networking with the community, professors and other companies. It’s a great way to get involved while gaining real world skills.

The best thing about Missouri S&T is acceptance. No matter what the degree is or what you are like, it is easy to make friends. On a personal note, I am friends with a potroleum engineer, a computer scientist, and I'm a business management systems major. All of the degreees are very different, but yet we are tremendous friends. The education at the school is also tremendous. The teachers are extremely helpful.

The best thing about my school is the fact that most of the students here are people who actually enjoy subjects like math, which many people despise. Math has always been one of my favorite subjects and being around other people who enjoy it as well has allowed me to find confidence in myself and realize that liking math is a great thing that I should be proud of istead of something I should hide.

The best thing about my school is that it is really hard and challenging. This is the best thing about my school because it really helps me to learn the material and prepare me for the real world. My school has also built up a reputation for being a good school because it is so hard which really helps when it comes to finding a job or internship.

Missouri University of Science and technology has a high male population and low female one. The problem with this is, sometimes female opionion and needs on campus are overlooked. For example, the lack of a great multitude of women, means that women's restrooms are hard to come by. The University is definitely a male dominated campus.