Monmouth University

« See more reviews of Monmouth University

Academics at Monmouth are one of a kind. The relationships that a student creates with a professor is imeasurable. I am one who likes to get to know my professor and always engage in conversation. The best class that I have taken at Monmouth is Entrepreneurship. This is a class in which the student's run it for the most part. A class where the students create a product and a business for that product. It is not your typical class, it is more like going to a job however, it is not 9-5. Students are put into departments such that of a business and each department has their own tasks. The class is started off with a group meeting and everyone collaborating together and then we end in our departments. Students even hold meetings outside of the classroom. This is a class that goes far beyond the classroom. In just 4 months, a business is started and a product is on the market! This class was more then a learning experience, it was emotional, hard work and rewarding. I wish every class could be like this!

I have had such great experiences with most of the professors I've had. So many of them are truely passionate about what they're teaching and make you interested in the subject. Most of the teachers are more then willing to meet you outside of class to help with anything and really have no problem providing extra help if you ask for it. I have heard good and bad things about Advisors but I know my freshman advisor was really helpful and reccommended I take a minor that would help with my major in getting jobs after I graduated. I am a rising junior and I already see how helpful the minor is going to be so I'm really greatful for the advise. They really want you to be able to apply what you learn to real life, not just the tests or finals. I have had one or two bad professors but I guess you can't completely avoid that. Overall though, I would have to say most professors here are really very helpful and good at their jobs.

I love the faculty at Monmouth. I have never met a rude person on campus. It's kind of weird actually you think when you go to college your teachers wont know your "name" anymore and they wont know if you were a good student in high school but here they do. Teachers pay sooo much attention to you (not like in high school when your teachers say when you get to college your professors wont be watching over you) but they do. I think the requirements at Monmouth are accurate. Once you get into upper classes like junior and senior year depending on your major, mine business management, most classes are basically all class participation and presentations. I find it easy to stay on top of my school work without stressing myself out too much with studying and homework. However, some weeks can be really tough.

Like I said earlier, all the professors are extrememly passionate at Monmouth. All teachers know your first name, you actually matter to them. You're NOT just a name on a class roster. There are tons of times to meet with your professor outside of the classroom as all professor are mandated to have at least 4 office hours per week. Some classes have more class participation than others. Academics aren't hard as long as you study and get your work done. I was a Communication major and the department heavily stressed getting involved outside of the class room. WMCX (our school's radio station) was a huge part of my collegiate experience as I was able to learn very extensively about radio, something I really couldn't experience inside the class room.

most professors know you name after a week or two in their class. i love the business department because they all have had a experience in the real world and can bring that to the class when teaching. it makes the information seem interesting and helps to enhancing the learning. because of this, more students participate because they are interested in the material. the classes are difficult and when i talk to friends taking the same classes at other schools their classes are usually a lot easier. the classes challenge you. the teachers have office hours and you can make an appointment to see them in addition to the study hours. some classes also have a review session before a major exam or final. i feel i will be prepared when i graduate.

I think the academics at Monmouth are very strong. You have to put in serious effort if you want to get A's, yet you also would have to try pretty hard to fail. All of your professors know your name and probably some other personal details about you. They are always approachable both during and outside of class. Lots of choices in courses as well; I would stay here an extra year if I could just to take some of Monmouth's interesting classes. Quite a few Gen Ed requirements, but they are working on that. Probably the most popular majors at Monmouth are Business, Education, and Communications, but the other majors are pretty strong too. I think the science departmet is good; I love all my professors.

Academically, I have been fairly impressed with Monmouth. The majority of teachers are very well-informed on their subject matter and truly care about it. The classes are very small, some are even smaller than my high school classes were. All of the teachers I have had have known me by name and have been very accomidating. However, in all honesty I think that the academic requirements are pretty lax. I have been in classes with A LOT of students who just do not care, and from what I can see, their grades aren't suffering from it. I think that a lot of students are just allowed to skate by, which is unfair for those of us who try very hard.

Monmouth is a really good school, academic wise. The classes are small - really similar to high school. My biggest class was probably no more than 25 people. Studying is really important because you gotta get your work done on time and get good grades. It can be hard at first, balancing this new freedom with the amount of work you get thrown at you, but work hard, play hard. The professors are very knowledgeable and definitely want to help you pass. They're always there if you have questions or need extra help and most are very understanding. I really have not had any complaints about any of the professors I've had yet.

I'm constantly challenged in all my classes. The work load can be heavy and stressful at times but it is going to be like that wherever you go to college. At Monmouth you're not just a number - your teachers know you by your first name and I love that. It's great having a good student-teacher relationship and it makes the classes easier. Being a part of the Honors program at Monmouth is one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has challenged me and allowed me to be in classes with the same kids. I was better able to get to know my peers and classes were centered around discussion rather than lecture.

Coming from sophmore now, my experience at Monmouth has helped me to realize that grades are very important, and if you want a school that's going to help gear you into the right direction Monmouth is the one. Monmouth has the best academics program i have ever seen. The staff of teachers are always free and willing to give you the time and help that you need. We have special centers that are opened to help with art, writting, math, anything that you may need help with they have may people that are specialized in your subject for help.