Missouri University of Science and Technology Top Questions

The best thing about the school is that it is bigger than all other community colleges near me and various courses I can take, such as sciences or math. They have different math courses and science courses that aren't found on a community college near me. Also, there is major diversity at my school, making it easier to make friends and not be so lonely when you have breaks during classes. I also like that they have so many resources for jobs, financial aid or whatever your situation is, they have it!

The availability of student programs for a wide range of interests that a student could possibly join. Ranging from building cars, professional societies, and even a skydiving club.

Koobtsheej

I chose Missouri University S&T because it is one of the best engineering schools in the nation. It is ranked in the top 10 in ROI (Return On Investment) in your education; even above Stanford! The other advantage that Missouri S&T offers is one of the top student-teacher ratio. I believe this is extremely important because haaving easy access to your professors will make a difference in your studies. Third on my list, I get to continue to play football in college! What more can I ask for at this point in my life?

The best thing about Missouri S&T would be that the campus has over 200 recognized student organizations, 15 of those being design teams. The design teams are more than just for social reasons, it gives team building skills, leadership, communication, organization, hands on experience, budgeting, planning, and networking with the community, professors and other companies. It’s a great way to get involved while gaining real world skills.

Randall

The best thing about Missouri S&T is acceptance. No matter what the degree is or what you are like, it is easy to make friends. On a personal note, I am friends with a potroleum engineer, a computer scientist, and I'm a business management systems major. All of the degreees are very different, but yet we are tremendous friends. The education at the school is also tremendous. The teachers are extremely helpful.

Mason

When I consider the strengths of Missouri University of Science and Technology, three words come to mind: focus, oppurtunity, and knowledge. Missouri S&T is the most STEM focussed school in the state of Missouri. Oppurtunity is a disease here, and infects everyone who survives the 4 years. Professors and faculty are extremely knowledgable in their fields, and well communicate their knowledge to students. Combine all of these aspects and you get a University that produces intellectual, strong, and focussed citizens.

Mathias

The best thing about my school is that it is really hard and challenging. This is the best thing about my school because it really helps me to learn the material and prepare me for the real world. My school has also built up a reputation for being a good school because it is so hard which really helps when it comes to finding a job or internship.

One of the best things about this school is the connections and networks it has with companies and the amount of academic resourses they provide for students to become successful. Professors are willing to help you succed if you ask, and they provide learning centers for students to ask questions or recieve help if they need any.

joshua

The environment, from the classes, to the professors, from the students to the facilities, all the varied opportunities that are available to students which are advertised and quite accesible to all students, and the amazing history and community spirit that goes into historical festivities in the entire town.

Jared

Career focused. Professional.

Brennan

The educational value of the classes here surpass any classes I have ever taken. The university holds very high standards when it comes to the quality of our education. The university's classes make sure the students are prepared for anything when entering the work force.

The best thing about my school is the fact that most of the students here are people who actually enjoy subjects like math, which many people despise. Math has always been one of my favorite subjects and being around other people who enjoy it as well has allowed me to find confidence in myself and realize that liking math is a great thing that I should be proud of istead of something I should hide.

Missouri University of Science and technology has a high male population and low female one. The problem with this is, sometimes female opionion and needs on campus are overlooked. For example, the lack of a great multitude of women, means that women's restrooms are hard to come by. The University is definitely a male dominated campus.

Phillip

The best thing about Rolla is definitely the education. Its been ranked several times as having one of the top starting salaries in the Midwest.

The best thing about the school is how they seem to embrace you when you enter as a freshman. There is a student on each floor called an RA who is there to help you get familiar with the school and answers any questions you may have about freshman life.

Laurance

Is so small that I will never late for classes

There are plenty of projects or activities to get involved in. There are many areas for undergraduate research and leadership positions within clubs or organizations that will look great on your resume.

the best thing about my school is the fact that its main focus is on engineering, which is my major. we have a lot of resources dedicated to research and development.

Travis

The best part are the people that I've met. I've made so many new friends which helps when school gets hard. They can bein your classes to help you out or be there to have fun for the times when you need a break from school.

Caleb

I personally consider Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly University of Missouri-Rolla) as one of the top universities in the nation. Through the personal help given by each professor, the myriad opportunities for work study, internships, and co-ops even as a freshman, and the opportunities provided to students to participate in extracurricular activities (fencing club, departmental organizations, the university radio stations, etc.) Missouri S&T has created for me personally an ideal learning environment in which I am able to take responsibility for my life.

Doris

The professors care about the students. They always make sure that the student can succeed; however, they will offer aid, but they won't make the class easier. The students care about fellow students. A new student can ask a random student on campus for help and the new student can expect to receive that help. This school allows the students to receive a good technical background. This school's reputation is so good that companies come just to hire students from this school. If you work hard at this school, you'll get many rewards.

Shelia

its close to everything so having a car is not important

greek life, the amount of freedom students have

Large availability or academic assistance. Small Classrooms.

Jared

Missouri Univeristy of Science and Technology really focuses on helping the student achive their goals beyond the college. Over 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students leave MST with a job.

Missouri S&T is a challenging university. Students are forced to try their hardest, and usually succeed! Design teams and extracurricular activities are realized to be highly important, even more important than a high GPA.

Jeff

This school really prepares you for a future in engineering. The career center here is amazing and engineers from here have around a 96{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} placement rate after school.

Ji

The job opportunities after graduating. My school has a great reputation about it. Also the help and learning center of each classes. They help the students who are struggling in classes.

Krista

Research opportunities

The degree and the reputation are the best things about Rolla, because they are sure to get you a great job in your field of choice.

Kohryn

I like that my school is really small. My class sizes really let me get to know all of my professors.

They way they get you prepared for an engineering job in the real world and ealing with real world problems.

Being able to get lost on campus. Well I sort of have the aspiration to live in a dorm room for awhile to see what it's like.

Mallory

I like the small size of the school. Each student get more personal attention from professors because there are not that many students. I never feel lost in the crowd walking around campus of in class.