Monmouth College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Monmouth College

Michelle

Monmouth College's campus is beautiful; I fell in love on my first visit. The layout is very convenient and space efficient. Anywhere on campus is a five minute walk. The surrounding town is quite small with few places to eat and shop. However, those few places are very good, and Galesburg, 20 minutes away, has many more options. The academics are very rigorous and hold strong to the Liberal Arts tradition. With keeping to tradition, the college does not accept online classes for credits. Overall, I learned a lot and met many interesting people. I am confident that Monmouth College will lead me to a successful career and life.

Andrea

This was the best school I attended! I will definitely go back when I have the finances again. The learning here is like no other school I've been to. It's fun and challenging. The campus is clean and very large. The class sizes are small so it makes the learning experience seem more personal. The seminar's are fun to attend. There is always things going on. You will never be bored. Greek life is everything. Everyone is involved and they are there because they want to be. I absolutely love Monmouth College!

francisco

Overall this is a great college for people who want to learn and be well rounded. If you come for the parties there aren't many. the food is hit or miss but there are other options other than cafe food. The surrounding area is dull and boring unfortunately but the campus tries to bring new things every week for the students to do. Overall it is a great college for the learning experience and building professional connections in your major field. Do not come in hopes of big parties, instead come to learn and make long term relationships.

Taylar

Personally Monmouth has become a game changer for me. It is one of the best life decisions I could have made. Being a student that lives soon campus, I have found Monmouth to be very home fulfilling. You are constantly surrounded by great people that support you, including the inspiring professors. Due to the size of the college, which is why I chose to attend, I have had a great academic experience thus far. The class sizes are very reasonable and there is always an opportunity for you to have one-on-one conversations with your professor. I couldn't imagine where a better place for me would be.

natalie

I made an impulse decision to come here without ever visiting the campus. When I arrived, i fell in love with the campus. Professors go out of their way to keep in contact with you and make sure everything is going good. The whole school is like a family as well and i couldnt be happier.

Mackenzie

I loved my experience at Monmouth College. The academics prepared me for the next step of my future, which was my masters. The small class side made me be dependable, a good communicator, and learn more overall. The campus was well taken care of and beautiful. Overall, I had a great undergraduate experience. GO SCOTS!

Darice

The staff, students, and faculty are all very friendly and always willing to help. The community is awesome and there is always something to do. I love being here because the class sizes are great and I can focus on my academics while also doing school work. There is always something to get involved with and the professors and your advisors are always encouraging that. There is hardly ever hostility, up until the election this past semester that is. This place is great and I hope to send my kids here someday.

maribel

Overall, Monmouth College is a very rounded College. There is so much that only a student can be a part of. We are a liberal arts college, and, yet, we are a family. Everybody knows mostly everybody. Professor to student ratio is amazing. Off campus is fantastic as well. We recognize the problems of our school or any other world-wide/ known problem, and fight for human rights and freedom of well, life. We are well diverse in everything. For our Greek Life and other extracurricular organization's they are all under the word of philanthropies. Everything is for a good cost, whether to help the school, others across the world or in the community itself. We are always up for a task, whether it is the Art organizations painting a new mural, the Fighting Scots winning another football/basketball/volleyball/water polo/softball/baseball/track/swimming/or any other sport played, or just plain helping the community. Being from the Chicago city myself, in a now rural, quiet place has really opened my eyes a bit more on what happens in many other places. Not all of us are from the same place either, some are even from Syria, Columbia, Ghana, Japan, Dominican Republic, and other places. Just know, that Monmouth College is a safe, behaved, diverse, and fun place to call home. GO FIGHTING SCOTS!!

Gianna

I really enjoyed my time at Monmouth. I think you get exactly what you put in. I was involved in sports, greek life, other organizations, and had jobs on campus. As far as my academics went, I double majored in Communication and Public Relations. I feel like I became extremely well-rounded in Communication, but not Public Relations. Most of the PR classes were intros and you couldn't dive deep into it. However, I think Monmouth set me up to further my education. Professors usually had open offices and some would even invite you to dinner at their houses. it was very open relationships where you felt comfortable talking about whatever was on your mind. The classes were open learning environments. Students could lead class discussion into subjects they were curious in. I took a superhero class that actually taught you how to be the citizen you want to be in the world.

Jude

Monmouth college is a liberal arts college that allows you to explore your major and encourages you to experience other fields of studies in order to promote more well rounded students. Monmouth College is about expressing yourself and being part of a very close-knit community with class sizes that allow you to get to know your classmates as well as your professors. overall Monmouth college is well rounded, well equipped, social, with a lot to participate in if you look for it and if there isn't an organization that sparks your interest, you can create one.

Nishimwe

Monmouth is a great school. the campus is beautiful. I love the class size, especially since I´ll have the chance to get to know my professors one on one. I love the dorms and the space we are given to study, do homework and more, including having fun. Over all the school is perfect chose for me.

Rachael

I love Monmouth College, I was a student in the fall semester for a family reason but I am returning in the fall. Monmouth is small but it allows you to create friendships that you wouldn't get with a big school. Monmouth's amazing facilities and professors and staff do an amazing job to help their students strive for success. I have highly recommended Monmouth to lots of my high school friends who are looking for small schools.