Modesto, CA
Modesto Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Modesto Junior College

kapil

Its a great junior college, the professors I've had so far have been fun and engaging; there are a few not so good ones but what school doesn't have a few. They also have an impressive amount of resources to help students plan out their time at MJC and also help in making the transferring process easier. There is also a slew of clubs you can join and connect with people with similar interests and make new friends.

kathryn

It is a great place to attend on your way to university. It provides a lot of affordable opportunities for those who can't afford ivy league schools. You can even get a vocational degree if you're not into academics. Overall, I would say that MJC is a wonderful place to go with many professors who genuinely care about the success of their students.

Alyssa

Modesto Junior College is a great school to go to if you want to stay home after high school graduation and save a great deal of money. For it being a small school, it has plenty of majors to chose from and will definitely give you a jumpstart and a sense of what going to a university would be like.

I believe you get out what you put into anything pertaining to life. If you go into something with a negative attitude you will ultimately receive a negative experience. I've overheard many of my peers voice how much they cant stand MJC but they are also the ones who don't put forth effort into their education in order to get anything good out of it. If you have a good mind set and put forth the effort into your education you will succeed!

Chelsea

Modesto Junior College is a wonderful stepping stone. I’ve been lead to believe that there is more hype and involvement with the school itself and the activities it offers at 4-year colleges and universities, but MJC has an enthusiastic and diverse community. My mother was attending college throughout my childhood, all of which was completed at MJC. Since she was a single parent and worked full-time, she attended night classes. In addition, we hadn’t dispensable funds, and she was able to remedy this with grants and loans, both of which she acquired through MJC. Though her situation while attending college wasn’t ideal, she had professors that encouraged and challenged her. Now that I am attending MJC, I’m experiencing how and why she stuck with the school and completed her degree. My circumstances are much easier than hers, but I am still getting the same encouragement and challenges from my professors. Most of them keep regular office hours and when they are not physically available, they respond promptly to e-mails. The class sizes are moderate, and the teachers do well with ensuring that each student grasps the lessons and assignments and gets help, should they require it. There is a wide range of classes, including specialty courses; e,g, Into to Shakespeare or California Water. Some departments offer subject-specific field trips and scholarship opportunities. The environment is scholastic but relaxed, and the student body is made up of myriad personalities. There is often something going on in the courtyard near midday, ranging from transfer fairs to barbeques. Everyone that I’ve had the pleasure of working with in Student Services has been kind, responsive, and, if you are enthused about what you are doing, more than eager to help. My overall opinion of MJC is that it is a great component to any educational experience. There is something for everyone, from any background and in any circumstance. It’s a great tool to get where you are going and a great way to discover where that is, if you’ve yet to discover it.

Julianna

Modesto Junior College is a good junior college for transfer students. Most professors are encouraging of students and very helpful and available. Both east and west campuses are easily accessible. The west campus in nicer because it is newer but the east campus is more social.

Cassandra

It is a cheap way to get an education, however it might not be the best way.

It is a cheap way to get an education, however it might not be the best way.

I would have jumped right into a four year school and if I wanted to transfer from one four year to another it would have been a much easier process than the one I am going through now.

I would say the type of person who shouldn't attend Modesto Junior college is a student with a 3.5 or higher, If you have managed to be a good student throughout highschool coming to MJC will only mess you up in the long run it is best to just jump into a four year college. This school will find a way to keep you here forever it is next to impossible to get all your classes needed to transfer out within two years.

Jason

Use community college as a means to an end. The recession will prevent you from getting a job and financial aid will be your only way to gain income, go straight into technical school or construction and get a job with computers because the job market is big and there is no time to worry about following your dreams if you have no guarantee of finding a job. Money cannot buy you happiness but it sure as hell can reduce your stress significantly and if you are having mental breakdowns from the stress of not having enough money to eat and pay bills and no hope you will not end up anywhere but contemplating saving enough money for a gun. Save your money even if you're miserable and hide it from your family and hide it from yourself if possible. Your family is poor and they will drag you down with them and you will be stuck living at home until you're old and life has passed you by. Take the fastest, cheapest schooling possible to get a job and use that otherwise all your skills and gifts are pointless.

The fact that it doesn't offer the classes I need and therefore only provides me with miniscule bits of learning and I must drive to another major city to even gain the certification I need when this county is already known for being destitute.

Kelly

i love mjc! the people i've met are so open and honest about who they are and what they want to be, i love going to school now more than ever. the teachers are great too!

there is a stereotype of community college kids, they werent smart enough to go to a four year or too lazy youll be stuck there forever, but its completely untrue

sporting events and theater performances

very fun loving and open. easy to make friends with

it depends on how old your teacher is. the younger teachers are obviously more energetic and actually want you to learn, while some of the much older instructors just stick to what they know and arent willing to openness.

Joan-Sebastian

My classmates are also fed up with the amount of obstacles the state officials put on our education path just to keep their salaries safe.

I would advise myself to stay on track. To be sure of my desires and goals. That even though there will be doubt and obstacles, there is a reason why God put that desire in my heart. I would tell myself that people will advise you to choose a career based on salary, not knowing that succesfull people are guided by pasion and love for what they do. I would also tell myself to be calm when things don't go my way, because maybe I don't always know whats beneficiary. And lastly, Iwould tell myself to finish math as soon as i can, because, al though it has absolutely nothing to do with my career, It's a big obstacle I am currently facing.

I wish I knew the truth about transfering. I wish i knew that al though I am a music major and a good student, a 68% final score in my math class would mean that I might not be able to go to the school i really want to. I wish i knew that it takes longer than 2 years to transfer even though i've been taking an average of 5 more units than required per semester,.

Modesto Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.