Monmouth College Top Questions

I am involved with the volleyball team at MC, and it is without a doubt one of the primary reasons why I have made so many friends here. The coach is a huge proponent of team bonding both in and out of practices, and the team generally hangs out with each other on their own time, even when "team bonding" doesn't require it. Also, athletes tend to make friends with other athletes through sporting events, so that helps in the socialization process as well. Overall, I would strongly encourage a new student to MC to participate in some sort of campus activity--such as a sport, Greek life, a club, etc.

I find myself to be heavily involved in social life at Monmouth College. I am a member of various clubs and orgainizations as is pretty much everyone else that attends Monmouth College. This is a very invlolved campus, most students are involved in a multitude of clubs and activities. I am also involved in a Fraturnity. Joining has probably been one of the best decisions of my life. The greek community on campus is ver open and inviting to anyone and everyone, and I reccomend no matter which school you attend, to get involved in greek life. It definatly has already been a rewarding experience.

Autumn

The residence halls are really, really nice and they are a great place to meet people. The people I met in my dorms became my best friends (and still are!). The Greek life tradition is pretty big...two famous national sororities were founded at Monmouth (Pi Beta Phi and Kappa Kappa Gamma). About 25{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body is affiliated with a fraternity or sorority. Greek life isn't like what you see in the movies at MC. They have fun, but it's not one big drunk-fest. Just like any college, you'll find some students that choose to drink, but at Monmouth, you'll also find plenty of students who choose not to drink. There are always alternatives available, like free movies on campus, comedians, bands, etc.