Moberly Area Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Moberly Area Community College

Hae

Good for focusing on academic work but, there are very restricted opportunities for extracurricular activities or other student activities. People are very nice and professors are always willing to help students. However, the college is located in a very small city, so there are mere things to do near the college. Also, transportation is very bad (no bus or subway). MACC is not much different with other small community college.

Jey

This is a great place to go to get basic credits for cheap before transferring to a 4 year institution. The faculty who are in leadership positions are generally fantastic but other faculty vary significantly. The administration is generally really difficult to deal with.

Kathryn

I thinks it’s a great College for those straight out of high school. It allows you to have a College experience while being close to home. For those who haven’t been to college before this is a great one to get you started. Everyone is extremely nice and willing to help whenever they can.

Kaylie

It is a great community college, mainly as a feeder school for Mizzou. They know people are only there to transfer and they help prep you for that. Every teacher that I have had is super helpful when I need help and will answer anything, staff is also helpful when registering for class, I go to the Columbia campus and it is nice classroom and computers are everywhere and free printing is always a plus. I would recommend to anyone looking to save money on college, all my credits have transferred over to a school in Florida.

Desha

It definitely wasn't on the top of my dream colleges, but it's a great program to get your general eds out of the way (for 2 years) cheaply and sometimes free if your with A+. Then transfer to a university. The nursing and teaching program has glowing reviews. The class sizes are small and the professors are always ther to help. They do have a basketball team which is surprisingly pretty well known and decent and a spirit squad as well as an art gallery full of work from current students. Nice spacious and functional lounges and a cafe to eat or study in. No Greek life or many extracurriculars but hats what your incurred ties are for. They do have on campus housing but it's very small and reserved mainly for student athletes. Overall it's not a bad stepping stone.

Sentreal

I believe the school makes sure you have all the resources you need to succeed.

Kaci

The school has a very nice atmosphere, some of the professors act as if we, the students, are dumb and they favor the basketball players more than anyone else. The classrooms are insanely clean and very well kept together. The food is good but overpriced.

Tynesha

Moberly Area Community College is a must if you are looking for a transfer program, or wanting to go a step higher in education. There are plenty of programs and activities to be a part of, and the faculty is outstanding. The instructors are definitely there to make your learning experience worth it, and there are always tutors available to help when you need it. There are monthly events that take place within six different branch campuses, so there's no way you can miss out on all of the opportunities! I'm so glad that I chose this college as my first step towards accomplishing my educational career.

Madison

I have heard great things about this college, so I had to take a look. I loved the campus tour, the guide was very interesting in everything she talked about. The campus was normal size and i love smaller schools. I did not meet teachers but After i visited this college I applied two days after. It seems to be very welcoming to anyone. They have a career path for almost everyone. I was totally impressed and that is hard to come by in small schools.

Khayla

I used my A plus and I had an amazing experience here. I grasped so many great skills and all of the professors are helpful and inspiring. I would jump the opportunity to attend MACC again, and I highly recommend it to any student with A plus of just wanting to get their feet wet.

Annie

All the teachers I had we very nice! The classrooms are always clean. I have learned a lot already and am only in my second year there. The teachers are always eager to help any way possible. The environment is very calm and relaxing. This school is very nice and I am glad I picked it.