New London, CT
Mitchell College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mitchell College

Melissa

Very small classes that allows the profeesors to know you by name.

Very small classes that allows the profeesors to know you by name.

Take your time do not rush through everything and to go for it.

Felicia

My school is way to small and feels like high school all over again.

My school is way to small and feels like high school all over again.

Some of them want to be there and some don't.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to really take the time and research everything. This is very important to do even though it maybe stressful and at times I may want to give up and just settle. When this happens I need to tell myself it will be worth it in the end to be somewhere that I love and that I am happy at. When I am happy I know that I can succeed. Also, I have to be outgoing that is the only way to meet people and make friends. When I meet people I need to try to be a good judge of character and pick postive people to surround myself with. Doing this will help me make freinds who have the same goals as I do and keep me headed in the right direction. Getting involved is also something that is important to any college experience.

Tania

Mitchell is a loving, small private school, it is a great learning experience.

Mitchell is a loving, small private school, it is a great learning experience.

If i could go back in time and talk to my self as a senior i would tell me self to keep my head up. That college is not that hard and not that much different from high school just you live with the people. Look forwards to doing things on campus and getting involved, try making as many friends as you can and stick to your school work. Be productive and do sports, be yourself dont let anyone tell you that you are not being yourself. BE WHO YOU ARE.

The worst thing about this school would be the tolerence issues. We have alot of people who do not believe in same sex relationships and get very uncomfortable when ever there is a gay person around.

Amy

Mitchell College is best known for preparing students for careers and assisting students with transitioning into their career of choice. They are known for having top career placements for graduating students in Connecticut.

If I was to go back as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to not change anything. I believe my transition into college went well. All the experiences I had as a first year and second year student at Mitchell College only made me what I am today. I have come to terms with all the bad aspects and embraced the good ones. As a third year student, the experiences and struggles I have today will teach me a lesson for the coming years.

The best aspect about Mitchell College is their extensive internship programs. The students are able to choose where they want to perform their internships and the professors work with high power companies, schools, correctional facilities, and last, but not limited to, law offices. The students are able to get hands on experience outside the classroom, with professionals, to get a feel for the field of study. The internships offered at Mitchell College are nothing less than outstanding.

Christie

The worst thing about Mitchell College is the amount of time it takes for staff to answer your questions. Because there are only about 1000 students at the school, staff is at a minimum. Because of this, things like finding out which credits they will transfer takes forever. Then, as a part-time student and someone who works a regular full-time job, when it's time to sign up for classes, I feel very pushed aside by the guidance staff once they realize I'm only looking to sign up for up to 2 classes per semester.

Before entering Mitchell College I wish I had known how accepting the students would be of me entering the school as a 30 year old returning ed. student. So far, I have found the students seem to really look up to me and seek my advice on class projects, etc. If I had known, I would have saved my self a lot of stress the week prior to starting class. I am really enjoying being a college student once again.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself several bits of advice. One of the first things I would tell myself is to fully concentrate on my studies. I would tell myself Dad was right, average is not good enough. Always aim high. I would also tell myself to forego immediately entering a 4-year college and start with community college and pay less for the main courses until I fully determine what I want to major in while I continue to discover my interests and abilities. Lastly, I would tell myself to continue pushing toward my bachelors even once I'd received my Asociates degree. Returning to college at 30 years old amid a sea of 20 year olds is not easy and is even harder as a wife with a house. College is hard but you make the desicions that can make it tougher. Lastly I would tell myself to remember to enjoy life and to remember not to rush life. Despite all the challenges, enjoy the best each day brings because you never know when you're going to miss certain people and things.

John

Visit campus, attend a sporting event, any event of your choice, a club meeting, eat in the cafe, attend class, and talk to students currently enrolled.

The amount of students with learning disabilities.

Veronica

To students and parents I would tel them to take the time to carefully look at as many schools as possible and aply to alot of schools. To make the most of your college experience I advise you to get actively involved in the school/To students I would say to choose a school that you feel like yourself at and not to choose a school based on friends and or relationships. Get involved in clubs and or sports and network with students and falculty. And to parents I would tell them that it's ok to let your child go. Don't be over pertective and trust that you raised them well and that they will be ok on their own. Get involved in your childs education and ask them how they are doing. Attend events such as parents weekened and be supportive.

The best thing about my school is the support that students recieve. The campus falculty and staff are extreamly friendly and take the time to get to know the students. They take pride in there work and always go the extra mile to help the students reach their goals.

I wish I had more money. It would have made it eaisier to afford to attend this college. I find myself struggling to make my tuition payments.

Kellie

students are mainly foucsed on major, diverse in opinion and interested in legal information , law and teaching children & public information

I feel that any student who has received even a minimal amount of assistance in school should seek a College that offers alot of suport for College years as well. It is my experience that this ongoing assistance when available, is the best way to find your way to the degree or major you choose. Many school offer this however Mitchell College and only one other in the state of CT offer this to a great degree. I admit that I used the LRC program for my first three years at Mitchell College. I feel it has helped me to mlove on to a University for a Masters Degree. Finding a College that is smaller in size was helpful for me, and class size is smaller. This is better for all students in my opinion. You do not have to have a learning dissibility to benefit from smaller class size.

students who are searching for ways to help people, in law and the economy. students who want to teach pre-school or psychology and be shapped to go on to grad school for psychology

Justin

Helping students with learning differences.

Helping students with learning differences.

The advice I would give to parents and/or students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is to be open and look for a place where you feel comfortable. You will know it when you find it.

Mitchell College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.