Monmouth College Top Questions

Yaritza

The worse thing about my school would be the fact that there is not a large diversity. As a Latino, I noticed that other minorities eventually dropped out afer their freshman year. This ocurrs because they do not feel welcomed and Monmouth College was not able to retain them.

Shawndra

The worst thing I consider about my school is that the surrounding environment does not have much. Being from this city, I am use to corner stores and shopping malls and there is neither.

The worst thing is also the best thing. The campus is etremely small and very personal. At the same time that means that if someone does something wrong, everyone knows and everyone judges.

The worst thing about this school is the music program isn't as good as they say sometimes, and the weather gets awful in the winter. Also, the school never closes no matter how bad the weather is.

Tatiana

The worst thing I consider about my school is kind of the location. If you do not have a car to get to Galesburg there is not much else to do.

Monmouth College is a very small school, and there can be days (and nights) where there is little, if anything, to do. If you're looking for excitement and adventure, look elsewhere. If you like the smell of meat processing plants wafting gently across campus every morning, then look no further.

Student affairs staff, because they are almost completely unmonitered in terms of their actions.

The Education Department was very lacking. Did not prepare me for what was to come...

If you don't like to drink or play sports you won't fit in very easily. There isn't much to do on campus that doesn't involve those two things. It's a small town and small town things are what Monmouth is about. Not good for city folk.

The lack of things to do in the town. We don't even have a movie theater.