Monmouth University

« See more reviews of Monmouth University

Along with the diverse student body comes a plethora of outfits that are put together to go to class. There are the students that roll right our of bed and attend class in their pajamas just in time. Then there are the students that put a little more effort into getting dressed for class, they quickly throw on sweatpants, a sweatshirt and slip in their uggs. They are all about being comfortable. Then there are the ones who instead of slipping on the sweatpants but on jeans to go along with that comfy sweatshirt. And finally there are the ones such as myself that go to class as if they just came out of a fashion magazine, perhaps the guys from GQ and the girls from Cosomopolitan. The guys are seen wearing a hip dark fashion jean or dress slacks with either a classic polo shirt or a striped button down shirt. They may even pair the button down with a sweater. As for the girls, they come down the runway with a sassy skirt or a class pair of black pants and a sexy but classy top. The top can be a basic button down to a silk top or even a dressy knit. These people are the trendsetters and are on their way to dressing for the job they want!

Monmouth has a somewhat diverse student body. It is somewhat dominantly white, but there are a lot of various races and religions. It is very different from highschool, however because everyone simply makes friends with who they want to be friends with. Everyone comes in as a nervous freshman and race and religion don't really play a factor in who you end up being friends with like they do in high school. A lot of the students dress pretty typical; sweatpants, sweatshirts, flip flops. Nothing special. It's not a fashion show for most people but of course there are those select girls who have to wear heels to class everyday. A lot of the students here are politically aware but it's not the main topic of conversation. People have their opinions but I don't see anyone forcing their opinions on anyone else or judging people based on politics. Most people are just here to have a good time in college and get a degree from a pretty respectable college and get a good job.

Like I said earlier, most Monmouth students are upper-middle class kids. Almost all students wear Abercrombie, Hollister, or American Eagle. Status in general is pretty big at Monmouth. How much money you have, what type of car you have, who's going out with who, are all paid attention to pretty closely at MU. Not to say it's a bad thing, but almost everyone knows everyone's business (particuarly in the Greek community). Monmouth is predominantly white, and not that's its overwhelming, but its noticeable that Monmouth has more females than males. Monmouth doesn't really have a politically dominant class, most people thing it's more right-winged because it is a rich, private institution, but politics aren't really discussed alot at MU.

The majority of Monmouth students are white, middle class. While there is representation from some minorities, it's not extremely noticable. The majority of students are from North Jersey/New York and fit the typical "guido" stereotype. While a lot of the students are casual around campus, there are several who treat each day like a fashion show. I think that most of the student body at Monmouth is liberal, and there are different political events throughout the year, however, few people attend. Greek Life is prevelent. I think that students from the immediate local area (such as myself) would tend to feel uncomfortable there. It's a little strange for a Jersey Shore local to feel as though they've been thrust into Staten Island...

I dont think anyone would feel out of place at monmouth. There is something weird though, a select group of people tend to get VERY dressed up for class, and not like business dressed like heels and a dress. I on the other hand end up going in sweats sometimes. I think that many different types of people become friends from going to any school including Monmouth. Most students that come to Monmouth I feel like are from usually NJ and a lot of times within like 1/2 hr to 1 hr away. I think anyone can feel comfortable at Monmouth. And not everyone that comes here comes from Money. There are a handful of people that come here because their parents work here and they are able to attend for free.

Most students are from New Jersey and most have money, being as Monmouth is a private school. The atmosphere is very casual though; most kids wear sweatshirts and sweatpants to class. There's a whole array of people and its always interesting to see who is hanging out with who. Most people are really nice and friendly, especially your first year because everyone just wants to meet everyone and make friends. I met a lot of amazing people my first year, and was still meeting new people until the last day of school so its really not an issue to find people who you like to hang out with.

In general I love the atmosphere on campus; very casual and comfortable. There are tons of clubs or greek life to get involved in, and if you can't find something you like you can start your own club. Chances are there will be someone else at Monmouth who shares your interests. There aren't really any "cliques" at Monmouth, just lots of different people all trying to get along with everybody else. Only thing I don't like is the overwhelmingly leftist lean of both the student body and professors, but that is basically typical of all college campuses.

There are so many different types of people here and the great part is the student body doesn't discriminate. Generally speaking people stay within their clicks - athletes stick with athletes, guedos with guedos, etc., but people are generally open to anyone and everyone. Most students are from Jersey but I'm able to find other Maryland kids - we share Maryland pride and tend to remain close. Some girls get dressed up for class but my friends and I mostly just wear sweatpants and t-shirts. The guys don't dress up either - classes are relaxed.

My class mates are diverse and come rom all types of backrounds. Most are from around the state of New Jersery and wanted to get out of their perents house to get the college experience but not go to far from home. Everyone is very friendly , outgoing, social, and willing to help. Eveyone here is focused on their futrue and gettign a good career. Their are lost of social events in which students gather to have a good time. I have met people at Monmouth that I will network with the most of my life.

the school is mainly white. there are other races but there arent much. the different races usually stick together for the most part but a lot of the groups mix with one another. the main religion that people are is jewish. a lot of people that go to Monmouth come from families that are well off financially. mostly nj residents or the surrounding states. they girls are considered to be very pretty.