Kingman, AZ
Mohave Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mohave Community College

Vanessa

The school I attend is a small school. I aboslutely love that the staff knows you and your situations. I also love the student apprciation days that we have on campus.

I would tell myself not to be scared about college. You will have so much fun with all of the people that you will meet and the jobs that you get on campus. All of your teachers are amazing and know what they are talking about so do not be scared to ask them questions. That is what they are there for. I would also tell myself to enjoy these days. They will not last forever.

I brag mostly about my teachers that I have. I also brag about the class in general. The list of classes is not very long at my school, but the classes that they have are amung the best classes I have taken by far.

Jonathon

The most fustrating about my school, and most schools I've been to, has to be the financial aide deparment. Granted there are great people working there that do all they can, for some reason every semester something gets messed up with my financial aide and we never know why.

First and formost work harder to get to the schools you want right off the bat. Then go and apply for as many schloarships as possible, so that you are financially stable and able to pay for whichever school you choose and for all the things you need while in school. While in school stay focused, you will be able to balance fun and work just plan and stay on track. Most important of all have fun, and don't stress yourself out, we'll make it.

Most of my classmates are first year freshmen right out of highschool, Most of my classmates are timid, and very quiet and unopinonated.

I would tell myself as a Senior in High School to apply for financial aid right out of high school, so that I could go to college sooner than I did.

Anyone who wants to further their education and or try to get their GED.

The faculty does not communicate when something is happening.

Trevor

Trevor, Do not be nervous or indecisive. There are plenty of grants and scholarships in order to help pay for college. Just concentrate on the fact that you found what it is that you wanted to do for the rest of your life. Look forward to the thought of being able to enjoy what you are eventually going to do why helping others and serving your community. The job market will always provide a demand and the fact that your bilingual will make you more marketable. Find comfort in the fact that you decided to not go to mexico in order to purchase a more reliable vehicle for transportation. Also in the fact that once you are a successful attorney you will be able to purchase a property where everyone is just going for the week. This is what you worked so hard for so keep your eye on the prize and the rest will fall into place.

Being in college now, I wish I would have known to do research a lot sooner. I?m not talking research for essays or projects. I?m talking about research on the certain classes needed for a particular degree. Money and time in college is difficult to come by, so taking a class that will not go towards your degree is incredibly wasteful. The knowledge learned in that class may be unhelpful in the long run, as well. Also, being a community college student it is important to know which classes will transfer to a university. The classes that will not transfer prove wasteful.

I wish I would have known about all the club activities Mohave Community College held. If I would have known in advance I would have worked my schedule around to include time to join one or two clubs. Finding out the club meetings gather at a certain day and time every week is only helpful before a class schedule is set up.

At Mohave Community College the technology is the worst. A decision was made to change the email accounts and other websites associated with the college. The updates have still not been completed. Technology does take time to conquer, but the new links should not be released to students until the updates are complete. That way, students do not become frustrated when the website does not perform well and the help desk does not have to redirect everyone.

Jacquelyn

There is nothing unique, it is only convienent.

There is nothing unique, it is only convienent.

Going back in time to talk to myself would be pointless, I never listened. I had all the answers. I thought my life journey would be easy and had no intention of getting a degree or wasting more time on furthering my education. I can admit now, I was wrong. My adolescent thoughts got my by (barely), but down a very long and rocky road. In high school all that mattered to me were my friends. It?s funny how the definition of many words change as you gets older. I would tell my self about all the mistakes I would make, how much easier life could have been if I had a better foundation. An education would have enabled me to have a better career- not just the many jobs that I have had. It could have kept me out of government assistance programs and possibly off drugs. The best advice I would give myself; have dreams and set goals. Don?t ever stop learning! Although it is never too late, it would have been a lot easier to do the college thing when I had the energy it requires. Believe that someday it will all be worth it!

Someone who has no intrest in their own future or destiny, and does not want to continue to learn or expand their mind.

Anthony

The campus's average student mainly consists of an older generation of current or ex drug users.

I would tell my young self, not to hesitate on starting college. I would have advised to finish as early as possible, and to make sure you go to college for something that you love. I would have suggested how to get finacial aid, and pointed out what schools are possible to attend after community college. I would have been compassionate, and listened closer, and assured myself that there are some great teachers out there. I would map out a plan for success for myself, showing exactly which steps to take to get to where I wanted to go.

I wish I would have know, that the quailty of the student attending the college, would so greatly impact my experience while attending the school.

Bobby

Mohave Community College is an excellent 2 year college offering an array of programs you can access online and on-campuss with a 30/90 program with NAU.

Listen, I understand that things are not easy right now but your future needs to be mapped out before it is too late. The world is changing and if you think you make good money working at Taco Bell right now just think what $60,000-$80,000 a year would buy you! Thats a lot of CD's! The world is going high tech and you do not want to be left behind so you need to start applying to colleges now. A college degree is where it is at today and if you go beyond an AA you will really have it made. Menial low-education jobs are going to be a thing of the past and you are going to need a higher education in order to make it in life and be successful. Get off the couch and get yourself down to the local college where your dream job is waiting for you! A little hard work, solid goals, and the ambition to strive for better and the world will be yours for the taking.

Do not attend MCC if you do not want to have fun and learn at the same time. People that should not apply are those that want to stay in dead end jobs earning minimun wage with no benifits. MCC is a college full of winners with awesome earning potential opportunities, where you can make lasting friendships while learning valuable skills.

Mohave Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.