West Long Branch, NJ
Monmouth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monmouth University

Additional Loan Options

Julia

I love it here at Monmouth. I am so grateful to go to a college with great professors who are readily available when I need assistance or just have a quick question outside the classroom. My classmates are friendly, the campus is gorgeous and it just happens to be a few short miles to the beach.

Alyssa

Overall it is a great school, other than the high expense of it. I have already learned so much and made so many friends in my first year. On campus housing is very suitable as both a freshman and sophomore, but most people move off campus by junior year. However housing off campus is also really expensive.

Werlhens

Monmouth is a great school in my opinion. There are a lot of activities to join and be apart of on campus. the campus is really big and beautiful especially at night and there is a lot of parties that happen off campus on weekends from thursday to saturday. The campus facilities management workers keep the campus in pretty good condition, they are always cleaning up debris on campus. Most of the professors are really nice and will work with you to get a good grade in class. basketball is big here at Monmouth, football not so much. Overall I give monmouth a 4 out of 5 rating. Good school.

Heather

Unfortunately the stereotype for Monmouth is either "Jersey Shore guidos" or "stuck-up rich people". However, I have found neither of these stereotypes to be accurate here. Monmouth truly offers a diverse group of people where everyone can feel accepted.

A main reason as to why I chose to attend this school was for the academics. They have one of the best education schools in the state and easily one of the greatest and newest art departments in the state as well. I have had the pleasure of having all helpful and understanding professors,which makes life here a lot easier.

Autumn

I really love this school. I did not expect it to be the school I go to starting the fall of 2015, but the campus itself is gorgeous and every time I went for a tour of the campus it was always a positive experience

As of now, I don't know any stereotypes at my school

I'm not sure what is the most popular activity at my school

From what I was told during the tours and looking at the website is that classes are not large classes and your professor gets to know you almost on a personal level

Haley

If I went back in time to high school I would give myself the advice of learning how to manage time. In high school it wasn't as hard to figure out when to complete assignments, but going to college really changes things. Learning what time is the best for retaining the most information while studying is important, and learning more about your study habits before going to college is very beneficial. Studying in college is very important because classes test your knowledge more than they did in high school and your grades will help you in the future, so learning how to study and what tools help you the most is the best way to make sure you get good grades.

Friendly and outgoing people because it is a small school, so it will be much easier to make a lot of friends if you have these qualities or try to get involved on campus.

Living only a mile from the beach is a great feature. It's so nice to be able to walk to the beach and forget about everything after you've had a stressful day of school.

Patrick

If I could go back in time and talk to my past self about what I know now about college I would recommend paying more attention to the schools I chose to apply to. I would also stress the importance of going to the library and putting in the hours to get my work done. I would comfort myself by saying not to be afraid to start completely over, by going to school in a new place, and by knowing no one, and making new friends. Having known this, i would have probably expanded my horizons on schools applied to. Over all i would have stressed the importance of leaving my comfort zone and to not go to a school where i felt most comfortable because i knew someone. I would advise looking harder at the academics of certain schools and finding which one was best fitting and i could actually picture myself most happy at. Lastly, I would warn myself that that I am no longer in highschool, and that the tests and assignments all begin to take on more meaning and matter more now towards my future.

The kind of person who should attend this school must be willing to put time into their work and not afraid to get involved in Greek Life. The person must also be able to make their own fun for nightlife, and be accepting of all the different types of people. The campus is very diverse, and people come from all different types of backgrounds, so one who is patient and willing to cope with different cultures should definitely attend this school.

Somone who is not willing to work hard and is not interested in getting involved should not attend this school. At Monmouth University school work can be hard and a student must be ready to send a night in the library. Greek Life is the primary source of being social at the school so if one wants to have a social life but not join Greek Life then Monmouth is not for them.

Anjelique

my school has a very good theater program and is in a great location. It is right by the beach and also an hour and a half away from new york city. It's the best of both worlds

One thing I dislike are the amount of students that do go home on the weekends

Alexandra

Monmouth University is an exceptional college where professors are very attentive.

Now that I am pursuing a second Master's degree for the 2014-2015 academic school year, I definitely have a few words for my high school senior self: wake up and take off the rose colored glasses. I was very naive in my youth, and made degree choices not based off of career aspirations, but decided by my intellectal interests. This mentality was a detriment to my post-college career growth. I did not spend enough time in my youth thinking pragmatically. A number of events woke me up to the "real world." For instance, I first-hand witnessed my house flood from Hurricane Sandy. Managing a post-disaster construction project made me aware of the resistance involved in business, regardless of the cause of business. I discovered that this idea of humanity (something I've spent a lot of time philosophizing about) is more of an obscure concept. I want to pursue altruistic dreams when I have the ability to pull resources together. So, my final words to my high school self are: if you every want to achieve your dreams, the best path may not be linear and it definitely is not a short road.

I don't have anything negative to say. I very much enjoyed my time at Monmouth University.

Aubriann

Widen your social circle and give everyone an equal chance. That girl sitting in front of you in your Lit class, who seems to have nothing in common with you, will become a valuable friend and study partner later. Refrain from making assumptions about other people, and especially don't assume you know what they are thinking about you. Foster relationships with your professors; they have been where you want to be someday. Your professors want to help you, and understand your journey. Lose the highschool fear of being branded as a suck up; you are all adults here. Finally, no one will notice if you're not drinking, and if they do, it still doesn't matter to them. Be the sober one who can drive, and make sure everyone gets home alive. It's more fun laughing at the stupid things your friends do, then waking up with a hangover. Your G.P.A will thank you in the long run.

Monmouth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.