West Long Branch, NJ
Monmouth University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monmouth University

Fixed  rate loan

Anjelique

my school has a very good theater program and is in a great location. It is right by the beach and also an hour and a half away from new york city. It's the best of both worlds

One thing I dislike are the amount of students that do go home on the weekends

Alexandra

Monmouth University is an exceptional college where professors are very attentive.

Now that I am pursuing a second Master's degree for the 2014-2015 academic school year, I definitely have a few words for my high school senior self: wake up and take off the rose colored glasses. I was very naive in my youth, and made degree choices not based off of career aspirations, but decided by my intellectal interests. This mentality was a detriment to my post-college career growth. I did not spend enough time in my youth thinking pragmatically. A number of events woke me up to the "real world." For instance, I first-hand witnessed my house flood from Hurricane Sandy. Managing a post-disaster construction project made me aware of the resistance involved in business, regardless of the cause of business. I discovered that this idea of humanity (something I've spent a lot of time philosophizing about) is more of an obscure concept. I want to pursue altruistic dreams when I have the ability to pull resources together. So, my final words to my high school self are: if you every want to achieve your dreams, the best path may not be linear and it definitely is not a short road.

I don't have anything negative to say. I very much enjoyed my time at Monmouth University.

Aubriann

Widen your social circle and give everyone an equal chance. That girl sitting in front of you in your Lit class, who seems to have nothing in common with you, will become a valuable friend and study partner later. Refrain from making assumptions about other people, and especially don't assume you know what they are thinking about you. Foster relationships with your professors; they have been where you want to be someday. Your professors want to help you, and understand your journey. Lose the highschool fear of being branded as a suck up; you are all adults here. Finally, no one will notice if you're not drinking, and if they do, it still doesn't matter to them. Be the sober one who can drive, and make sure everyone gets home alive. It's more fun laughing at the stupid things your friends do, then waking up with a hangover. Your G.P.A will thank you in the long run.

Erika

Save money, get a job, don't rely on your parents for everything. Do not party everyweekend, get work done, go where you want to go not where others want you to go.

Down the street from the beach, a lot of activities going on during the weekends

Joseph

If I could go back, I would tell my highschool self to cherish the days I have in highscool. College is a whole different ball game. You need to be focused, have a great sense of time mangement, and be responsible! People aren't going to hold your hand through college, like they have in highschool. You need to stay focused, stay out of trouble, and remember what you're doing all of this for: To have an education, and be the first one in your family to attend college. Take my advice into great consideration, and never give up!

The worst thing about my school is the student atmosphere. Most students here, drink or party and I'm not about that life style. Its tough having to deal with people who do this all the time, but what are you going to do? I'm here to get my education, not party.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of meal options. It gets frustrating having to eat the same things day after day. I wish they would expand the menu, and add more vegetarian options.

Above all else, they know when to have fun and when to get to work.

Above all else, they know when to have fun and when to get to work.

Stay classy, Jess. I mean it: hold yourself to the standards that you set for yourself. Don't be a people pleaser. You're going to meet people who don't understand or care what you're going through, and they're going to weigh you down. There's nothing you can do about that: that's life. But as long as you stay classy, you'll rise above them. Pick your battles. Know when to walk away. Use your inside voice. As long as you can maintain your level of class through this all, then you're going to be the best that you can be. College is the time to reinvent yourself. Yes, mistakes have been made. But once you get to school, you don't have to be the same mousey girl who ate her lunch alone in the back of the library. So get out there, Jess. When in doubt, pinky out. You can do anything as long as you keep your shoulders back and your chin up. So stay classy, Jess. I love you.

Anyone who wants to feel like just a face in the crowd to their professors, or anyone who doesn't see the value in hard work.

Michelle

Again, location. I liked that it was diverse.

Again, location. I liked that it was diverse.

I would urge myself to explore more options and keep an open mind. Look for aspects of the campus besides location that interest you, like minors, extra-curriculars and volunteer opportunities because being social is just as important as doing well academically. Don't limit yourself to schools in the tri-state area and don't be afraid to make a mistake! When one door closes, a window opens somewhere else so be open to the possibilities and learn to go with the flow. Enjoy life.

I brag about it's location. It's is close to the beach and Philly/NYC.

Courtney

College is going to be tough. There will still be mean-spirited students who put you down and your parents will still seem like they require too much attention. Sometimes, it just will not feel worth it. But it is. Keep your head up because you will soon realize that the opinions of others don't matter and you parents will eventually relax and accept you just as you are. You will discover that in college all of the work that you do is really for you. You are the sole beneficiary of your efforts. Think about the kind of life that you want to live and the kind of person you want to be. Now, if you work hard, you can have all of those things. So ignore the petty stuff, even when it is hard to because it doesn't have to matter to you. You can rise above it and live the life that you want and that you deserve.

Kaitlyn

Monmouth University is a vibrant, close-knit, welcoming community that provides interesting classes, impressive professors, and great extracirricular activities, job opportunities on and off campus and is only two minutes from the beach!

Classmates are diverse, very nice, and very helpful; Monmouth is a perfect-sized school that you feel welcome at.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax. As a student in Advanced Placements classes, my friends were driving themselves crazy trying to get into big-name schools with the top-rated academic programs. I would tell my past self to stop worrying about what other people think, and how much I'm going to love attending class two minutes away from my house, how I will meet great people there, join different clubs, serve as Treasurer for Monmouth's Student Government Association, and still get to work, teach dance, and do theater outside of school that I would have missed out on. I would tell myself that I would love the small class sizes, the Monmouth community, and the personable faculty, all factors that another school would not have offered. Most of all, I would remind myself that a "famous" school does not make you successful, but what YOU do at a school determines your success. I would proudly mention that I would graduate in only three years, while ranked first in my class for Economics majors, and get accepted to my first choice law school, Seton Hall.

Monmouth University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.