Modesto, CA
Modesto Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Modesto Junior College

Kavita

If I met my high-school-senior-self, she would be very confused. She was a high school superstar, starting college at 16; I am 24, and have yet to graduate. So what happened? The star student couldn't afford to move out or go away to college, and ended up staying at home: commuting to a local school with limited academic options (a 30-mile drive each way, every day), watching her parents' marriage dissolve, falling into an abusive relationship, and all the while feeling that her academic success was the key to everyone's happiness. Eventually that pressure led to depression, and skipped classes, and failure. Now she's 24, and she hasn't finished college. But -- she has learned the importance of self. She has overcome her depression and fears. She moved to New York City. And she became a new woman -- a woman with strength, character, curiosity, and a desire to learn. A woman ready to start over. I would tell my younger self that she cannot be responsible for other people's happiness. That learning is bigger than school. That there's always time for a second chance. I would tell her to be herself.

Steven

My classmates are a diverse group of helpful people with good hearts and strong ambitions.

I would first tell myself this will be the most important decision of my life. Next i would tell myself that college life will take alot of dedication, sacrafices and perserverance. Next, make sure to be punctual when comming to class is a must. Always buy your books ahead of time. Never put off registering for classes to the last minute. Finding a study group helps a bunch to open doors to new ideas. Use campus resources because they are there to help. Don't forget to join social events to have fun because we all need a break sometimes.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking at the start of the semester. At times a person can spend up to half an hour looking for a parking space! By rule of thumb i try to arrive at least a half an hour earlier to class during the first few weeks of class just in case.

Mark

For my particular Major, my school has one of the best programs in the state, that was with in a reasonable distance for me to travel.

I would tell myself to not wait, go to college while your still young, because the future is not going to be easy with out a degree.

I wish I would have known about some of the other programs offerd but I didn't research them when I was looking into going back to school.

Kristen

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to learn how to study before starting college, because eventhough I was able to skate through high school without a problem, college would be much more difficult. I would also tell myself to forget the high school puppy love and focus on my education, because not doing so would result in my failure to complete college to start with. That love would fade over time, but I would regret not finishing college.

Bryce

Hindsight is always a valuable attribute. Unfortunately, one rarely gets a chance to make use of it. However, if there were a piece advice I could give myself as a high school senior, it would be to fight for my education and not give in. Every senior should have the right to her dream school, especially if she?s accepted to it, and there should be no compromise on this matter. I would further suggest that once in college I should continue to stand-up for what I believed in and not be swayed by others, as there is truly nothing to fear in the learning environment that is higher education.

I wish I would've known that the majority of my previous credits would not transfer. I wish there was accurate resources available to help students decide which classes they should and should not take for fulfilling the transfer patterns for 4-year universities.

There isn't any type of person who shouldn't attend this school. Community college is perfect for anyone looking for an affordable education. It's great for older students, young students, or anyone who has to balance life, work, and school. However, International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement graduates will find this school quite a walk in the park.

Robert

I would tell myself to focus and make sure I attended college because in the year 2008 the economy will take a turn for the worst and I will be unemployed for the longest period I ever have because I had no education and if I had an education I might of had a chance to not get layed off and if I did I might not have been out of work for so long.

I think my school has really great counselers that work to help you dacide what classes to take and help you to enroll in them and if you have any questions they are right there to help.

Anyone can attend it dose not matter race religious backround or age there are many different people attending MJC

Erin

My classmates are charismatic. Some are very eager to learn, others are not.

My classmates are charismatic. Some are very eager to learn, others are not.

Our school is best known for our challenging math and science departments.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definately tell myself that preparation, time management, and perseverance are the key to a successful college career. I would let myself know that the teachers push you harder and expect more of you, so it is impossible to go into college with a high-school mind set. Expect to be challenged and pushed to your limits, because college is a time for you to find out who you are and what you want to do. College is a milestone in your life and should be treated with the most respect and care, because your success could be the difference between working a dead-end job, or possibly climbing up the CEO ladder at a corporate office. I would tell myself that the effort I put into college now is going to be the difference in how I'm living my life later.

Christopher

My classmates at MJC are great, they are very supportive and they are very polite.

Apply yourself more, don't slack off in high school do all that you can do. Never give up no matter how hard the challenge, obstacle, or task.

There is nothing wrong with MJC. Becuz the faculty and students help each other.

Damion

What's really unique about this school is its intimacy. Rather than having a lot of large classes of over 100 people, many of the classes have only 30 or 40 students, making it easier to make personal relationships with the teachers, as well as making it easier for them to help you if you have any problems.

I would say don't be discouraged about going to a community college. It is a good transitional step, especially if you have low funds or don't know what your major is. With Modesto Junior College especially, you get a quality education for a fraction of the price of a university or state college, and it lets you finish your general education requirements while giving you time to find yourself and what truly interests you. MJC has a great film program as well, with a great faciity and equipment, which would definately interest my past self. I think that's the most important thing I'd tell him - to not worry and realize that community college is a great way to get ready for your future, in a sense learning to swim first before diving straight in. Well, that, and explaining to my bewildered past self the secret inner-workings of time-travel .

There's not really much wrong with the school. However the worst thing would definately have to be parking, as it is hard to find any sort of parking at any time of the day, and at certain times it is literally impossible.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to shoot for the stars when applying for colleges. The reason I did not do this in the first place was because of my financial situation. I did not and still do not have the money to attend a four year university and I believe that is the only thing that held me back from applying to the many different schools out there. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that money should not stop me from achieving my dream of attending a four year university. You only get one chance while you are a senior in high school to apply to schools, so why not shoot for the stars?

The best thing about my school is that there are many people around willing to help you succeed in whatever you choose to do. Whether it be the staff or the students, there is always someone there to help you with whatever you need help in.

Many people think that a community college is just a continuation of high school, but this is not true. The one thing I am able to brag about when I talk to my friends is how close I am to home. I am still getting the same education as I would if I were to go away to college and I am able to save money since I can live at home.

Modesto Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.