West Long Branch, NJ
Monmouth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monmouth University

Additional Loan Options

Erika

Save money, get a job, don't rely on your parents for everything. Do not party everyweekend, get work done, go where you want to go not where others want you to go.

Down the street from the beach, a lot of activities going on during the weekends

Joseph

If I could go back, I would tell my highschool self to cherish the days I have in highscool. College is a whole different ball game. You need to be focused, have a great sense of time mangement, and be responsible! People aren't going to hold your hand through college, like they have in highschool. You need to stay focused, stay out of trouble, and remember what you're doing all of this for: To have an education, and be the first one in your family to attend college. Take my advice into great consideration, and never give up!

The worst thing about my school is the student atmosphere. Most students here, drink or party and I'm not about that life style. Its tough having to deal with people who do this all the time, but what are you going to do? I'm here to get my education, not party.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of meal options. It gets frustrating having to eat the same things day after day. I wish they would expand the menu, and add more vegetarian options.

Above all else, they know when to have fun and when to get to work.

Above all else, they know when to have fun and when to get to work.

Stay classy, Jess. I mean it: hold yourself to the standards that you set for yourself. Don't be a people pleaser. You're going to meet people who don't understand or care what you're going through, and they're going to weigh you down. There's nothing you can do about that: that's life. But as long as you stay classy, you'll rise above them. Pick your battles. Know when to walk away. Use your inside voice. As long as you can maintain your level of class through this all, then you're going to be the best that you can be. College is the time to reinvent yourself. Yes, mistakes have been made. But once you get to school, you don't have to be the same mousey girl who ate her lunch alone in the back of the library. So get out there, Jess. When in doubt, pinky out. You can do anything as long as you keep your shoulders back and your chin up. So stay classy, Jess. I love you.

Anyone who wants to feel like just a face in the crowd to their professors, or anyone who doesn't see the value in hard work.

Michelle

Again, location. I liked that it was diverse.

Again, location. I liked that it was diverse.

I would urge myself to explore more options and keep an open mind. Look for aspects of the campus besides location that interest you, like minors, extra-curriculars and volunteer opportunities because being social is just as important as doing well academically. Don't limit yourself to schools in the tri-state area and don't be afraid to make a mistake! When one door closes, a window opens somewhere else so be open to the possibilities and learn to go with the flow. Enjoy life.

I brag about it's location. It's is close to the beach and Philly/NYC.

Courtney

College is going to be tough. There will still be mean-spirited students who put you down and your parents will still seem like they require too much attention. Sometimes, it just will not feel worth it. But it is. Keep your head up because you will soon realize that the opinions of others don't matter and you parents will eventually relax and accept you just as you are. You will discover that in college all of the work that you do is really for you. You are the sole beneficiary of your efforts. Think about the kind of life that you want to live and the kind of person you want to be. Now, if you work hard, you can have all of those things. So ignore the petty stuff, even when it is hard to because it doesn't have to matter to you. You can rise above it and live the life that you want and that you deserve.

Kaitlyn

Monmouth University is a vibrant, close-knit, welcoming community that provides interesting classes, impressive professors, and great extracirricular activities, job opportunities on and off campus and is only two minutes from the beach!

Classmates are diverse, very nice, and very helpful; Monmouth is a perfect-sized school that you feel welcome at.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax. As a student in Advanced Placements classes, my friends were driving themselves crazy trying to get into big-name schools with the top-rated academic programs. I would tell my past self to stop worrying about what other people think, and how much I'm going to love attending class two minutes away from my house, how I will meet great people there, join different clubs, serve as Treasurer for Monmouth's Student Government Association, and still get to work, teach dance, and do theater outside of school that I would have missed out on. I would tell myself that I would love the small class sizes, the Monmouth community, and the personable faculty, all factors that another school would not have offered. Most of all, I would remind myself that a "famous" school does not make you successful, but what YOU do at a school determines your success. I would proudly mention that I would graduate in only three years, while ranked first in my class for Economics majors, and get accepted to my first choice law school, Seton Hall.

Mitchell

Monmouth is "right sized" in that it's big enough to give a great university experience (majors,course offerings, facilities, top-notch faculty, entertainment, diversity) but small enough to allow individuals to feel like they are an important part of the institution.

The student body tends to be the children of fairly well-off metropolitan NY families. Even so, most kids can find a good degree of comfort at Monmouth. Most students are welcoming and supportive and friendships made at Monmouth go on for a lifetime. There are cliques to be sure but nothing out of the ordinary for most college campuses. Historically students have had less interest about the world beyond the East Coast of the United States but that appears to have changes a great deal in the last 10 years. There is now more of a international outreach and MU's Institute for Global Understanding has energized undergrads.

Monmouth has never been better! A great campus, great leadership and great professors combine to make it an increasingly great choice for selective students. Many (like ABC News) consider Monmouth a "hot" school and for good reasons. I loved it and still do!

Pretty much so but, like all universities, there are a wide range of student.

Professors are, for the most part, dedicated to their fields and to their students. Most take an active part in improving student outcomes...some becoming friends and mentors long after a student's graduation. Although a business major, my favorite class was actually Introduction to Philosophy. The setting, the professors and the experience outside the classroom combines to make a superior learning environment. Monmouth adds great value to every student's undergraduate development.

Although the residence life at Monmouth has improved, many students still depart on weekends for their near-by homes. That's changing, and the University makes a real effort to keep kids on campus by offering great sports and entertainment on the weekends. Greek life, at one time much stronger than it is today, is making a comeback and that should keep more students on campus for parties. Monmouth has a great series of programs that bring the best and the brightest to speak on campus. Near-by beaches, restaurants and clubs offer non-stop possibilities for thise who wish to party.

Students are high-energy, involved, fun-loving -they love sports and like professors. Affluent.

Lea

Monmouth has taught me to make the best out of bad situations. It was not my first choice school; I came here because they gave me the most money and I needed to be near my family. Since enrolling, however, I have been able to meet great people and experience so much. The classes here are challenging and I am very happy I came here.

I love Monmouth's location and look. I live right on the beach, and within walking distance to the train station. It's a great thing. When it's warm out, the whole campus is outside enjoying the beautiful weather. Our campus is outstandingly beautiful as well, which makes student want to spend as much time as possible outside.

Someone who doesn't like the beach or someone who is looking for a big school. Monmouth is small; everyone knows everyone, but it is a nice environment. If someone is looking for a big-city vibe, they should not go to Monmouth.

Monmouth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.