West Long Branch, NJ
Monmouth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monmouth University

Additional Loan Options

Sandeep

In my view monmouth university is the best school.

In my view monmouth university is the best school.

I have done lots of research about the school i found it the school which in best in the new jersey.

I think there is no such case where a student of some kind shouldn't attend the school.

I am now in my Junior year at Monmouth University and I have found my time here to be fulfilling. The classes I have taken are interesting, for the most part, and I feel they are preparing me for the future. I have made some amazing friends here and I am very involved in my sorority. This past June I studied abroad in Italy and it was an experience I will neve forget.

I wish I was more knowledgeable about college courses - for example that many professors lecture more than use class participation. This is so different than high school.

I feel that students who prefer a smaller college would fit in perfectly here. It is located near major highways and public transportation which makes getting to the school easy. The surrounding area is very safe and the campus has it's own police department. The student body here is very friendly.

Sara

My school is best known for its ability to successfully create leaders. It also has a great sports program. Its psychology program is excellent and it has a wonderful study abroad program.

I have learned a great deal about myself. I have also begun my trek towards success in my future, and towards a better life. I will be gaining the skills and knowledge to do what I want to do, which is help others. I also love the campus and environment itself because everyone is upbeat and happy, and also very close to nature with great scenery and historical buildings on the grounds.

It is relativly small and very student oriented. It also has a good student work-study program and an exccelent first year department.

Kuree

Monmouth University is best known for having a beautiful campus. It looks like something out of a magazine

If I were able to go back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that the keys to college sucess are time management and organization. If you can master these two skills, a 4.0 GPA will not be far away. If I had learned to manage my time better early on in my college career my GPA would be much better. I am now paying for my mistakes by having to work 10x times as hard so that I can graduate with a decent GPA and have a chance of getting into law school. The most important thing that I would want to tell myself, and that I think every college student should know is that it is better to hand in a quality paper late, then to hand in a paper that was thrown together on time. Professors will respect you for it, trust me.

David

I would tell my self " Hey come here for a moment. Let me tell you something; more like tell my self something... that is besides the point. I want to tell you about college life..." I would likely responde "I made it to college?" "Yes we did. Your going to love it, especially since you make friends out in the desert. The college life is great, but it comes with great consiquence if you don't get ahead start. Listen to what the teachers and our parents tell us. Go online and start applying for scholarships if not, then we are going to end up biting the dust, and being left out of school after the first semester. Alright so I am forwarning you about how we are going to end up if you don't start listening and being so stubborn and think that you will make it on just pure luck like always! So get up and start going. Surf the web and apply for scholarships, so WE don't end up outside the gates looking in. And fair warning I know we love music, but maybe you should look into a history major; it's better alright."

Everyday I wish I could go back in time so I could do many things over again; to make better choices. If I could go back in time now and talk to myself I would tell myself to go to college. Education and knowledge is key to having a life that you want. Even though high school wasn't a pleasant experience, college is different. There are some many people who are willing to help you through this new adventure in your life. Stick to school. Social events are not that important right now. Getting your life together and setting up for your furture by going to school will be one of the greatest choices you will ever make. Since you want to have your own family someday, school is the best way to achieve that goal. It will help you become stable in so many areas of your life. Moving around from friend to friend everyday is not a life. By going to school and leaving your social life, you will avoid so much pain mentally, emotionally, and physically. Make the right choice and get yourself on the right path to a life that you want.

Chelsea

I would say to myself to not think that my circumstances, such as going to college, we'll change my character. Living with baggage can be difficult; especially if the baggage is something you feel you don't have control over. In my past my baggage consumed me and all I wanted was to run away from it. College seemed it would be my new beginning and fresh start. I thought I can find things that can make me happy through clubs, sports, and extra-curricular activities. As a naive senior I had my hopes up that I would finally get rid of my baggage and live peacefully. Little did i know that my past came with me wherever I went despite my circumstances. Consequently, I became torn between my desire and my regret. Being ignorant of the situation, I soonly found out I wasn't being true to myself. My advice to senior me is: Be true to yourself and then you can live freely. All I had to do was to face my regret, deal with it, leave it in the dust, and enjoy life to the fullest!

If I could go back and give myself advice about the transition to college I would tell myself to be able to let go of the way I used to do things and the people i used to rely on. The hardest adjustment was not having the same schedule I had had the past four years. Time management is very difficult in a new setting. It is also very difficult to let go of the people that I went to high school with. I would tell myself to get ready to lose some friends and gain new ones. It is difficult to adjust to not seeing the same people every day and having to make friends. College is all about relying on yourself and i would tell myself to make sure that i am ready to be independent.

Someone that is not willing to get involved should not attend this school. This school has a lot of opportunities for students to get involved and incoming freshmen should jump at that chance. If a person does not get involved at this school they will probably not have a good time. Getting involved is how people become connected and make friends. If a person does not make friends he or she most likely will not enjoy their college years.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the walk. The entire campus is enclosed, like its own little town, but the dorms are on the opposite side of the educational buildings and it is like a 15 minute walk to class. The walk is not bad if it is a nice day but rainy or very cold days the walk is terrible.

Shannon

Our American culture grooms us to seek immediate gratification. Nothing will cripple the dreams of a college education or a successful life faster than succumbing to the ideology that your desires must be met ?now?. Realize that regardless of your age, every decision you make has an impact on your dreams. Living and deciding for the moment makes a fool of someone failing to consider the long-term effects. Consider the financial ramifications of debt and what it really means to ?bank on the future?. Consider the personal obligations and possibilities (positive and negative) in relationship decisions. Consider what activities benefit your long-term goals when planning your daily and weekly schedule. Consider the gain of delayed gratification, temporary discomfort, or atypical solutions to typical problems. Life is lived moment by moment, but decisions must be made with the future in mind. Abiding in the "immediate gratification" ideology will impede the success you ultimately desire, not only with respect to college, but also in respect to your life.

John

If I could travel back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that college is a lot of reading and taking notes is not that hard. Because of the summer I was told by many people that college is so difficult and many people are not prepared for the experience but, I would tell myself to just relax and forget what all these other people were saying. I was very stressed and nervous over the summer and I wish that my summer before college did not feel that way because I feel that I should have been excited for this experience. I would also tell myself that I would make tons of new friends and enjoy a decent amount of my classes. I believe this would help calm me down and help me enjoy myself one last time as a high school student.

Before coming to this college I wish I knew that you had to get involved right away to have things happen your way and your fellow classmates ways. I now am every interested in getting into the Student Actvities Board this way I could help plan events at the MAC. So when I talk to prospective students of Monmouth I would tell them to be active right away.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who likes to get involved in activities at school but works hard in their spare time. At Monmouth you have to be pretty social because of all the great people that you can meet if you do come to this college. Lastly, if you want that one on one experience with you teacher this is the perfect school.

Monmouth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.